Chips With Everything is BACK !

So pleased to hear there are sensible considerate cat owners out there. :kitty: Well done you lot. chips xx

well done on your 2lbs lost chips

A recommendation from chips :cool: you will need to decide how they would fit into your eating plan, but I have just tried ASDA reduced calorie range of ready meals. Microwave from frozen in 8-10 mins. Delicious. IMHO so much nicer, larger portions + fewer (old/vintage) points than WW meals. Added extra veggies / salad and had Roast Aubergine Moussaka, Chicken in White Wine with Spagetti and King Prawn Linguine check web site for nutrition info but all below 400 calories and lovely. Prawn Linguine 290 cal/1.8g sat fat = just under 5 old points. Am about to do on-line order for lots along with Almond Milk which is wonderful stuff. Friend bought me Alpro instead of Diamond Breeze and it is also lovely. Think it is 28 cal for 200ml. Have a good day chips xx

Oh how weird, I was thinking of doing an Asda shop just this morning (from work, as I am still sans laptop at home :cry:)

Those meals sound lovely, I'll go and check them out. I'm trying to cook everything from scratch but some days I just wish I could reach for a ready meal.

I also bought some Diamond Breeze almond milk on your recommendation, hun, will try it with my bran flakes and yogurt tomorrow :)

Meals are almost big enough to split over 2 days if you have veg or salad. I have a big appetite, and they are filling. Always chose Tesco or Sainsburys for on-line shop, with ASDA running third for cans and cupboard stuff, but I am starting to prefer it, not for everything, but bought a fresh trout fillet with lemon pepper butter and a prepared trout with spinach and ricotta. Both super fresh and delicious. Not sure of calories, maybe on web site. Good enough to serve at a posh dinner party. Hey Ho, those were the days.
:candledinner:

Just had one slice of Burgen seedy bread, toasted, spread with a desertspoon of reduced fat houmas, topped with dry fried tinned tomatoey toms with tip of a teaspoonful of Nandos hot sauce + thin slice of ham added, then topped with 2 sliced black olives and a walnut sized piece of reduced fat feta. Blooming Marvellous :p chips xx

Those ready made meals sound v nice. It is easy to have some of those in your house, you never know when you need aquick meal.

feta cheese oh i love it

Doctor's surgery just phoned and cancelled my appointment tomorrow as my doc is off sick :confused: tried to push me to see another who no-one ever wants to see. He is a nightmare. when I said "I think I would rather see Dr Harold Shipman than see him" I think she got the message :eek: so now going Monday if mine is back. Fingers crossed. I am still struggling. Hey Ho. chips xx

Doctor's surgery just phoned and cancelled my appointment tomorrow as my doc is off sick :confused: tried to push me to see another who no-one ever wants to see. He is a nightmare. when I said "I think I would rather see Dr Harold Shipman than see him" I think she got the message :eek: so now going Monday if mine is back. Fingers crossed. I am still struggling. Hey Ho. chips xx

Sorry your appointment was cancelled but I am really laughing my head off with that Harold Shipman comment. Thats hilarious. I must use that sometime x

Gosh that thread is fabulous hahah

Good luck with the doc hon, and the weightloss. How was your day?

x

ha ha chips that thread is ace your a star you always put a smile on my face

Morning all :) Still being very good and not finding it too difficult. As I said elsewhere, I seem to have finally flicked the "I'm going to start Healthy Eating switch" as opposed to the "I'm on a Diet and can Never Ever have Anything Nice ever again" switch. It feels different this time. I know for my health, I must succeed or I will be "brown bread" which for my overseas friend(s) - :cool: Morning Lostris - is cockney rhyming slang for Dead!

So you know the feeling, positive thoughts and energy flowing and then ......... :eek: niggly little doubts start to creep in. I liken it to a woodpecker pecking at my head, or hearing two voices .....

OK, for all those feeling a little disturbed at this point, and that chips is nuts, I am sane, I think.:cool: At least I keep telling my psychiatrist I am :psiholog: Only joking, but one voice is repeatedly saying "You can do this" the other is saying "You've failed so many times before". The thoughts keep bobbing to the surface like an apple in a barrel. I just need to keep telling myself, this time, it will be different, because it has to be.

