Chicory root makes you toot

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Lynn_, 1 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    My god my stomach is giving me gip. Gurgling burbling, passing wind, and now the diarhea has set in big time.

Its been suggested that the Exante bars are the problem, so i had a look on the Exante website to see if they contain anything that might be laxative. One ingrediant stood out to me, chicory root. So i googled it and found someones blog on another site, this is an extract from it.

'Bit of trivia: (these) bars contain chicory root, which is a type of inulin that makes you feel full without adding extra calories. Inulin is a prebiotic, containing the food for the good bacteria that live in the bowel. Lots of food. After eating said food, the little bacterii start burping . A LOT . To borrow a phrase from Project Runway, there is entirely too much tootie'

I then found on other websites that chicory root extract is in fact a laxative.

I love these bars and they are so convenient to take to work, but not if this is the side effect. I work for a bank and visit their clients every day, I cant be doing with being 'jet propelled' during a meeting, its just not customer friendly lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lucy4loop

lucy4loop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.47%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Maybe have your bar in the evening when you're safely out of earshot! :)

4. FattyMcBigbum

FattyMcBigbum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    26st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.2lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Sorry to LOL but this made me chuckle ^.^

I think Lucy's got a point though, have it in the evening =). I personally couldn't give up the bars (can't say they affect me like that either though) I love them too much.

5. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol but it's good to see just how natural they are! I tend to have my bar in the evening (but I work from home) and think it would be good if Exante did a tetra style shake to take out and about!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.