Chloe's Crusade to Slim

Just caught up with your posts Chloe. Congratulations on your losses so far and on making good choices when eating out.

Get your picture posted. When I'm a 14 you won't be able to stop me showing the world, so go for it girl....... :D

Oh go on show us the dress...like capricorn said you can always chop your head off! Be proud and show off :)
Food looks yummy, going for food with my OH on tuesday and I've already looked countless times at the menu to see what I can have. It really annoys him when I do that but I'm very indecisive so I think it would annoy him more if I sat there for an hour at the table thinking what to have :) x

Thank you for the encouragement ladies, I think I'll pop it up here later on so you can see a 'before' and 'in progress' comparison! It's so nice to hear such friendly advice and support - it's what makes these boards so wonderful, so thank you for that :) x

LeeLea you are completely right, it's so much better to be prepared, that way you don't feel rushed and flustered into choosing! Let me know what you opt for, I love seeing how everyone else copes when eating out!

Afternoon Slimming Beauties!

How are we back at Monday again?! Mondays always scare me how quickly they come round because tomorrow is weigh-in! I MUST be 100% perfect today and tomorrow to make sure I get a loss this week! For lunch I'm tucking into a mugshot (thai noodles) which is much nicer than the pasta one I tried. It's great 'on-the-go' food for when I'm busy at work:

mugshot.jpg

So.....after some lovely encouraging comments on here I am taking the plunge and will post a 'before' and 'in process' picture - the latter being the first size 14 dress I have ever been able to fit in to!

This was me Christmas 2009 at my work's Christmas do (needless to say I am not the svelte blonde - that's my friend Amy!). Here I am at my heaviest, before I decided to do something about it:

cloamy.jpg

And here I am - approximately half way through my weight-loss journey, just over 2 stone lighter and in my first ever size 14 dress! Please forgive the 'posey-ness' of this picture, it's hard to not pose when you are taking the pic yourself :p

medress.jpg

Even looking at those pictures does make me cringe a little, but it's so great to see how far I've come and it's all thanks to Slimming World and the support from everyone else on the same journey!

I'll try to write again this evening folks, happy Mondays!

Cx

Oooh Claire you look lovely! That dress is gorgeous! :) we're not going out for a meal now we're going to a bbq which will hopefully be a lot healthier. It's at an allotment the my OH did some volunteering at so I'm hoping there will be lots of yummy fruit and veg. Little upset we're not going for dinner though because my OHs going to Bulgaria on a football tour so won't see him for a couple of weeks but nevermind, should still be fun. Have a good day lovely :)

:wow:ClowBow

You look stunning -If I had your figure I would be running up n down the street shrieking like a loony :bliss:
Can I ask how tall you are? I can't see where you have an extra 2st to spare :clap:
Keep up the great work -you are doing brill :happy096:

Oooh Claire you look lovely! That dress is gorgeous! :) we're not going out for a meal now we're going to a bbq which will hopefully be a lot healthier. It's at an allotment the my OH did some volunteering at so I'm hoping there will be lots of yummy fruit and veg. Little upset we're not going for dinner though because my OHs going to Bulgaria on a football tour so won't see him for a couple of weeks but nevermind, should still be fun. Have a good day lovely :)

Oh no! That would have been so great to go for dinner the two of you before he goes! Just think though, this way you should be able to eat even more healthily and you can fit in loads of things whilst he's away (extra body magic!) to make the time go more quickly :)

:wow:ClowBow

You look stunning -If I had your figure I would be running up n down the street shrieking like a loony :bliss:
Can I ask how tall you are? I can't see where you have an extra 2st to spare :clap:
Keep up the great work -you are doing brill :happy096:

Aww Capricorn thank you :) You've actually made my day now! :D

I'm 5'4" so a bit of a shorty! My ideal weight according to the SW bible is 8.5 stones - 9.5 stones so I'm aiming for the middle at a round 9stone which is still over 2 to go!