Have a good day & weekend all. Don't the weeks go quickly? Week 4 weigh-in on Tuesday. :scale: chips xx

Morning all :) Still being very good and not finding it too difficult. As I said elsewhere, I seem to have finally flicked the "I'm going to start Healthy Eating switch" as opposed to the "I'm on a Diet and can Never Ever have Anything Nice ever again" switch. It feels different this time. I know for my health, I must succeed or I will be "brown bread" which for my overseas friend(s) - :cool: Morning Lostris - is cockney rhyming slang for Dead!

So you know the feeling, positive thoughts and energy flowing and then ......... :eek: niggly little doubts start to creep in. I liken it to a woodpecker pecking at my head, or hearing two voices .....

OK, for all those feeling a little disturbed at this point, and that chips is nuts, I am sane, I think.:cool: At least I keep telling my psychiatrist I am :psiholog: Only joking, but one voice is repeatedly saying "You can do this" the other is saying "You've failed so many times before". The thoughts keep bobbing to the surface like an apple in a barrel. I just need to keep telling myself, this time, it will be different, because it has to be.

Have a good day & weekend all. Don't the weeks go quickly? Week 4 weigh-in on Tuesday. :scale: chips xx

Chips I know what you mean about the healthy eating switch, I've tried to DIET for years unsuccessfully and here I am 5years later and still no further forward! UNTILL this little bell went off in my head 'ding ding' and a light came on, it's not about eating rabbit food and depriving myself of goodies, it's about eating sensibly with a little exercise! I'm 27 and if I carry on like this I won't be around to see 37 and will also be
'brown bread' !!

I also have negative thoughts but all we have to do is keep going, we don't fail till we give up all together! And let's face it, you doing pretty fantastic!!! Xxxx

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.''

yes i agree with both off you i think with me to it was people round me go on just have one i would think go on then and that was it end of diet and more weight on but a few months ago it was like a light switch came on stopped drinking and started doing exercise hope i keep feeling like this have a good weekend xxxx

I agree with you all on the diet v healthy eating as well. I realised a lifestyle change was what was needed and to do this for the rest of my life it has to be managable. Yes I have fallen off the wagon a few times but its not the end of the world. I did a faddy diet a few years back and nearly lost 5 stone but as soon as I stopped I regained it all plus another 5 stone! So I am more realistic with my eating habits now and definatly getting better results.

I agree with you all on the diet v healthy eating as well. I realised a lifestyle change was what was needed and to do this for the rest of my life it has to be managable. Yes I have fallen off the wagon a few times but its not the end of the world. I did a faddy diet a few years back and nearly lost 5 stone but as soon as I stopped I regained it all plus another 5 stone! So I am more realistic with my eating habits now and definatly getting better results.

It is soooo hard. Skinny people think its really simple to loose weight, you just stop eating as much. Then you'll loose weight !!!!! Well it's not. Food is an addiction!! One you can't escape. If your a smoker you avoid ciggerettes, if your an alcoholic you avoid alcohol, but for us you can not avoid food. You need it to survive. Every meal is a battle that you may or may not win. Every time we go into the petrol station, newsagents or supermarket we are fighting our urges!!!!!

Hopefully all of us are going to make it and I'm there for anyone who needs help crossing the finishing line

BBK xxx

I agree that fora lot of people food is an addiction. And a lot of people do not understand that, my dad e.g. He thinks it is sooooo simple. When I have some carefully weighed easter eggs he is always like "Should you have those??". Really ticks me off when he tries to give me advice, I know what I am doing you idiot. Argh.
Sorry. Just frustrated a wee bit. Hope you are well babe xxx

Hi lostris and all :) Good News is - I have treated myself to a lovely water feature for my garden patio. Bad News is that I can't sit out there as the sound of the water makes me run to the toilet for a tinkle every few minutes :( Hey Ho. chips xx

Back