Chips from a pub restaurant- I can't weigh them

frankied

Silver Member
I can't weigh them in a restaurant, I wanted to know how syns in average size restaurant size portion of chips as part of meal (planning on plain chicken breast alongside) - pub meal

yeah, its the only chain i know that fries their potatoes. i tend to get the 5 bean chilli with rice (4.5 on a green day) if i have to eat there.

Usually pubs offer roasting vegetables and potatoes, maybe a swap like tinned tomatoes suggested and add a side salad. Its better to assume that the chips even a small portion will be over your syns for the day.

if its a weatherspoons, they are more than likely to fry the jacket potatoes. Just a hint :)

This is a ridiculous rumour and is totally untrue, a case of chinese whispers gone way out of hand. Wetherspoons or any restaurant for that matter do not fry their jacket potatoes.

My partner worked in wetherspoons kitchens and they do not fry jackets. They.use a mealstream which is a very fast cooking oven.

This is a ridiculous rumour and is totally untrue, a case of chinese whispers gone way out of hand. Wetherspoons or any restaurant for that matter do not fry their jacket potatoes.

Ah the one local to me was found to be frying their potatoes. Maybe it's just a special case.

was something in the local paper, but i stand corrected on the whole chain. Apologies.

I don't believe that at all, sorry.

Have you ever tried frying a jacket potato?

Trust me it isnt possible, it would either a) explode or b) would be so hard, you would break a tooth on it.

It is complete and utter rubbish.

I don't believe that at all, sorry.

Have you ever tried frying a jacket potato?

Trust me it isnt possible, it would either a) explode or b) would be so hard, you would break a tooth on it.

It is complete and utter rubbish.

As stated i stand corrected. I don't know alot more on it so will take your word for it. Prefer the 5 bean chilli to be honest :p

Thought i had good advice but guess its not correct. Will make sure its more informed next time.

Back