Chinese five spice ideas please........

sididd

Gold Member
Hi I've never cooked with this before, I'm a boring Dukan cook so any ideas appreciated x

I love it in stir fries but Im not sure it is allowed on Ducan cos I think it has sugar in it. Check the ingrediants xx

Five spice is fine (it is, literally, five spices - star anise, cloves, cinnamon, sichuan pepper and fennel).

Sid, I use to make a foo yung - Chinese version of scrambled eggs.

Dry fry some sliced onions (and other veg if PV day - mushrooms and peppers are good, as is little pieces of cooked broccoli)
Add your protein - cooked leftovers are great - chicken, beef, prawns, smoked salmon, etc. - and cook through for a minute or two
Add your five spice powder (I like plenty but if you've not had it before, try just a teaspoon to start with to see how you get on) and let it cook through for a minute or two
Whilsk your eggs in a jug or bowl and then pour them over the frying mixture
Continually move it round with a wooden spoon and you will see it start to set and cook. Depending on how runny or firm you like your eggs, stop cooking when it looks right for you.
Voila - foo yung. Scrummy, easy and Dukan friendly!

Enjoy and let me know what time you want me for breakfast ....! ;)

P x

Five spice is fine (it is, literally, five spices - star anise, cloves, cinnamon, sichuan pepper and fennel).

Sid, I use to make a foo yung - Chinese version of scrambled eggs.

Dry fry some sliced onions (and other veg if PV day - mushrooms and peppers are good, as is little pieces of cooked broccoli)
Add your protein - cooked leftovers are great - chicken, beef, prawns, smoked salmon, etc. - and cook through for a minute or two
Add your five spice powder (I like plenty but if you've not had it before, try just a teaspoon to start with to see how you get on) and let it cook through for a minute or two
Whilsk your eggs in a jug or bowl and then pour them over the frying mixture
Continually move it round with a wooden spoon and you will see it start to set and cook. Depending on how runny or firm you like your eggs, stop cooking when it looks right for you.
Voila - foo yung. Scrummy, easy and Dukan friendly!

Enjoy and let me know what time you want me for breakfast ....! ;)

P x

OMG I love you!!

OMG I love you too! That egg foo young is my most fave Dukan dish, but stopped having it because I thought there was sugar in the 5 spice powder. I know what I'm having for tea tomorrow! :) x

Pauline that sounds really tasty going to have that for for dinner thanks for tbe recipie xxx

Back