Chilli with wedges

razzledazzle

Does anyone have a good recipe for chilli? I really fancy making it for dinner tonight with some potato wedges.

Cheers, J x

I normally brown the mince, onion and peppers, add some chilli powder and a pinch garlic depending on taste. Then add chopped tomatos and maybe a tbsp tomato puree and a dask wos sauce. I normally stir in a beef stock cube to give it some more flavour. You can add red kidney beans as a HEB I think, but I leave them out.

I pretty much follow the same recipe, mince, onions, garlic, fresh chilli (or dried) add a tin of toms and a tin of kidney beans (or baked beans) and a beef stock cube and simmer for 30 mins. As you are having wedges I guess you are on EE so the whole meal is freeeeeeeeeee!!!

We're having this tonight as well (i'm having rice though). It's quite nice to add some red or yellow peppers, just for a hint of sweetness!

Thanks for all your replies ladies ....... it was tasting really good until I put 1 teaspoon - yes, just the 1 level teaspoon, of hubby's beloved hot chilli powder in ....... OMG it blew my head off (my face was practically 'leaking' and everything, nose and eyes were running, forehead sweating, coughing spluttering - the works) even hubby who loves all things spicy, couldn't eat it ....... so we had cheesey wedges instead and the chilli went in the bin ......... I think I'll use fresh next time (or lazy chillies) and add it a teeeny tiiiiny bit at a time (mind, I thought just a teaspoon was adding it a bit at a time! lol).

J x

Oh no! Sorry to hear it didn't quite work out. Still we learn from these things and you'll make it perfect next time :)

Eek! I made a nice chilli last night with quorn mince, just wanted to mention that I finally tried the tip from the front of the little SW recipe books about "dry frying" onions in about half a pint of veg stock [bring to the boil then turn the heat right down and leave to simmer for about half an hour until the liquid's pretty much gone and the onions are all sticky and nice and soft] - it's brilliant! If you haven't tried it, give it a go, much better than frylight for onions.

Back