1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese Egg Fried Rice

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Cleashy, 21 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Cleashy

Cleashy Full Member

Hope you enjoy :D;

You will need:

*However much White basmati rice you want (usually 1 large handful for each person you want to serve)
    *One egg for every two people you are serving
    *Dark soy sauce (to taste)
    *Fry light
    *1 teaspoon of sesame oil for every two people you are serving
    *Salt & white pepper

*Boil the rice in water until soft
    *Rinse the rice using a sieve in hot tap water to get rid of the starch - stir the rice in the sieve and leave to drain as much water as possible
    *Take your egg(s) and beat together - add two dashes of salt and one dash of pepper to the eggs and mix
    *Spray a wok (or any non stick pan) with fry light and pour in the beaten egg - keep stirring the egg so that it cooks in small pieces (like scrambled egg really)
    *Spray more frylight onto the egg pieces and cook for another minute
    *Pour in the rice and sprinkle as much dark soy sauce over as you like - stir well and ensure rice is piping hot
    *add in the sesame oil just before serving (while the rice is still piping hot) and mix well

On an extra easy/green day the only Syns come from the sesame oil

1 teaspoon = 2 Syns and only one teaspoon is used per two servings meaning each serving is 1 Syn

You can of course leave out the sesame oil but I find it gives an authentic chinese feel to the rice :p

it good on its own or you can add meat (on an extra easy day) :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    I tried this last week and it was lovely. I had to add a fair amount of soy sauce to get the flavour I wanted though. And I would probably add lots of chopped veg as well the next time I make it.
  4. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Low Carb
    I use frylight, but add spring onion, peas & sweetcorn & a teaspoon of chinese 5 spice. A favourite in my house!
  5. Goodygoodstuff

Goodygoodstuff Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Definitely going to try making some of this tomorrow - got some rice left over from dinner tonight.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.