Chocolate Shakes

steeleee

Silver Member
Does anyone else find that the chocolate shakes don't always mix properly? Recently I found its taken ages to mix it properly in my shaker cup thingy, and even then it sort of separates and leaves gunky stuff round the edge of the cup.... it doesnt taste any different..... its just wierd... :-/

Yep I find that too, always have.
Even if I whisk it for ages there are still always lumps floating on top, the others go nice and smooth but not the choc!

Yep chocolate is definitely the shake that's hardest to mix.

I don't really like the chocolate shakes. The don't taste chocolatey to me and, yes, I always find they don't mix easily. They are bitty / lumpy / powdery. Yuck!

I've seen somewhere that someone makes the chocolate shake hot with peppermint tea. Also, putting coffee it like a mocha. Might make it more palatable to you xox

Loucille2 said:
I've seen somewhere that someone makes the chocolate shake hot with peppermint tea. Also, putting coffee it like a mocha. Might make it more palatable to you xox

I do both of those :)

I found that when i whisked the choc shake it was lumpy but i then purchased a shaker cup as well and the chocolate one comes out lovely with no lumps, the best part is my shaker cost me £1.49, why I didn't buy one in the first place I do not know. I do have a particular way to make it in my shaker mind ha ha.... I put 250ml of water in first then add the shake to the shaker, then I swill it round to cover the powder in water then spend 3 mins simply shaking it, works well for me ha ha

I found that when i whisked the choc shake it was lumpy but i then purchased a shaker cup as well and the chocolate one comes out lovely with no lumps, the best part is my shaker cost me £1.49, why I didn't buy one in the first place I do not know. I do have a particular way to make it in my shaker mind ha ha.... I put 250ml of water in first then add the shake to the shaker, then I swill it round to cover the powder in water then spend 3 mins simply shaking it, works well for me ha ha

Haha I do exactly the same thing :D I just find that it takes soo much longer than the others, and never mixes as well :)

I make mine by first making a cup of peppermint tea and leaving it to cool for around ten mins then i add my choc shake powder in my protein mixing cup (argos £1.99) and shake it for a few minutes and don't seem to have any lumps :)

Hi all has any body tried adding Scottish oats (raw) to the shakes Im the morning so that it can hold you for longer. Not much say 2/4 table spoons to give the shake some substance??? Let me know your views on this as Im thinking to try this today at lunch time to keep me until pate this afternoon

You could but Scottish Oats will more than likely take you out of Ketosis and undo your hard work!

If you REALLY need to do that. Milled Flax would be a better choice.

I usually split my sachets so I have 6 meals per day. Keeps the hunger pangs at bay!

Great advise buddies, I'll donate the oats to my kids who love them. And ya breaking up the shakes helps. Just came back from a birthday party with the kids. Food galore but i managed to hold my ground only pick a hand full of grapes. After i did that i started worrying if there was Any citrus acid in them. Either way a bar and a large glass of water did the trick @5pm ish. Its now after 7pm and my tummy is rolling. Not sire if i should have a warm shake or just water it off till tomorrow???

Have you had all your sachets? You need to have them all or you're likely to feel pretty rough!

If you do have to pick at something, try ch

Sorry, my daughter is good at pawing the screen!

Try to stick to protein (lean chicken, fish, at a push cheese) cause aside from the citric acid, the sugar in grapes will affect Ketosis :)

Well done on holding back though. It takes some will power!

I use electric hand blender. Blends it perfectly and no lumps

I find my strawberry is the lumpiest, yuk! x

Back