I'll feel more confident now when I hit the wedding on Saturday after you ladies have made me feel so much better, thank you!

Clo x

Aww Capricorn thank you :) You've actually made my day now! :D

I'm 5'4" so a bit of a shorty! My ideal weight according to the SW bible is 8.5 stones - 9.5 stones so I'm aiming for the middle at a round 9stone which is still over 2 to go!
I'll feel more confident now when I hit the wedding on Saturday after you ladies have made me feel so much better, thank you!

Clo x

Well you have just made my day too -as Im only 5ft5" -so if I can look like you when Im about 11st I will be chuffed to little mint balls :bliss: -my initial target is 10st -but Im planning on moving that depending if I think I need to stop or lose more once I get close....
On Sunday I hope to hear tales of you boogying around the dance floor all night at that wedding and strutting your stuff... you will look great -have a brilliant time..

Well you have just made my day too -as Im only 5ft5" -so if I can look like you when Im about 11st I will be chuffed to little mint balls :bliss: -my initial target is 10st -but Im planning on moving that depending if I think I need to stop or lose more once I get close....
On Sunday I hope to hear tales of you boogying around the dance floor all night at that wedding and strutting your stuff... you will look great -have a brilliant time..

Ah I'm sure you'll be even more amazing - that's me at 11st 9lbs so 11st would be even more fabulous! :)

That's a good plan - I was thinking of doing something similar - o kind of see what's what when I get to 10st and see how it is. I'd hate to loose my curves so I wouldn't to push it too far - your plan is a sensible one lady! xx

Evening all!

Just a very quick one to pop in and update you on the swim situation.

I managed to do 30 lengths (same as last time) but in just half an hour, which is 10 minutes less than last time! Woo!!!

I'm an absolute phobic when it comes to exercise - I just don't enjoy it in the slightest. I was chatting to a lady at my group and she was saying that she felt exactly the same but she found swimming easier with music. This idea intrigued me (as I'm not quite as privilaged as this lady to have my own pool!) so I started investigating. I discovered that you can buy waterproof pouches that hold your ipod (including waterproof earphones) for £9.99 on ebay!

So now I put my earphones in, whack on some power tunes and plough through - then I've done the 30 lengths before I know it! If anyone wants to know where I got the pouch from I can post the link :)

Anyhoos - I'm signing off for the night as I've got a hot bath with some more Harry Potter to tend to.

Nun-night beauties,

Cx

Hi Chloe

Well done on being brave and posting your picture. The dress looks lovely on you :D

Like Capricorn my goal was 10 stone but seeing your picture makes me think 11 may be a more realistic target for me. I'm 5' 6" so not much taller than you and if you look that good at 11 st 9 it gives me hope that I will do the same. Thanks hun x

Lovely pic and dress! you must be feeling super :)

I'm 5ft 6 and I was thinking of 11st goal but just set it to 10st 7. I agree that curves are nice :)

Ooh listening to music while you swim?? That is genius!

I'm the same height as you :) I can't imagine being 8.5stone. Eeeek! I'm also going to take it slow and find a good middle ground. I said to my bf yesterday that after I've lost loads of weight what happens if I don't look like me anymore and don't like my body :/ It's a scary thought. I don't want to slim down too much just because that's supposed to be my healthy weight. I'd lose my boobs and bum :(
I'm setting my self mini targets or I'll get overwhelmed with the scale of it and probably give up! My first is to get to 12stone and then just take it a stone at a time 'til I'm happy!

Plans for tonight have changed AGAIN! It's dinner for 2 again at a new resturant down the road...already checked the menu out and it looks pretty good. Will try and take a photo for you to see what I've had as you've shown us your yummy food so I think it's only fair I share too :D
Sorry for the rambling on your thread lovely, can't help myself! I'm off to find something to wear for tonight :/ Have a good day

Ooh listening to music while you swim?? That is genius!

