Chocolate

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Thought that would grab your attention! :D

I've been forcing myself to try some of the different low carb choc from the Low Carb Megastore, and here's the results.

- La Nouba Silhouette coconut cream 2.8 carbs per 45g bar
Not very coconutty, a bit bland in taste and a slightly ick aftertaste
- La Nouba Silhouette lemon cream 2.8 carbs per 45g bar
The same, not very lemony, very plasticky, won't buy this brand again
- Torras dark chocolate less than 2 carbs per 75g bar
Nice, good dark chocolate taste, but sweetened with malitol - is this one of the bad ones?

So far, I much prefer the Atkins chocolate, but will keep the trials up on your behalf :D

Susie

Certainly made me prick my ears up Susie! Thanks for the reviews - they all look so yummy on the website it's nice to know to avoid some.

I have had the zero carb coconut/choc bar from LCM too, and it was gorgeous, although two very tiny portions and it's desperately expensive for the size. Got 5 and they were gone in a week (OK, OK, 5 days) :eek: but very very nice.

I've also had the diabetic bars from Thorntons, and they are scarily lovely - both the fudge/choc and the turkish delight/choc are gorgeous. I think they're both around 2 net carbs, but caused dire gut problems afterwards (unless you like that sort of thing). I'll be keeping them in reserve for the next time I get constipated. 'Nuff said! I've got their toffee bag in storage too - might be 3 carbs per 100g. I think Thorntons have the taste thing sussed. :)

I find the Atkins Endulge very waxy - didn't really like them although they don't produce the bottom problems afterwards. :eek:

Not choc, but I am loving the Werthers sugar-free sweeties for sweet cravings atm - they're tiny but last a long time. Also Halls mentholyptus sugar-free sweets - zero carb as far as I can make out.

Will be watching this thread with great interest. :)

I've also had the diabetic bars from Thorntons, and they are scarily lovely - both the fudge/choc and the turkish delight/choc are gorgeous.

Gosh I love turkish delight! Will have to give them a go.

I used to chew my way through a pack of Airwaves gum a day but they have carbs in them, so I've tried a couple of mints from LCM - the Barnett's menthol and eucalytus and the Vivel Hals Bonbons extra strong peppermint - both 0 carbs. Both are very nice and strong, but the Barnett's ones are a bit big - the Vivels are smaller and do the trick very nicely :D

Green and blacks 85% dark choc. Nice and 15g for the whole 100g bar. If your like me and can make do with 2 pieces its great!

Green and blacks 85% dark choc. Nice and 15g for the whole 100g bar. If your like me and can make do with 2 pieces its great!

I was going to suggest this too. Not the lowest in carbs but a couple of pieces are really really tasty and satisfying (esp. if sucked! :D). IMO I find that having a little bite of something really nice is better than a blowout on loads of mediocre 'bad' stuff.

I used to hate dark choc as a kid now but I find that milk chocolate is so plain compared to dark choc. Off topic I know but lately I've found, even before Atkins, that what i really crave is taste and not so much volume. I started eating pickled chillis with dinner because they're just so tasty! Same idea with choc.

Good finds though!

Last edited:
tesco are doing a 90% cocoa for £1.49 not tried it yet, its in the drawer for emergency use :)

(they also do a cheappie 74% for 79p)

might have to go to thorntons, could be doing with the side effects!

I've also had the diabetic bars from Thorntons, and they are scarily lovely - both the fudge/choc and the turkish delight/choc are gorgeous. I think they're both around 2 net carbs, but caused dire gut problems afterwards (unless you like that sort of thing).

I went straight to Thorntons and had a look at the choc there....was really dissapointed with the carb contents...must have been reading them wrong! :sigh:

None in the house to check FJ, sorry, but I'm sure they were just under and just over 2 carbs per bar. Are you sure you weren't looking at the per 100g column or something? :confused:

As soon as I'm off induction, my first stop will be Thorntons! I love turkish delight and fudge, sounds delish... :D

Hit Thorntons - then Thorntons hit back - still waiting for my loo to forgive me :eek:

Yet, even with the side effect I would still recommend if you want something that tastes very realistic :)

I had a thorntons no added sugar fudge bar last night so hope I didn't get it wrong and muck up for wi tomorrow :cry:.
Carbs per bar is 23.7g of which 22.3g is polyols which means the bar has net carbs of 1.4g - is that right?

No effects for me and I could do with it maybe should have had 2 :D:D

Haha, I think I could possibly be doing with the side effects too... yet another reason to get myself down to Thorntons :)

Either that or get commission for all the business we'll be putting their way! :D

Flutter that's a double-edged sword methinks. If they didn't cause the, ahem, side effect, I would be tempted to eat a lot more of them.

And yes, that's the way I worked out net carbs too - the fudge bar is 1.4 and I think the turkish delight one is 2.1 from memory. Deffo worth it, as an occas treat.

thankyou for trying chocolate on our behalf ;)

hi guys, no one really knows me on the atkins bit as i havent posted in a looong time, but anyway, just wanted to pipe in: last xmas i indulged in too much cavalier chocs, about 2 1/2 bars in one day, and, well, theres only one way to say this. i sharted. i sharted myself. the shame.

Back