Chinese Food?

pinkbabexxx

Ok, next Wednesday I am meeting up with a couple of school friends, we do this every month. We go to our favourite chinese restaurant and enjoy around 4 hours of chit chat and obviously lots of wine and nice food. I have already decided that i am going and to stop the consumption of alcohol i am going to play taxi and drive us all! Now here's the thing, i get weighed on Wednesday first before I go and as I will have been following SS for 2 weeks and moving up to SS+ the next day I thought I would have a couple of hours off the plan and have a few nibbles :eek:
So, what to eat? I am going to eat, probably won't be able to manage alot after 2 weeks of shakes and porridge but what is the best type of thing to go at? Chicken? What about rice and noodles? Can anyone tell me whats best? And yes i know, taking a shake is whats best!!

Well done on ssing for 2 weeks and 14pounds off. I realy wouldnt have chinese food so soon after ssing really. I waould say plate full of salad and chicken only. Just enjoy the taste and dont go mad but i bet that will be hard.!

Just remember how well you've done pinkbabe. x

Pinkbabe, I am not telling you not to eat, if that is what you want to do and are prepared for the consequences - why not? But ............ when I had been on CD for over 2 months I went with my friends to an Enrique Iglasias concert. We all met up for food beforehand. We got settled in the restaurant and they ordered their food and wine, I asked the waitress if she would prepare my CD soup.

I sat an ate my soup in the restaurant whist they tucked into steak, chips, lamb chops, garlic bread - the works. I felt GREAT - the control I felt was fab. My friends were saying how great I was looking and how fab I was for being able to resist etc. It was a really good feeling. I looked good and I felt good and I will always remember that night.

Try it - see how good you feel knowing you are in total control. Soak up the compliments and the admiration that you can actually do what they can't.

Like I say, I am not trying to deter you from eating. If you do, enjoy it and get back on the wagon asap x

nooooooooooooooo chinese

If you want a more free approach to weightloss you may be better on another diet?

Sole source is noooooo food ss+ is very very low in anything food

Steer clear of carbs full stop this diet Is hardcore

honestly girls, its just the one night, i will be back on it the following morning, but will it really effect my loss so so badly? even if its the night before day 1 of the week? surely i have the whole week to be perfect and put right the wrong?

Of course it is totally up to you but I wouldn't eat, not after only 2 weeks. Restaurant food, particularly Chinese can be highly salted - it isn't just carbs you need to avoid. Am afraid I am not going to give you an answer you want! Hope you enjoy your evening whatever you decide to do...

I have been for a chinese buffet for a works meal while on SS, and get this I still stayed in ketosis. Go for the veg, chicken and prawns, and steer well clear of anything like rice and noodles. At my local chinese buffet they will cook it for you, and you can select to have no sauce, so I actually ended up with a really nice healthy meal, and like I mentioned I stayed in ketosis, so that can't be bad. I also found that having bean sprouts instead of rice worked ok.

I'm going out with friends to a restaurant (it serves chinese, indian, thai, etc) a week on Saturday for some celebrations and I'm like you, its one night! I deserve it, I've lost a lot and I'm prepared to get back into SS on the Sunday. I know to avoid rice and noodles but quite frankly, I will have in moderation. This is just me and I am in no way telling you to do the same thing. I did tell my CDC and she was ok with it as its just one night.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck and enjoy yourself.

Ah see. It starts that you think...just a few hours off the plan. Just 1 meal. Then it turns into the whole night. Then you end up having breakfast and decide that it might as well be the whole day now so you'll just have what you want. Then...you find yourself out of ketosis and think feck it! eat everything!! aaaaaargh!!! Then everyone dies. The end.

Then...you find yourself out of ketosis and think feck it! eat everything!! aaaaaargh!!! Then everyone dies. The end.

LOL!!
I have had plenty of planned days off and have been able to get back on the wagon....my advice is go girl, have fun, forget CD for a few hours and be prepared to get back to it the next day!! Life is too short.......

If you want to, and you're sure that you will be able to get straight back on the wagon then my advice is:

Stick with chicken/prawns for proteine and veg stir fry stuff.

Have enough to satisfy yourself, and remember you're there for the conversation.... NOT the food!

Hi most chinese will do fish - our local chinese does steamed fish. And go with the veg, particulary pak choi which is low in carbs. Enjoy the natter and have a good time with your buddies. Tx

I agree, we all know it would be better to not eat but I am of the thought you also have to live your life. It's about your priorities. I have had many nights off whilst on SS for social events since the first 3 to 4 weeks and have managed to consistently lose 10lbs - 12lbs a month doing this!

If you avoid alcohol with eating and go for prawns or chicken dishes and veg and NO rice, prawn crackers, noodles etc and straight back onto packs the following day it should be fine.

So good luck with making healthly choices and have a wonderful evening!
xx

honestly girls, its just the one night, i will be back on it the following morning,

I'm sure there are many of us here (me included) who will testify that this is a great idea in theory, but in practice is a totally different matter.

Its sooooooo hard not to eat the next day. If you can do it then wonderful, but..........

It sounds like you've made up your mind anyway, so perhaps have a chicken breast salad, you'll be okay with that.

Wow what alot of different opinions!
Well I have made my mind up, i'm going and i'll drink water, i'll eat fish or chicken and veg, will do my very best to avoid my favourite chow mein and absolutely definately get back on the shakes first thing Thursday morning! I will have 3 1/2 weeks then to continue until my holiday in Tenerife so will have to be extra good until then!
Thank you all for your comments, they really have helped. x

Now, I'm not suggesting anyone else do this, but this is what I did the last time that I SS'd successfully, I used AAM week to literally Add A meal! Be it Indian, Chinese, steak, whatever!

Because I was so in the zone (and we all know that this diet is 80% mental and 20% food!) it, honestly was never a problem to get back on the wagon.

However if you are anything less than positively evangelical about the diet, it may become one!

I think you've made your mind up to be off the plan for one evening, and you know you've made up your mind that you are going to be sensible and steer clear of the chow mein, so go for it - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I believe that you'll stick to your word and you'll be back on CD the next morning.

If i've made a decision to be off plan for the evening, it makes me more determined than ever to get back on it the next day. Taking one evening off has never turned into a 3 day binge for me.

Have a lovely evening, you (we all) deserve a reward sometimes!!

Lynne
x

ask them to specially make you a PLAIN chicken stir fry with freen veg! Your paying....you tell when what you want hun!

Just stay away from the carbs...

Now on the other hand, if you WANT to eat everything in sight, then feel free....and expect a gain on the scales! the diet is about you losing weight, but also about balance and learning that there are repercusions (sp) to what you eat! If you can accept the gain and the first 3 days again, then you do what you need to hun!

xx

Back