Chilli Con Carne Pack

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
I'm just eating my first ever one.

What are your thoughts? Can you get inventive with this pack? How do you make it?

xxx

Ypu can have it as thick or as thin as you like. I noramlly have it quite thick as it feels like you are chewing something. But once I did put way too much water in and it went like a soup which wasn't too bad. What do you think of the flavour?

i pour 120mls boiled water in my measuring jug and stir in the sachet with a fork. put in microwave for 1 min then mix again with the fork and leave to stand for a few mins. luverly juberly xx

Mine always comes out like a mousse - really bubbly (YUK!) - is there a trick to getting it without loads of air bubbles trapped?

i pour 120mls boiled water in my measuring jug and stir in the sachet with a fork. put in microwave for 1 min then mix again with the fork and leave to stand for a few mins. luverly juberly xx
Yup... same way I do it... although I add a bit more water, just so it looks bigger, and a bit more substantial!

Loula... Yeah, it does go a little light and bubbly when I do it too I guess, but I don't mind it... I don't whip it up at all when stirring it, just mix it very gently... just enough to get the dry mixture to absorb the water...

It makes a welcome change to the soups so any sort of texture is good with me at the moment! lol... ;)

Oh, and blue_grapefruit... personally not found anything clever to do with this particular pack... but would also be interested to hear anyone's ideas!

xx

Last edited:
Ive had it a few times now, and its really nice imho. I pour on the boiling water, probably about 250 or 300ml, add a little boullion, nuke in the microwave for a minute and allow to stand for a bit, pinch of sea salt and large splash of tabasco!! Really took time over eating it tonight and could actually identify the flavours of beans a mince etc... lol the chef in me never leaves. I would just adore some fresh coriander on top though!!

J
xx

I'm allergic to chilli really, should avoid this one but seeing as it's dried before eating it's not so bad. I dunno what I thought of it :s I had a pint of St Clements to sip while I ate it, and i ate it slowly. Was ok I guess x

Thanks for your replies xx

I'm having my first of these tonight - hopefully it doesn't end up too light mousse!!

It's my fav pack, i actually look forward to it in the evening, i have to admit i have to put a huge amount of tabasco in it to make it a bit more interesting.

have to agree with Magic.......nasty disgusting! makes me gag

Hey hun,
See ya tomorrow? xxx:wave_cry:

I've never tried tabasco. It's spicy isn't it?

Me no likey spicy x

hi Lucie yes I believe they are....but it will happen when the new packs come out, should have been from 1st Jan but there has been a delay :(

Back