Chips With Everything is BACK !

First weigh-in tomorrow morning and I feel very anxious. I could not have done better really. No alcohol other than half a very small wine glass of cider, just to remind myself how much I don't like it :( Even had the will power to refuse two bottles of Sicilian Red. Made friend take them to work as I didn't trust myself to have them in the house ! I just can't risk failing again. Hey Ho. xx

Blimey Oh Riley. First weigh in. Have lost 11½lbs in a week. I felt so nervous last night. I knew I had done well, but needed to see a result. I know people tend to lose big first week then slow down. This week I have eaten well, i.e. 3 meals a day and treats including my own recipe Bombay Mix which is a winner :p I have not felt hungry or deprived. The only thing I have gone without is alcohol. I honestly felt better within days. Had an on-line shop delivered yesterday of all the right things, so geared up for this week. Wish me luck xx

Well done Chips! Fantastic loss!

Thanks so much Ch3rrie. I had to check 3 times on scales and fingers to make sure :eek: Do you know how to get loss and new weight to show on Ticker. It has updated on sig and BMI on ticker but still showing 155 to go, not 11lb loss 144lb to go. Any ideas ? xx

Thanks Susie. I was a bit gob smacked myself. Thought the only way to lose that amount so quickly was to have an appendage amputated ! :eek: Chips x

wow chips thats really brill wow wot a result you go for it xx :talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017:

Had a super tasty, ever so simple lunch. Did my cutting 2 slices of seedy bread into 2 circles, so losing crusts and a bit :rolleyes:. Toast bread, while Slicing 3 large organic Chestnut mushrooms. Heat pan, put teaspoon of Flora Cuisine into hot pan, add mushrooms, give them a shake, add couple of dashes of light soya sauce and about a dessert spoon of Big Tom which I talk about on another thread, but is hot, spicy tomato juice, (actually meant to be a Bloody Mary mix but lovely to drink chilled with ice, lemon and a stick of celery). Just before putting on toast circles (no spread needed) add heaped teaspoon of low fat creme frais, give it a stir and Voila ! Lovely creamy, spicy mushrooms on seedy toast rounds. Takes minutes.

Warning - if you eat the crusts and offcuts they DO count as points :cool: and Big Tom is hot stuff !

chips that sounds nice

chips that sounds nice

Hi Chezz. It was so nice I had it for Breakfast ! :p Watch out for points / cals in seedy bread. Warburtons 5 seeded is 2½ old WW points a slice ! so cutting off crusts plus a bit more makes sense. Won't buy it again. Dreadful chemical smell when I opened the bag. Look out for Burgen bread. Wonderful stuff. They do three sorts and all lovely whether for a sandwich or toasted. Keeps well and freezes well.

oh the burgen bread yes i love the poppy seed one i know what you mean about the other breads with the chemical smells that's why i stopped eating it have it now and again but always that one i have warbuton wraps or thins are crumpets now but im going to try that you made sounds amazing

Hi linzmain. Any seeded bread is higher than ordinary sliced, but is so much more satisfying, I find. Burgen do 3 types, Soya and linseed which sounds hidious but is lovely, sunflower and chia and buckwheat & poppy. Last one is 109 cal, 0.3 sat fat, so 1½ old points per slice, other 2 are closer to 2. Particularly nice for open sandwiches or toasted. I am not on commission, honestly :eek:

Paramedic sat on the foot of my bed last night

Fun and games. Felt poorly most of the day, but in evening, terrible pain and difficulty breathing. Rang NHS Direct Wales, who were brilliant. Wanted to send ambulance and paramedic round to check me out. Refused initially as I have a little old rescue doggie and just wasn't prepared. They made me promise to make a few calls then dial 999. Didn't intend to, but had to in the end.

Kelvin the paramedic was here in minutes and was wonderful. Gave me ECG and loads of checks. Wanted me to go to hospital, but I just couldn't. I am agoraphobic so leaving the house under normal circumstances is awful. Will see how I go today and over the weekend. Need time to wash my nighties ! :( Said I had high temperature and rapid heart beat. Well no surprise there. It has been a long time since a handsome man sat at the foot of my bed :rolleyes: 11 out of ten for NHS Direct Wales and Welsh Ambulance Service

hi chip

how are you today love? hope your feeling alot better x x x

Hi chezz, Still have chest pain but not now feeling nauseous. I think I'll live, at least for 2nd weigh in on Tuesday ! :eek: xx

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. Told a Scouse friend, "Everywhere I touch it hurts" to which he replied, "Maybe you've broken your finger" :cool: xxx

Thanks Emm xx

Already starting to feel anxious about Week 2 Weigh in on Tuesday :eek: I have again been positively Angelic :angel09:but this time (and there have been many before) I must succeed. Health is a huge concern for everyone and some of my problems are self inflicted and weight related.
If I have a big weight loss after my 11½ lbs first week I will start to think I have a wasting disease :confused: Now how’s that for negative thinking Only joking. I have been good. Roll on Tuesday.

Back