I'm the same height as you :) I can't imagine being 8.5stone. Eeeek! I'm also going to take it slow and find a good middle ground. I said to my bf yesterday that after I've lost loads of weight what happens if I don't look like me anymore and don't like my body :/ It's a scary thought. I don't want to slim down too much just because that's supposed to be my healthy weight. I'd lose my boobs and bum :(
I'm setting my self mini targets or I'll get overwhelmed with the scale of it and probably give up! My first is to get to 12stone and then just take it a stone at a time 'til I'm happy!

Plans for tonight have changed AGAIN! It's dinner for 2 again at a new resturant down the road...already checked the menu out and it looks pretty good. Will try and take a photo for you to see what I've had as you've shown us your yummy food so I think it's only fair I share too :D
Sorry for the rambling on your thread lovely, can't help myself! I'm off to find something to wear for tonight :/ Have a good day

Hey Lovely! So brill to see you back – I love your ramblings on here so keep them up :D

I know what you mean about 8.5stone, I can’t ever imagine being that light! I agree, we need to keep our boobs and bums (otherwise I’m sure the other halves would have something to say!) – it’s all about getting to where we feel comfortable and happy with ourselves.

Ooh I do mini-targets too! You’re totally right it makes it so much more manageable and it keeps yoiu motivated rather than completely overwhelmed by the whole thing! For example, my mini-goal this week is to loose 2lbs. I always aim for 1lbs per week but I’ve done lots of body magic so I upped it to 2lbs, then we’ll see what I aim for next week! It really is the best idea so just stick with it sweetness and you’ll get there!

Haha – I can’t believe the plans have changed again! I hope it’s yummy as you haven’t tried it before and massive well done on being organised and checking out the menu beforehand! Definately take piccys, I want to see!

Have a fabulous evening and make the most of your night with your fella before he jets off for a couple of weeks (oh and keep your fingers crossed for all us Tuesday weigh-ins tonight!).

I’ll try and post again (good or bad) after weigh in at about 8-9pm,

Cx

Hi Chloe

Well done on being brave and posting your picture. The dress looks lovely on you :D

Like Capricorn my goal was 10 stone but seeing your picture makes me think 11 may be a more realistic target for me. I'm 5' 6" so not much taller than you and if you look that good at 11 st 9 it gives me hope that I will do the same. Thanks hun x

Hi Judy!

Thank you so much for your lovely comments :p

You'll look amazing I have no doubt about it - just keep up the hard work and it will all pay off in the end!

Cx

Fingers and toes crossed for tonights weigh in then, but I doubt you'll need it. That 2lbs is as good as gone!
Can't find anything to wear and the one dress I like shows my legs off a bit which I don't like :/ since there's no one home I've had to send a photo to my friend to get her advice. Haha what are we girls like?! Men just have no idea!
I'll try and take a stealthy photo of my food then without drawing too much attention to myself :)
Will come on later to congratulate you on your brilliant weeks loss :p

Evening Lovelies!

So....just had my weigh in this evening.

I've lost 4 pounds!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

I have absolutely no idea how I have managed this with 3 meals out over the weekend, but I am chuffed to bits! I literally danced the funky chicken out of group this evening :p

This means I have:

a) Lost a total of 33lbs in 18 weeks - which is exactly half of my total target weight loss.

b) Only got 2lbs to go until I get my 2.5 stone award - which has nicely set my target for next week!

The cherry on the cake was also that I was Slimmer of the Week so have come home with a big bag of fruit:

slimmerofweekfruit.jpg

I shall definately be hitting the pool again this week - I'm determined to get that shiny sticker next week!

Also, I'm going to a presentation on Sunday to find out about becoming a consultant - see if I have what it takes. I may be asking you local lovelies to come join my group soon :)

I'll sign off now, but here's to a mega-motivated start to the week!

P.S - LeeLea I'm still expecting photos of you evening! What did you wear in the end?

C x

Well done on the great loss :woohoo:..
Keep up the brilliant work -and don't foget to dance your socks off on Saturday ;)

Back