Chips With Everything is BACK !

Fab day here. Not a cloud in the sky. Now my old dad used to say, if he had bad luck, that he must have killed a robin. Well I'm beginning to think I must have inadvertently done away with a whole flock :( First my computer started behaving like something out of The Exorcist, had to buy portable hard disk and I think new computer is on the cards, then yesterday my front door lock gave up the ghost - £168, and ongoing battle with not 1 but 4 tradesman who have let me down badly. I am fed up with paying for services and buying high priced items which are rubbish. Fridge freezer having to go back, new Chinese made Morphy Richards microwave needs changing. Not being mobile and having to rely on other to do my fetching and carrying, it is a nightmare. Everything seems faulty and Nothing seems to be built to last. Even Made in China M&S slippers new on this morning seem to have 2 left feet ! probably cheaper to make ! Hey Ho, rant over. Looking forward to having a good mainly Veggie day today. Still longing for a glass of bubbly or wine to sit out with as so sunny, (not at 8.00am but this evening) but will resist :eek: Maybe at weekend if it's still nice. Have a good day all. chips xx

Hey, Chips! You make me hungry. You really do. Your avatar even does it for me, and I'm a vegetarian! I can relate to your techno-woes. Sometimes it feels like I could have hired a dog to make some of the crap I have. My fridge is the worst fridge of its kind. It's one of those sodding freezer-box types. It doesn't fit much more than a few ice cubes and a couple jubbly pops, and it doesn't even freeze. I keep telling the beau we need a new one, but he has his heart set on a damn second-hand Xbox. Like I need something like that in my life, I want a freezer, damnit! Typical, male vs. female scale of importance...

Blimey where is everyone? So many regulars seem to have vanished. :hide: I hate it when people appear, are so enthusiastic and then don't post anymore. I can't help but wonder what happened to them. So sad if they've gone off the rails and given up even for now. I did that for so many years and here I am with big weight related medical problems. I said elsewhere I have no real recollection of climbing up through the 15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23 stone mark. I must have been in such denial and unable to face tackling it. Even when I was struggling to find underwear and even dressing gowns that fit, the thought would occasionally surface that "I really should do something about this" but I never did. I was just blocking it out. Quite surreal. A very weird memory or rather not ! No real memory at all Anyone reading this, try not to let it happen to you. Life is just too short. Be kind to yourself and each other. chips xx

Same here, chips! I put on six stone in two years. I don't know how it happened, and every stone I'd think 'I'll lose the weight', but I always just ended up putting on more!

You are so right...
I lost four stone, put it back on and then more and more anx more. I don't know where I was during that time but guess I have now taken back control. I have just put on 2.5lbs (eaten too much simple as) and its so easy to go back into hiding however thats the very time you need the support to put it behind you and move on - so far this site has kept me moving forward and long may it continue.

Hi linz, lorny & zig :p Hey you sound like a firm of dodgy solicitors ! Glad you found / re-found my thread. Confirms my theory than even when some miniminnies stop posting, and I get all worried, they're often still lurking which is fine and great. I know I've a long way to go and not being too mobile doesn't help, but if I hadn't lost the weight I have in the last few months, Boy would I be struggling even more than I am in this heat. :character00238: Could be 32 degrees today. Ouch ! That's nearly into the 90s in old money ! My big problem with good weather, is a sort of holiday mode / bingey demon starts reminding me how nice it would be to sit out with a glass or two or three or even four of wine :party0036:Only way I can cope is not to have it in the house. Doing an on-line shop later, but will resist. An old cliche, but nothing tastes as good as getting on the scales, knowing you've had a good week, and hopefully reaping the reward of seeing a loss :scale: Wishing all chipsters a sunny Sunday and a good week. chips xx

I remember the days where I'd walk around in a nice strappy top and skirt, and not worry about that bloody chafage! I have to Lanacane them bad boys right up if I'm even thinking of walking to the kitchen. I can't wear heels now either, cuz I'm just too fat for my feet to not ache after ten minutes. I used to live in heels! I have about 60 pairs, and a few designer pairs; I only wear them once in a blue moon, but end up taking them off after a couple of hours. Ah yes, those were the days!

