Chips With Everything is BACK !

Morning love - how's everything? xxx
Hi sooz, OK Only wailed :cry:twice this morning so far, so good start. :eek: Vet was astonished how good Daisy (Daze to her friends) is doing, but I know she's not right. Had her MOT yesterday, claws, ear drops, bum glands squeezed (now know why Americans call it fish butt .... ) :whistle: boosters, kennel cough vaccine and flea/worm drops on her neck. Hate those. Always seem to make her poorly. When you think what must be in them to absorb something through the skin strong enough to kill nasties inside and out. Anyway, she's sleeping a lot and I'm taking every day as it comes.
Here she is, the love of my life ... chips xx

daze_pad__best.JPG

Oh well done for keeping it together today, hun, it can't have been easy watching your lovely girl get the full service!

Daze looks gorgeous - and with a twinkle in her eye that hints at some mischief making :D

I know what you mean about the flea drops - but it's the lesser of two evils, eh...I hate giving Orbs her flea treatment, but changed to Droncit recently, it seemed less harmful than the others.

I used to think if you cut crusts off bread, then ate them, you didn't need to count them in your eating plan .....

i like your thinking chips, if only that we're the case, I'd be cutting bits and bobs off of all my food *sigh*
well done on fitting in your dress, I love the feeling of fitting in old clothes that used to be too small!

i like your thinking chips, if only that we're the case, I'd be cutting bits and bobs off of all my food *sigh*
well done on fitting in your dress, I love the feeling of fitting in old clothes that used to be too small!
Hi amy :)welcome. I suspect like most of us, I have got so many clothes going back decades and covering so many sizes. I admit I am unlikely to fit into my 60s psychedelic size 10 sari I wore while hitchhiking to Morocco in my bare feet in 1969, but I’d look a right idiot in it anyway browsing ASDA’s frozen veg, even if I ever got out ! be good chips

Morning all chipsters. Windy, wet and cold here in North Wales. Watching young starlings & sparrows having a bath is cheering me up. Need to move fat ball feeders. They're hanging from gazebo over patio and late last night when Daisy the Dog went out for a pee, there must have been nearly 100 huge slugs where bits had fallen. I still feel sick thinking about it. There, bet that's put you off your Full English ! :ashamed0005: I scooped them up on a snow shovel and lobbed them over the hedge. Then felt guilty. Hey Ho.

Tonight looking forward to either a fresh salmon or tuna fillet with asparagus and new baby spuds. Just had a boiled egg in a cheerful little egg cup with toasted "soldiers" on a pretty plate and plan on home made chunky veg soup for lunch. Hopefully another good day as Tuesday weigh in is looming :eek: Wishing you all a nice weekend. Be good. chips xx

About to light a fire. So cold :winter_brr: British Summertime hey. Feel like cutting my wrists ...... Not really. I'm Chirpy Chips despite the cold, gale force wind flattening my lupins, foxgloves, hollyhocks and iris. Just do hope there's something good on TV or I will be back on the booze .....:party0036:

Hi babes - it's freezing here too! :( I'm going to bed with a book soon! xx

My eyes are terrible ! I really should have gone to Specsavers. Made mistake of trying a smaller independent. Hopeless. Switching back to old glasses until I get them sorted. Thought you said going to bed for a bonk ! That'll burn off a few calories, I thought :rolleyes:

lol lol oh chips you do make me giggle

I've found you!!!

How inspiring you are Chips - I'm just so impressed with how well you're doing and how steadily too. And your style of writing? You could easily write a book that everyone would want to read!

I'm off to buy some almond milk tomorrow (!) and it's my first WI as well so I'm feeling scared..

Speak soon,

Hi Linz, Flattered you might ask me for advice :eek: I have never known my birds go after herbs. You might see them possibly on some plants, but they are usually after pesky aphids and white flies. I would either buy a starter pack from say RSPB or Ark website. But deffo invest in a seed feeder, fat ball feeder (never put out in those horrible little nets which trap birds knobbly claws and kills them) and a peanut feeder, fine mesh and squirrel proof for the latter. Make sure they take apart for cleaning, base usually comes off. Hygiene is important. A cheap tip for winter if you have a tree branch is rub a pack of lard or suet onto branch and press seed into it. Only put a bit of food in feeders and ditch any which has been kicking around for a while. Never put white bread out, too many additives inc salt and goes hard and can kill them.

A bird bath, green resin ones are nice and cheap. Avoid ones with plastic birds on the side as it tends to put them off. Keep water clean. NEVER use household bleach or cleaners as it will kill them. Water is as important to birds as food, even in winter snow. Snow is wrong temperature for their bodies and is fatal. Some lovely bird tables around. Can be pricey but will last for years if given a coat of environmentally friendly preservative before the winter. Again if it is ornate and has a roof make sure you can clean the base, some have removable trays. Some birds are ground or table feeders and cannot use hanging feeders. They will get some bits which fall (CAT ALERT !!) :kitty: These include robins, blackbirds & pied wagtails in my garden. I bought a brill covered, wire meshed feeder table which hangs or sits on flat surface and protects little birds. I will try to remember where on internet it came from. Niger seed feeds are made specially for the job and will attract goldfinches. I have about 8 who visit regularly.

If cats are a problem, you need to take steps to limit damage. I have got it mostly sussed after mucho experimenties :rolleyes: Ask if you or anyone needs a few tips on how to stop our furry friends killing feathered friends. and something to remember, I am as committed to my birds as I am to my dog or my plants. I would not dream of going away and leaving them to fend for themselves. If you start feeding, you need to continue. I pay a friends daughter to come in and top up feeders and change water. They grow to rely on your feeders and in winter use valuable energy getting to them. Please those of you with a creative edge, do not use mirrors or reflective surfaces such as polished stainless steel in gardens. Birds fly into them and die or fight with their reflection and become exhausted and easy prey.

The young starlings are in the bath now, lovely to watch and essential for their feathers. Starlings are on the red alert list as numbers have dropped. Noisy but sociable things. Don't be disheartened if it takes a while for them to find Linz Diner. They will. It may be quiet around now as they go through a moult after breeding and all but vanish for a time. Let me know how you get on chips xx robin_spring_11_1.jpg

Last edited:
Being a Tuesday Weigher, just hopped on and lost 2 lbs. That's over 10% of my body weight gone in 12 weeks, so really pleased. when I started I put a realistic target weight for the last Tuesday each month in my phone calendar, and am 4lb below what I hoped for today. Already have an eye on the 30th July :trafficlight: Have a good day all. chips xx
graph25_6_13.jpg

Being a Tuesday Weigher, just hopped on and lost 2 lbs. That's over 10% of my body weight gone in 12 weeks, so really pleased. when I started I put a realistic target weight for the last Tuesday each month in my phone calendar, and am 4lb below what I hoped for today. Already have an eye on the 30th July :trafficlight: Have a good day all. chips xx
View attachment 97385
That's fantastic well done. They do say if your overweight when you hit 5-10% of your body weight off regardless of starting weight you are healthier. So not only are you doing well but your healthier! And I am sure look fab.

Back