Chocolate Philly and Orange Scan Bran cake

shellywelly1983

Aiming for thin at 30!
I've been experimenting in the kitchen this morning and came up with this, so moist and you can't taste the scan bran :D Infact i'm off for another slice!

0_118.jpg

Chocolate Philly and Orange scan bran cake. 12 syns for the whole cake.

5 scan bran 5 syns
50g chocolate Philadelphia 7 syns
70g Vanilla yogurt (I used the muller light vanilla with choc sprinkles)
3 eggs
10-15g sweetener, I used 15g and it was a tad too sweet.
1 Table spoon Orange extract/essence

Preheat oven to around 160
Lightly moisten and drain the scan bran, pour over the vanilla essence/extract and leave for 5 minutes.
Mash the mixture until it is into breadcrumbs – I use a blender. Add the eggs and sweetener and mix well.
Warm the choc philly slightly in the microwave and blend in the yogurt, then add the mixture to the scan bran.
Line a loaf tin and bake in the oven for around 30 mins, until the top is lightly brown and a skewer comes out clean.

Sounds lush, I made a similar one without the yoghurt and used half philli in the cake and half to spread on top once cooked and it was lovely, I didn't use orange essence but ate it with orange segments. I think I'll give your recipe a go, could use an orange muller instead of the essence as well I suppose :)

Sounds lush, I made a similar one without the yoghurt and used half philli in the cake and half to spread on top once cooked and it was lovely, I didn't use orange essence but ate it with orange segments. I think I'll give your recipe a go, could use an orange muller instead of the essence as well I suppose :)

I wouldn't omit the essence as I think it needs it but could use the orange muller instead of the vanilla. I have started throwing yogs in all my scanbran cakes as it makes them so much moister.

The choc philly on top sounds lush but don't think I could control myself eating it as this cake is already too yummy! x

My cake was a bit rubbish without the philli on top to be fair, I'll def give this a go next time I want a scan bran cake :) thanks for the recipe

My first scan bran cake I made almost a year ago was with a muller but I was disappointed, don't know if it was because I didn't know what to expect with the scan bran cake though (was first time I'd tried scan bran) and it didn't have anything other then the muller in.

Thanks for bringing this thread up again, might pick up some scan bran tomorrow :) would like to try it with almond essence or rum essence as well :)

Back