Chinese Egg Fried Rice

Cleashy

Hope you enjoy :D;

You will need:

*However much White basmati rice you want (usually 1 large handful for each person you want to serve)
*One egg for every two people you are serving
*Dark soy sauce (to taste)
*Fry light
*1 teaspoon of sesame oil for every two people you are serving
*Salt & white pepper

Cooking:
*Boil the rice in water until soft
*Rinse the rice using a sieve in hot tap water to get rid of the starch - stir the rice in the sieve and leave to drain as much water as possible
*Take your egg(s) and beat together - add two dashes of salt and one dash of pepper to the eggs and mix
*Spray a wok (or any non stick pan) with fry light and pour in the beaten egg - keep stirring the egg so that it cooks in small pieces (like scrambled egg really)
*Spray more frylight onto the egg pieces and cook for another minute
*Pour in the rice and sprinkle as much dark soy sauce over as you like - stir well and ensure rice is piping hot
*add in the sesame oil just before serving (while the rice is still piping hot) and mix well

On an extra easy/green day the only Syns come from the sesame oil

1 teaspoon = 2 Syns and only one teaspoon is used per two servings meaning each serving is 1 Syn

You can of course leave out the sesame oil but I find it gives an authentic chinese feel to the rice :p

it good on its own or you can add meat (on an extra easy day) :D

I tried this last week and it was lovely. I had to add a fair amount of soy sauce to get the flavour I wanted though. And I would probably add lots of chopped veg as well the next time I make it.

Definitely going to try making some of this tomorrow - got some rice left over from dinner tonight.

Back