Chilli, tomato and prawn linguine

HelenJemima

Just made this based on a dish I had a Zizzi's and it was YUM! Really lovely rich tasting tomato sauce with a bit of a kick. The longer you leave it to simmer the better, but 10/15 mins is enough. To really get a nice flavour in the sauce, I used olive oil and sugar, but you could use fry light and sweetener if you wanted it to be syn free!

Serves 2 - 3.5 syns per person on Red, Green or EE as long as using Prawns as HE on a Green day, (or 0.5 syns if you use oil as HE)

1 tbsp olive oil (6)
Half an onion
1 large clove garlic
1 fresh red chilli, chopped and deseeded
1 red pepper, chopped and deseeded
1 can plum tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp sugar (1)
300g tiger prawns
Salt

Chop the onion and garlic very finely. Heat the oil, fry the onion and garlic for 5 mins, stirring, then add chilli and stir for further 2 mins. Add chopped red pepper - another 2 mins. Add plum tomatoes and tomato puree, mash up the tomatoes with your wooden spoon to release the juice (less bitter than just using chopped tomatoes). Add sugar and pinch of salt, and leave to simmer on a low heat for 10/15 mins. Add ready-cooked prawns for last 5 mins.

Serve with a pile of linguine on a green day using prawns as HEB!

I love this meal in Zizzi's one of my favourites, the ingredients definately be on my shopping list this week. Thanks

Forgot to add...mix the linguine in with the sauce before serving, then all the pasta is coated in the chilli, tomato yumminess!

Sounds wonderful HJ, always looking for new inspiration and have prawns int freezer so will defo be doing this! Thanks hun!X

Well I must say, this may become my favourite SW recipe. I just made this for tea and it tasted just like Zizi's. Thank you so much for this recipe. Everyone must try it, I was wondering if it was worth using a healthy extra for, but it so is.

Just thought I'd bump up this recipe - it's really delicious and we've made it a few times now!

Try using tinned cherry tomatoes instead of plum tomatoes - they look great and taste gorgeous!

Ooh i'm definitely going to try this!! Thank you :D
I was just watching Gino on this morning making crab linguine and was wondering if there was a SW recipe, as i LOVE anything a little bit spicy, so this is ideal!
I'll be making it without the meat, but sure it'll still be yummy!

Has anyone tried this with passata instead, I always have this at Zizi's and can't wait to try this.

I've had this at Zizzi's as well & replicated it at home, but used sweetener, Frylight & fresh tomato's.......so completely Syn free on Extra Easy & used a Hex for grated cheese sprinkled on the top

I adapted the recipe a bit to fit in with what I had in the fridge.
it was lovely.
1/2 onion , i had spring onions so used 4, finely chopped with a Clove of garlic, Fry for 5 mins, add 1 redchilli chopped, after 2 mins add a chopped red pepper and another 2 mins add a tin of plum tomatoes, and a tbsp Tom puree. I used half large carton of passata and a dozen cherry toms chopped into quarters and Tom puree. Add teasp of sugar or sweetener, pinch salt and simmer 10 mins. Then add prawns for 5 mins. Boil linguine or noodles then add to prawns

slimmingworldrecipes.jpg

Last edited:
I added 1tbsp capers with chilli garlic & onion in food chopper then fried off b4 adding passata & seasoned lovely sauce & versatile too :)

I loved it, but DH didn't , :mad:

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back