Chloe's Crusade to Slim

Thank you ladies! I will indeed be dancing my socks off - it's all body magic right?! x

Yay! Well done that's amazing :D really happy for you! And SOTW too!!

Well last night was eventful! In the end I wore a dress and a cream blazer...had my legs out and everything! Well we got to the pub and went quite early as they had a deal on and I love a bargain. We were shown to our table and the waiter went to get our drink and when he came back....WHOOOOSH! He dropped the cokes ( a full fat and a diet) all over us. The majority went all over my boyfriend ( on his new fred perry top I bought him) and the rest all over my cream blazer and dress :/ The staff were so lovely and apologetic though we couldn't really complain. I had planned on salmon but they didn't have any left so I had pork with mash and greens and it was the best I've ever tasted. My boyfriend had fish and chips which came in some posh newspaper on the plate :) Then For pudding I was a bit naughty and had creme brule and it was to die for. Not very sw friendly but there's no point denying myself :) Unfortunately I didn't manage to take photos as there were so many staff around us I thought they may think I was crazy...well that and the fact it looked so good I'd eaten half of it before I remembered :) Had a nice evening though.
Just looking at what I can do at the gym next week..want to cram loads of body magic in while the boys away and wow him with my losses next week. Where did you get the waterproof ipod stuff from? May have to look into that :)

Morning All,

Apologies for the lack of writing yesterday - my feet literally didn't hit the floor all day! Work was crazy busy and I had two friends over for dinner last night so I didn't have time to update here :(

I cooked up the SW Chilli con Carne again (as a result of wanting to do something easy, tasty and not expensive!) and it went down a storm! Granted the other two girlies had grated cheese, sour cream and nachos with theirs, but mine was tasty without all of that! They couldn't believe that the chilli was totally syn free and one of them even took the recipe home with her.

Tonight I am desperately going to try and fit in a swim, I must get that 2.5 stone award next week I'll be gutted if I don't! I'm getting my nails done at 6pm though so it will be a case of a late evening swim, I hope my motivation doesn't wane...

At the request of my other half this evening we are going to attempt the SW Beef Goulash recipe - I'll try and photograph the process and final outcome for you all - along with our verdict!

Leelea I'm so glad you had a good evening - despite being soaked in coke! Fab news that your food was yummy too (even without photos - I know what you mean about looking mental in restaurants :) ) it's so good when you've chosen wisely and you enjoy what you've eaten! Also, very jealous of the creme brulee - that's one of my favourites too!

Right-ho lovelies, must crack on with some work but I'll update you on this evenings events later on!

Cx

Well I'm taking a leaf out of your book Chloe. Am going to go for an early morning swim tomorrow and maybe tuesday next week too. Have booked to play badminton on sunday and boxercise on tuesday so I can get a good lose next week. We're going camping in 3 weeks and want to have lost a stone by then so I'm going to give it my all :)
Glad you had a good evening, I love cooking people sw recipes, they never believe it's 'diet' food :)
Well I've got my weigh in tonight and a little unsure after than creme brulee but we'll see...will pop on later and let you know how I do :)

Well I'm taking a leaf out of your book Chloe. Am going to go for an early morning swim tomorrow and maybe tuesday next week too. Have booked to play badminton on sunday and boxercise on tuesday so I can get a good lose next week. We're going camping in 3 weeks and want to have lost a stone by then so I'm going to give it my all :)
Glad you had a good evening, I love cooking people sw recipes, they never believe it's 'diet' food :)
Well I've got my weigh in tonight and a little unsure after than creme brulee but we'll see...will pop on later and let you know how I do :)

Wowzers check you Missy with all that exercise planned in! You'll definitely hit the stone mark at that rate - great stuff! Fingers crossed for your weigh in tonight (I'm sure the creme brulee won't have done too much damage!) - let us know how you get on! xx

Morning Campers!

Thought I'd swing by and give a little update on my day yesterday and plans for today.

Yesterday I managed to avoid what can only be described as a "minefield of naughty" at work! One of my colleagues went off on maternity leave so we had:

- Home made chocolate crispy cakes
- Home made chocolate flake cake
- Yum Yums
- Several packets of assorted gooey cookies
- Percy Pigs
- Marks and Spencers Chocolatey Bites
- Honeycomb peices

and several other options that I can't remember...

Here's a pic of some of the selection:

NaughtyMinefield.jpg

I managed to avoid the whole lot (with the exception of 2 Percy Pigs!) which was so difficult, but I just kept the image of my 2.5 stone shiny sticker in my head!

When I got home we made another Slimming World recipe (One Pot Wonders book) for Goulash. Oh, my, lord it was amazing! One of the tastiest things I've had in a long time, and totally syn free! I would definitely recommend it to anyone, plus it's so easy to make!