Another 1lb gone. Hey Ho. Last night I had half a pot of Onken fat free natural yoghurt to use up. I put just a teaspoonful of Options chocolate power in it, stirred and placed carton in freezer for just half an hour. It was lovely, starting to go icy and tasted delicious. Expecting a food shop delivery later, so will do it again. This time will try :cool: to leave it longer and stir at intervals and it will be like creamy chocolate icecream. Have ordered some pomegranite seeds so may stir a few in. Also planning to freeze a few grapes as they are lovely as a refreshing treat. Be good all. Enjoy the sunshine. chips x

Yay on your loss.
Not a big fan of this weather. Even with the thyroid issue it gets to hot to rest so I am hoping it cools down soon, doesn't look like it though :(

Just tried a few of my frozen grapes, Soooooo refreshing. Might try it with slices of other fruit as an experiment :rolleyes: Can't decide tonight between a fresh Tuna, Salmon or Trout ! Daze the Rescue doggie will be happy to share any of them ! Here she is soaking up some rays ....

daze sunbeam.jpg

I remember frozen grapes being yummy! I just sucked them cuz my teeth are too sensitive. Well done on your loss though, it's all in the right direction! I had two pitchers of pimms and lemonade today. I pointed them at 16 but I really wasn't sure! The pub didn't do diet lemonade, but I'd not eaten all day to allow for it. Very very naughty indeed! I stayed in points though, providing my pitchers were actually 16 points.

Is it just me suffering, or does being so big make it so uncomfortable at night in this heat? I haven't slept a wink until about 3am, when the air gets cooler, for a few nights now. It's knackering me out, big time!

Last edited:
Is it just me suffering, or does being so big make it so uncomfortable at night in this heat? I haven't slept a wink until about 3am, when the air gets cooler, for a few nights now. It's knackering me out, big time!

I have a quiet fan, one of those that moves back and forth. I actually find the druuum, druuum noise relaxing. Also sleep under just a Satin Sheet, the fan kind of ripples and cools the sheet if that makes sense. If anyone reading this is conjuring up pictures of a glamorous Joan Collins sort of MiniMinnie I'm more Les Dawson with bosums :eek:

I think my baby sparrows are ready to leave their nesting box, if they're not too fat to fit through the hole ! Very exciting. Overshadows the Royal Baby for me :) chips

HAHA! I was thinking more of a glamourous Dawn French, actually! All the glam without the face lift.

There's a royal baby? Oh yeah, that... ;):D

I worry about the cost of electricity of those things, though I am getting to the point where I'm absolutely shattered now. I'm just tired all the time! I did end up sleeping a bit earlier last night, about 12-ish, though I'd been out all day, so I was hoping I'd sleep well.

oh i agree i cannot cope much longer with this heat do not get me wrong i do not want it to rain i just want it to thunder so we have a nice breeze and we all can work and sleep in it xxxx

Sitting here wearing my "Fat People Are Harder to Kidnap" T-shirt, thinking how did I ever not like Green Tea. Used to think it was filthy muck, but am really into it now. So refreshing. Strange how tastes change. I add a bit of lemon and cinnamon if it's the unflavoured sort. Amazing how different makes are either palatable or not. Have a stuffed trout lined up for later with rice & Mediterranean Veggies. Yum
All my baby sparrows left the nesting box this morning. I have been spraying the box with cool water all week as it was so hot. How they fitted through the hole is mind boggling. There are five of them. They look like fluffy grey grapefruit ! Straight into the birdbath. How do they know what to do? So funny to watch. I love my birdies. Tweet Tweet. chips x

Another 1lb gone. Hey Ho. Last night I had half a pot of Onken fat free natural yoghurt to use up. I put just a teaspoonful of Options chocolate power in it, stirred and placed carton in freezer for just half an hour. It was lovely, starting to go icy and tasted delicious. Expecting a food shop delivery later, so will do it again. This time will try :cool: to leave it longer and stir at intervals and it will be like creamy chocolate icecream. Have ordered some pomegranite seeds so may stir a few in. Also planning to freeze a few grapes as they are lovely as a refreshing treat. Be good all. Enjoy the sunshine. chips x

Sounds lush. I'm gonna try that being a massive ice cream fan!

I've never had green tea. I don't even have an idea what it would taste of. Grass maybe, and not the class c kind!

lol chipster your ace

Hi Chips. I have seen you around on a few posts so thought I would seek out your diary and subscribe.

Sounds lush. I'm gonna try that being a massive ice cream fan!

I HAVE JUST READ TODAY IS NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY !!!! :icecream::icecream::icecream::icecream: So now don't feel so guilty about that choc ice I ate earlier. It was medicinal honest. I was a bit hot :rolleyes: chips

Back