Chinese Egg Fried Rice

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Cleashy, 21 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Cleashy

Cleashy Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Hope you enjoy :D;

You will need:

*However much White basmati rice you want (usually 1 large handful for each person you want to serve)
    *One egg for every two people you are serving
    *Dark soy sauce (to taste)
    *Fry light
    *1 teaspoon of sesame oil for every two people you are serving
    *Salt & white pepper

Cooking:
    *Boil the rice in water until soft
    *Rinse the rice using a sieve in hot tap water to get rid of the starch - stir the rice in the sieve and leave to drain as much water as possible
    *Take your egg(s) and beat together - add two dashes of salt and one dash of pepper to the eggs and mix
    *Spray a wok (or any non stick pan) with fry light and pour in the beaten egg - keep stirring the egg so that it cooks in small pieces (like scrambled egg really)
    *Spray more frylight onto the egg pieces and cook for another minute
    *Pour in the rice and sprinkle as much dark soy sauce over as you like - stir well and ensure rice is piping hot
    *add in the sesame oil just before serving (while the rice is still piping hot) and mix well

On an extra easy/green day the only Syns come from the sesame oil

1 teaspoon = 2 Syns and only one teaspoon is used per two servings meaning each serving is 1 Syn

You can of course leave out the sesame oil but I find it gives an authentic chinese feel to the rice :p

it good on its own or you can add meat (on an extra easy day) :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tried this last week and it was lovely. I had to add a fair amount of soy sauce to get the flavour I wanted though. And I would probably add lots of chopped veg as well the next time I make it.

4. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    I use frylight, but add spring onion, peas & sweetcorn & a teaspoon of chinese 5 spice. A favourite in my house!

5. Goodygoodstuff

Goodygoodstuff Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Definitely going to try making some of this tomorrow - got some rice left over from dinner tonight.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.