After dinner I still wanted to go for a swim, but by 8pm my motivation wass waning a little, so my wonderful boyfriend said he'd come with me, which made it much easier to go! I did another 30 lengths (which works out as about half a mile) and he completely out-swam me by doing about 45 in the same time :D. Still, I went, I did it, that's another session ticked off the list.

Tonight we're off to my boyfriends Grandparents place for dinner, but they usually cook quite healthily so I don't see any potential issue with staying on plan. I'm also hoping to get a swim in tomorrow morning before I go to the wedding (for which I'm driving so easy to decline the drink!) just to make sure I'm doing as much as I can!

I'll try and take some snaps of this evenings selection and update later with how it's all gone.

I will, I will, shift these 2lbs this week!!!!

Smooches,

Cx

Lost 2lbs at weigh in last night :D really suprised actually!
Just been shopping and bought losts of yummy slimming world friendly stuff to help me this week. Have you tried the fibre plus bars? They're so yummy :)
How are you today anyway lovely?

Lost 2lbs at weigh in last night :D really suprised actually!
Just been shopping and bought losts of yummy slimming world friendly stuff to help me this week. Have you tried the fibre plus bars? They're so yummy :)
How are you today anyway lovely?

YAAAAAY! That's fantastic well done!! Bet you're dead chuffed :D

I'm quite sad I like the big shops where you can stock up on lots of SW friendly things, it's so much harder when there's not a lot of food in the house to choose from.

Tell me more about these fibre bars - which ones are they? I tend to stick to the Alpen Light chocolate and fudge ones as they feel like a treat :p

All is well in Clo Camp today thanks sweetie! It's pay day so at work we're all headed to the pub (I think I'm going to have that steak slaw' salad again) which is exciting!

How's your Friday treating you treacle? xxx

Thanks hun :) very happy, hoping I can get my stone shiny in the next couple of weeks.
Snap, pay day for me too today :) And I'm also going to the pub for lunch, not sure what to have yet though.
I usually have the choc/fudge alpens too but thought I would try these because everyones been banging on about them...they are chocotastic and you can one for a healthy extra B which is good because I sometimes forget to eat the other alpen bar. They're just called fibre plus bars by kelloggs. Also got 12 mullerlights for £3 and the women said 'what do you want that many yogurts for!' haha might have been a bit excessive but nevermind :) x

Afternoon All,

Firstly, super sorry I haven't updated since Friday (I somehow don't know where the last 3 days have vanished too!) :confused:

But...I'm here now! So here's how my weekend went:

Saturday
Saturday during the day was spent shopping in Milton Keynes, which I tell myself is exercise! I know I shouldn't complain about it but I'm finding my clothing situation stressful at the moment and I get really worked up about it. None of my old clothes stay up on me anymore and are really unflattering (which don't get me wrong, is great!) but I don't want to have to keep buying clothes which aren't going to fit me in another 3 months. I don't have that much money to spend on luxuries like a new wardrobe so it really gets me down sometimes! My boyfriend keeps telling me to just keep thinking of the end goal, which I do, but it doesn't help when I'm hoiking my jeans up every 3 steps!

Saturday night was the wedding, which was really lovely! :love047: I felt great in my new dress and lots of people commented - even though most of the comments were about how my dress perfectly matched the colour scheme! Haha! :p I was on diet coke all evening and the only nibbles I had from the evening buffet were cherry tomatoes and grapes (oh and one, single, solitary bite size pizza) so all in all a great evening! Lots of dancing too so I'm counting that as a bit of exercise :D

Sunday
I did absolutely nothing Sunday morning - this was spent sleeping :zz: after getting into bed at nearly 4am the night before, so no food/drink consumed and no exercise done.

Sunday afternoon I spent spring cleaning the cottage, which definately worked up a sweat as it hadn't been done for a few weeks!

Sunday evening we went to visit my grandparents and they really pulled out the stops as a surprise treat for us! My Granddad had ordered in lobster with their fish delivery (they own a pub/restaurant) and Nan had done the rest - here's my feast (and all totally syn free!):

lobster1.jpg

lobster2.jpg

lobster3.jpg

Monday
Yesterday was fairly standard, back to work - busy as usual. I was absolutely shattered (a 4.45am wake up call will do that to you) so I didn't have much of an appetite all day. I picked at fruit and had a mugshot but that was it until I got home.

In the evening we went out with friends to a special tasting night at a local restaurant. It was £14.90 for 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts. The portion sizes are all much smaller obviously, but it's so that you can try different dishes! Our two friends and my boyfriend has this menu, but as most of it was very naughty - I chose not to have a starter or pud and just opted for grilled steak with mixed salad as my main.

