Chicken drumsticks driving me mad!

Marrybanilow

I dont know why I'm having such a hard time working this out lol but I'm getting 8pp for each drumstick - that cant be right - they are only wee ones!

100G RAW
MEAT AND SKIN
protein - 17.6
fat - 17.7
no carbs or fibre

the whole pack weighs 818g and there are 7 drumsticks in it, and I wouldnt be eating the skin.
Can any maths genius out there tell me how many pp per leg!! :cry:

Angie x

Last edited:
818/7 = 116g per drumstick

Protein = 17.6/100 x 116 = 20.4
Carbs = 0
Fibre = 0
Fat = 17.7/100 x 116 = 20.6

= 7pp per drumstick!

If you're not eating the skin, I'm guessing you can drop the fat count by a lot, but then you're in guestimation territory...! :)

Thanks for that :)
It is a lot for one leg though, think I'll give them a miss

Angie

Yeah. Seems pretty high to me, although I'm still on Discovery.
I tend to find that boneless/skinless breasts are the best value for money points wise, but not budget wise.

I buy a whole chicken, have the butcher joint it into 8 pieces and then skin and bake the lot, then i point it cooked. Much better value than breasts and not too bad for points either .

Chicken drumsticks are very high. I think it's because it's dark meat on them which is higher in points. BF came home with a tub of spicy drumsticks a few weeks ago from M&S and they were a whopping 10pp per drumstick. 3 and I'd be at my daily point limit!!

Just thinking for the weight of a drumstick, you're actually weighing the bone too?! x

Back