chicken curry please

loislaine

hi there,has anyone got a recipe for a chicken curry ? ive just bought loads of quorn chicken at a pnd a bag from iceland and really fancy a curry, many thanks i would be really grateful x

i made a lovely chicken curry last night you can use quorn for a green curry or chicken for an extra easy curry. i used proper chicken.

Ingredients
  • a carton of very low fat natural yog
  • 2 tbsp paprika
  • 2 tbsp curry powder (i used medium)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • mushrooms
  • onions
  • courgettes
method
mix the low fat natural yog, paprika, curry powder, fine grate the garlic cloves and add to the mix. add your chicken or whatever meat you like and leave to marinade for about an hour.

chop courgettes, mushrooms and onion and lighly brown in a frying pan using fry light.

now add in your marinated chicken including the sauce with it and simmer in the pan for 30-40 mins or until chicken is cooked!

wala! free curry! add half slimming world chips and half boiled rice! also free! and a popadom (2.5 syns)! :rolleyes:

thankyou very much for that,hav fancied it for ages dinner 2moro ! thankyou x

I made the Spicy Persian Chicken last weekend and it was lovely - I put the recipe on the recipe thread forum above, I'm sure you will like it, I used chicken but there is no reason why you couldn't use quorn instead.

I'm doing chicken jalfrezi tonight. This is a genuine Pakistani recipe that I found on the net (adapted) and it's delish.

This recipe with the ghee is about 1syn if you choose to use the ghee and have the chicken as a HEB

for 2
2x chicken breast (HEB green)
1 Onion (whizzed in the processer or grated if you're a masochist! :cry:)
1clove garlic
half tin chopped toms
1tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp chili (or to taste)
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
2tsp grated fresh ginger
8 tblspns (or good handful) fresh chopped coriander
2tspns ghee (1 syn a tspn I think, but optional)

fry onion and garlic in frylight for about 2 mins

Add chicken and season with turmeric, chili and salt. Fry gently turning chicken to brown

Add chopped toms. Cover and simmer for about 20mins. Check liquid levels from time to time. Uncover and check to see if more liquid needs adding (I usually add a bit more water - a couple of tblspnish)

Add ghee (if using) cumin, ground coriander, ginger and fresh coriander and cook for another 5-7 mins

Serve with loads of loverly pilau rice ( I have a delish recipe for this also!) :eat:

thanks everyone going to try them all thankyou. xx

Back