I was really hoping to have shed 2lbs this week to get to my 2.5 sticky but based on my home scales (I know, I know, cardinal sin to weigh at home!) I'm only 0.5lbs lighter! It's so frustrating as I've been so good, stuck to plan, made sacrifices and squeezed in some body magic so hopefully I'll drop the other 1.5lbs walking to weigh in tonight! :whacky068:

Keep your fingers crossed for me, I must just remember a loss is a loss!

C x

Glad you had a good weekend hun. And that food at your grandparents looks soooooo good. Making me hungry :)
Good luck for tonight, sure you've done well again :) My scales say a completely different weight to the SW ones so maybe it's the same for yours.
I've done so much body magic this week to compensate for the boy not being around so hoping it paid off. Off for a swim later tonight at the hotel spa up the road. My friend got a free day pass so we're going to the gym and swimming then sauna and jacuzzi :)
Hope you're ok :)

oooohhh yummy yummy looking food again -and its the lobster that caught my eye ;) nomnomnom... and how lovely that everyone is soooo supportive -it really makes life easier doesn't it!!
Have to agree on the fibre plus bars :drool: I keep mine in the fridge I have the milk choc one for a heB in an evening -along with an iced coffe to use a heA mmmmmm-its odd because they are seriously chocolatey -BUT I don't find them as sickly sweet as the alpen lights :confused:

Its really annoying with the clothe situation isn't it-its seriously :bliss: that they are too big -but also :rant2:when they hang off you and you feel like a bag of poop tied in the middle. I know you don't want to buy too much -but take a look on la redoute -they have a great sale on at the moment-you might be able to pick up a couple of bits ;) -I have had to order some stuff to tide me over (but like you I don't want to spend loads just to out shrink them in a month or two) - my 1st lot has arrived and ecky thump it fits -I ordered 18/20 expecting them to be too small for a little while longer -but they aren't :D -so at least I feel a little less like a ragga muffin :p problem is they set a catalogue with it so Im now sat picking what I want when I shrink into the next size :rotflmao:
Anyway -enough rattling and taking over your diary :eek:
Have a lovely evening and :cross:for later ..

Good luck Chloe. Hope you've done well :cross:

Morning All!

Well, despite thinking I'd STS last night (according to my home scales anyway...) I managed to loose 1.5lbs! :bliss: I was really chuffed, but also slightly gutted as it means I was only 0.5lbs away from my next sticker! :sigh: Doesn't matter though, I'm over the moon with that and I know I've got something to look forward too next week! :gimi:

Yesterday evening after WI my wonderful other half had whipped up another delicious SW recipe which was waiting for me when I got home! He made the pizza topped chicken from the website and it was gorgeous! Here's the recipe:

This Italian-inspired dish gives you all the taste of cheesy pizza, for Free! Using chicken or turkey as a base saves on doughy Syns and provides a real deep-pan meat feast! For a Green option, top a jacket potato, omelette or cooked polenta.

Prepare your ingredients:
½ small red onion, chopped
½ red pepper, chopped
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp stock, made from Vecon/Bovril
2 vine tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1 tbsp tinned tomatoes
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp oregano
1 chicken fillet
Fry Light
42g low fat hard cheese, grated
1 cherry tomato, halved
fresh basil, roughly chopped

pizza_chicken_ingredients.jpg

pizza_chicken_ingredients2.jpg

Assemble your pizza…

1. Place the onion, pepper and garlic in a small saucepan with the stock and simmer for a few minutes.

2. Add the vine tomatoes to the pan, then the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and oregano.
Cut the chicken fillet in half horizontally, being careful not to cut it the whole way through. Fold open to make a butterfly shape. Spray a non-stick frying pan lightly with Fry Light then fry the chicken to give colour on both sides. Place the chicken on a baking tray and place in the oven, Gas Mark 7/220ºC for 15-20 minutes.

3. When cooked, place the tomato mixture on top of the chicken. Add the cheese and sprinkle with basil. Place the cherry tomato on the top, then put back in the oven for 5 minutes.

4. Serve with a huge crispy salad, a Healthy Extra jacket potato or roasted vegetables.

pizza_chicken_3.jpg

They were absolutely delicious! So easy (and cheap) to make, we had it with a big mixed salad too which was yummy!

Glad you had a good weekend hun. And that food at your grandparents looks soooooo good. Making me hungry :)
Good luck for tonight, sure you've done well again :) My scales say a completely different weight to the SW ones so maybe it's the same for yours.
I've done so much body magic this week to compensate for the boy not being around so hoping it paid off. Off for a swim later tonight at the hotel spa up the road. My friend got a free day pass so we're going to the gym and swimming then sauna and jacuzzi :)
Hope you're ok :)

