Chicken stir fry

looy24

Hi all, can anyone give me any tips in how to a chicken stir fry sauce using herbs or stuff that r free on EE. I'm wanting to make one for lunch but can only find recipes using beef. Would b grateful of any ideas, thanks

Really really easy, I made one last Saturday night and it felt like such a treat! Much better than a takeaway, etc.

I simply chopped up a couple of chicken breasts, peppers, onions, and mushrooms and fried them off in a pan with FryLight until the chicken was cooked through and the vegetables softened. I also use a garlic & chilli grinder to give the ingredients a bit of extra flavour.

Meanwhile, have some dried noodles boiling in a pan (the dried noodles are free on plan, whereas the fresh egg noodles have to be Synned).

When the noodles look/feel about done, add a handfull of bean sprouts to the chicken/veg and let them cook through for a couple of minutes.

Drain the noodles and transfer them into the pan with the chicken and vegetables. Stir well so that they become really mixed up. Add Soy Sauce and chopped Chillies to taste - serve.

All completely Free/Superfree, and very very yummy! Enjoy :drool:

Adding a curry oxo and just a dash of hot water from the kettle to the chicken when just cooked gives a nice sauce then add whatever veg you want. Soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce are both free and add flavour.

This has almost the same ingredients. I use the it for Chickpeas as well as meat.

CHICKEN AND BASIL SIZZLE

2 cloves garlic ...chilli to taste.......... frylight
Handful each of fresh coriander and basil (reserve a little for garnish)
Salt and pepper ..............a little chicken stock
2 skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
Mushrooms (as many as you want) and about half red pepper
S­­­­paghetti or noodles to serve

METHOD
Cook spaghetti or noodles as directed.
Cook the mushrooms separately so that they do not colour the chicken.
Cut the red pepper into small thin strips.
Put the garlic, coriander, basil, chilli, salt and pepper into a small blender and blend until a paste.
Spray the pan with frylight and cook the chicken and peppers until the chicken is almost cooked then add the paste to the pan and stir – add a little chicken stock so it does not­­­­ stick. Then put the mushrooms in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
Plate the pasta, top with the chicken and garnish with the rest of the coriander and basil.

Will add a photo

Pete’s Chicken Stir-Fry

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 chicken breast per person, cut into strips (ff)
1stir-fry veg pack (s)(sff)
1x 150g pack Amoy “straight to wok” noodles (ff) 1.5syn
150g button mushrooms, sliced (s)(sff)

Stir-fry sauce

1Tbsp. sweetener
1Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp blue dragon oyster oil 1syn
1 tsp toasted sesame oil 2syn
1 spring onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1 cube of ginger, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. water

Method

Spray a wok with Fry Light and cook the chicken strips until cooked and browned, remove from the pan, add more Fry Light and cook the veg for 5 mins, return the chicken to the pan, add the noodles and the home made stir-fry sauce, cook for another 5 mins until the noodles are cooked.

Making the Stir-fry Sauce

In a small frying pan, add the ingredients and over a low heat, cook, stirring from time to time to blend, season with salt & pepper. Cook until it thickens then add to the stir-fry after the noodles,

Chicken Stir-Fry (Small).JPG

Back