Chicken & Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce

ellenwillbeskinny

I need chocolate now!!!
Chicken & Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce

The following ingredients are for one serving. Just double etc the quantities if you want to make more than one serving.

165g (approx) skinless chicken breast
2 tsps olive oil
1/2 tbsp plain white flour
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
About a ladle full of white wine
About a ladle full of hot chicken stock
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
Loads sliced mushrooms
Handful chopped fresh parsley

Cut chicken breast into 4 big long strips.
Season flour with salt and pepper and coat chicken pieces in it.
Heat 1tsp oil in frying pan and when hot add chicken pieces. Fry until golden on each side and cooked through. Set chicken aside.
Heat remaining tsp of oil in pan and add garlic. Cook for a minute and then add the mushrooms and season well with salt and pepper. Cook a few mins more.
Add wine, chicken stock and parsley to pan and stir well with a wooden spoon, making sure it doesn't stick.
Allow sauce to simmer for a few mins until it has reduced to about half. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Add chicken pieces to pan and stir until chicken is heated through.
Serve with basmati rice or whatever you prefer.
Sprinkle chicken with parsley before serving.

Note: I worked this recipe out as 7 pro points (without the rice) but you need to work it our according to the weight of chicken etc that you use.

I love mushrooms so I use loads of them in this recipe but it is up to you how much you use.

I just break off a piece of a chicken stock cube to make the stock.

This would be nice to make the night before and reheat the next day as the flavours would develop more.

BON APPETIT! Ellen:p

Last edited:
Sounds lovely!

Thanks for this Ellen, deffo will try it out. And best of luck for weigh in. X

Thanks for sharing. Cant wait to try it :)

How many PP does the one serving provide please?

Sounds lovely!!

x

Hi, one serving works out at 7 pro points but that does NOT include the rice, you will have to point the rice or whatever accompaniment you are having with it separately. Also it is best to work out the pps each time you make it as you may use more or less chicken etc I just give the wine 1pp as a very small amount is used. Enjoy.

Thank you!

Sounds delish and is going on my list for next weekend!
x

Back