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me - it worked! You're right about the scales at home, we shouldn't use them they are bad for our motivation! Well done on all your body magic this week hun, you'll smash it this week at WI! Very jealous of your sauna/jacuzzi session - my local pool is far to grim for anything as nice as that! xx

oooohhh yummy yummy looking food again -and its the lobster that caught my eye ;) nomnomnom... and how lovely that everyone is soooo supportive -it really makes life easier doesn't it!!
Have to agree on the fibre plus bars :drool: I keep mine in the fridge I have the milk choc one for a heB in an evening -along with an iced coffe to use a heA mmmmmm-its odd because they are seriously chocolatey -BUT I don't find them as sickly sweet as the alpen lights :confused:

Its really annoying with the clothe situation isn't it-its seriously :bliss: that they are too big -but also :rant2:when they hang off you and you feel like a bag of poop tied in the middle. I know you don't want to buy too much -but take a look on la redoute -they have a great sale on at the moment-you might be able to pick up a couple of bits ;) -I have had to order some stuff to tide me over (but like you I don't want to spend loads just to out shrink them in a month or two) - my 1st lot has arrived and ecky thump it fits -I ordered 18/20 expecting them to be too small for a little while longer -but they aren't :D -so at least I feel a little less like a ragga muffin :p problem is they set a catalogue with it so Im now sat picking what I want when I shrink into the next size :rotflmao:
Anyway -enough rattling and taking over your diary :eek:
Have a lovely evening and :cross:for later ..

You're totally right lovely, I should just get a few pieces to tide me over, in fact I think I might order some jeans today so that I stop moaning about them! You hit the nail on the head about wearing clothes that are too big though - I feel like I'm wearing sacks and it's horrible! I love that you rattle on so please take over my diary any time you like - it's fab to hear from you :) xx

Good luck Chloe. Hope you've done well :cross:

Hello there Chloe - great thread! Good luck for your WI!

Spanx x

Thank you ladies! Good luck for your weigh in's too!

Cx

:happy096: -Well done on your loss ......
and you get to have a new shiney next week :happy036:
Im glad you are going to get a new pair of jeans -I bet it will spur you on no end :vibes:
oooh and I have swiped that recipe as it looks scrumdiddlyumptious :drool: -hubby loves my home made pizzas -I make baguette dough for the bases and they are scrummy -but I have found that I have an intolerence to yeast -so I can't have them. NOW I can your recipe instead :party0049: -made even better as I picked up some huge chicken breast the other day -whoopsed to €3 for 4 (instead of €9 :eek:)-so i have 12 in the freezer :sign0151:
Have a lovely day and keep up the great work :D

Well done lovely :) You're very good at this losing weight business :)
Hopefully get my shiny tomorrow but if I don't we can both work towards ours for next week.
We ended up doing an Auqafit class last night too...there just happened to be one on so we snuck in and joined in :)
I've just done the Jillian Michaels 30day shred exercise DVD too...Brutal is not the word but I feel good for doing it.
Will definitely be making that yummy recipe :)

Well done lovely :) You're very good at this losing weight business :)
Hopefully get my shiny tomorrow but if I don't we can both work towards ours for next week.
We ended up doing an Auqafit class last night too...there just happened to be one on so we snuck in and joined in :)
I've just done the Jillian Michaels 30day shred exercise DVD too...Brutal is not the word but I feel good for doing it.
Will definitely be making that yummy recipe :)

Oooh my fingers are crossed for you sweetness - those shinys are in reach! Especially with all your body magic you've been doing! The aquafit sounds brilliant, good job on the sneaking in, I'm sure they didn't mind :character00180:

I've just bought those Fibre bars and they are delicious!! So much nicer than the Alpen ones - they are like a proper chocolatey treat! x:17729:

Cx

:happy096: -Well done on your loss ......
and you get to have a new shiney next week :happy036:
Im glad you are going to get a new pair of jeans -I bet it will spur you on no end :vibes:
oooh and I have swiped that recipe as it looks scrumdiddlyumptious :drool: -hubby loves my home made pizzas -I make baguette dough for the bases and they are scrummy -but I have found that I have an intolerence to yeast -so I can't have them. NOW I can your recipe instead :party0049: -made even better as I picked up some huge chicken breast the other day -whoopsed to €3 for 4 (instead of €9 :eek:)-so i have 12 in the freezer :sign0151:
Have a lovely day and keep up the great work :D

Hi Lovely Lady!

I somehow missed your post and didn't see it when I was replying yesterday! Your home made pizzas sound great - what a nightmare about having a yeast intolerance though! Does it make EE days harder for you?

I'll let you know if I manage to get a pair of jeans, I think New Look is my best option as they are only £15-£20 and pretty good quality - but I can't wait to treat myself to a pair of Levi's when I get to target, I've never been able to fit into a pair!

What a bargain on the chicken breasts! That's the one thing about eating healthily, it's certainly not cheap!

Have a fab day lovely and fingers crossed for your WI this week too!

Cx

Lost 2lbs at wi so still 1lb off my new shiny but we'll both get ours next week :D x

Back