Snacks chocolate philly mmmmmm

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
Ok so my New fave treat Is choc philly last night i had some on my hex B ryvitas i had 4 dark rye ones with 15 g of philly on each so over the evening i polished off 9 syns of choc philly but my god was it worth it :) and on a ryvita very satisfying too

I had to ban this from the house pre sw as it kept calling 'eat me' from the fridge. Being polite I had to scoff it. I think I'll try it again now on scan Bran as two scan bran fill me up. It is yum.
P.s. apparently you can make a gorgeous cheese cake using this and sf orange jelly but I can't find the recipe
xx

letmeout said:
I had to ban this from the house pre sw as it kept calling 'eat me' from the fridge. Being polite I had to scoff it. I think I'll try it again now on scan Bran as two scan bran fill me up. It is yum.
P.s. apparently you can make a gorgeous cheese cake using this and sf orange jelly but I can't find the recipe
xx

Oooo sounds fab

I have yet to try chocolate philly... I am terrified it will become the corner stone of all my meals

"Hello I'm Lemai, and I'm a chocaholic"

I'll try and find the recipe
again x

Right- found it:
One sugar free jelly - orange or lime made up with half the amount of water.
1 large tub of chocolate philly
Equal quantity of plain philly extra light or quark
6 digestive or rich tea biscuits (crushed)
2 teaspoon low fat spread suitable for cooking with

1. Melt the spread and mix with the cushed biscuits. Press firmly into a lined loaf tin. Refridgerate.
2. Whisk the chocky phili and plain philly/quark together , then whisk in the cooled jelly ( make sure you do this before it start to set).
3. Pour the mixture over your biscuit base. Refridgerate.
Eat as is or top with sliced fruit ( banas, strawberry, raspberries etc)
To keep the syns lower omit the biscuit base altogether or just use crushed biscuits with out the low fat spread.

Enjoy.

a tub of choc philly is only 81p in morrisons and the individual tubs are 60something i think

metrognome said:
a tub of choc philly is only 81p in morrisons and the individual tubs are 60something i think

In morrisons on thurs the mini tube were 80p and Big tub was 81p so i went with the Big tub as you get more

Oh I couldnt buy the big one as I would be afraid Id eat it all.
At least with the small pots I can limit what I eat....

It really is lush!

Oh I couldnt buy the big one as I would be afraid Id eat it all.
At least with the small pots I can limit what I eat....

It really is lush!
a sealed pot wouldnt stop me lol .....i would just have two but my self control has improved from what it used to ...i can trust myself to actually have treats in the house

I bought some of the little individual pots and they disappeared before I could even try them. My daughter ate them (skinny 12 year old!) but the look on her face when I told her it was choc and cheese was priceless. Still she said they were scrumptious.

Improves the scan bran though, don't it? lol !

Right- found it:
One sugar free jelly - orange or lime made up with half the amount of water.
1 large tub of chocolate philly
Equal quantity of plain philly extra light or quark
6 digestive or rich tea biscuits (crushed)
2 teaspoon low fat spread suitable for cooking with

1. Melt the spread and mix with the cushed biscuits. Press firmly into a lined loaf tin. Refridgerate.
2. Whisk the chocky phili and plain philly/quark together , then whisk in the cooled jelly ( make sure you do this before it start to set).
3. Pour the mixture over your biscuit base. Refridgerate.
Eat as is or top with sliced fruit ( banas, strawberry, raspberries etc)
To keep the syns lower omit the biscuit base altogether or just use crushed biscuits with out the low fat spread.

Enjoy.

This sounds scrummy...do you know how many syns are in it? x

My kids love this I will but 1 a week hoping to have a try & by the time I remember its there I'm washing the tub out for recycling lol will need to buy 2 & hide one lol

Pete’s No Cook Cheese Cake

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 small tube of quark
1 tbsp. sweetener
1 tbsp. Philadelphia soft cheese/ Cadbury Chocolate flavour (2 syn)
2 Rich Tea biscuits (crushed up) (3 syn)

Method

In a small bowl, crush the biscuits and add water. Just enough to stick the biscuits together, on greaseproof paper place a cooking ring and fill with the biscuit, press down then place in the fridge to chill.
In another bowl add the Philadelphia and as much quark as required to fill the cooking ring, mix well, add sweetener to taste, remove base from fridge, add mixture, return to fridge to set.
When ready to serve remove from the fridge and using a kitchen blow torch or hot tea towel placed round the ring, heat up the ring and carefully remove it and serve with fresh fruits.

Cheese Cake (Small).JPGCheese Cake-2 (Small).JPG
Pete’s No Cook Cheese Cake-2

Serves 4

(2.75 syn per portion)

Ingredients

1 tbsp. sweetener
1 tbsp. Philadelphia soft cheese/ Cadbury Chocolate flavour (2/4=0.5 syn per portion)
2 tsp Oetker Gelatine granules (free)
6 Sainsbury’s “Basic” Rich Tea biscuits (crushed up) (9/4=2.25 syn per portion)
12cm loose base cake tin
165g Muller Light fat free yogurt “Mint sprinkled with Dark Chocolate” (ff)

Method

In a small food processor, whisk the biscuits until they resemble bread crumbs, then place in a bowl, add just enough hot water to mix together, Place in the cake tin and press down until level, then place in the fridge to chill.
Place 2tbsp of hot water into a Pyrex dish and add 2tsp of gelatine mix together, if it is getting cold then place in a saucepan with hot water on a low heat, continue until all the gelatine has melted.
In another bowl mix the Philadelphia, Muller Light & sweetener add the hot gelatine & mix until smooth, tip into the baking ring and place back into the fridge until set.

Cheesecake-4 (Small).JPGCheesecake-5 (Small).JPGCheesecake-6 (Small).JPG

Hi, just thought I would quickly say I made this cheesecake last wkend as I had family over, and it really was fantastic, really tasty. Also for those of you that shop at farmfoods, their choc philly is 2 lage tubs for £1 at the moment, and Heron foods have it on offer 5 lge tubs for £1, a real bargain. not sure how long they at these prices for though. :)

Back