Chris' 2014 Exante Diary.

Lunch : - 1/2 a Veg soup made with 200ml water and 1 tps of medium curry powder. Drank as a cuppa soup very nice and I now have the other half as a snack for tonight if I get peckish.

Day 3 Evening Meal

Red Bean Chilli - : Made as instructed. Really nice, first Main meal that has felt like i was eating, (rather than drinking).

Finding the Peach tea really nice too.

10mg of peach powder & 500ml of water shaken up.

1 sweetener tablet 2 tea bags and 500ml of boiling water left for 3 mins.

then mix the two together and leave in fridge overnight.

Gosh you are doing really well, almost regimented, well done. I'm really looking forward toy water flavourings arriving :) x

Gosh you are doing really well, almost regimented, well done. I'm really looking forward toy water flavourings arriving :) x

Guess thats what 18 years in the Army does for you. :)

Well just used a ketostix and I appear to be in Ketosis. Will check again in the morning and let you all know how it goes.

Legs are really sore tonight so going to skip running tomorrow. I might use the hand bike or maybe do upper body weights.

I was going to ask if you had worked in a bar because of the way you like to mix your stuff together lol. What does the peach tea taste like, sounds yummy. Once you're in ketosis it will be easier.

Yes, I had half a Tescos ultraslim chocolate bar to make up for only having half a soup at lunch.

Well done Chris! I'm loving the mixing of drinks. I'll screenshot the peach tea and the coffee with vanilla shake and give those a wee try.

Well done for run. Hope ur legs are feeling better. I trust that ur doing proper stretching after running n not the token ham n quad stretches?!

Hope work was ik :) Keep up the good work!

Day 4,

Well another bad nights sleep, guess I best get used to it.

Morning Chris, isn't it funny that I picked up on that! Nice that it comes through even in just typing :)

You're doing so well, are you and wife in ketosis now and not experiencing hunger/cravings now?

Have a great day x

Yes both in Ketosis now, Mrs 8391 said she "went to bed hungry and woke up hungry" however I'm fine.Breakfast :- 1/2 a Toffee Coffee Shake, and it's official Toffee is my least favorite of the 3 shake I bought. No running planned today legs are sore guess they are just taking a bit onger to recover on the diet. Might do a light upperbody circuit after lunch.

U might notice that u slow down a bit when running in a week or 2.

Last time I did this type of diet I went for an 8 mile run and really struggled, then went down to 4 and then went on a 2m and had to lie down in the middle of the woods n elevate my legs up against a tree because I felt so giddy! It felt like trying to drive a car with no petrol in it, just fumes. If ur running on a treadmill you can easily get off it.

Weights will be good idea. Great fat burning. I see people swinging the kettlebells round at the gym. Hear good reports about those.

Does Mrs3891 run or gym? Are u both on the same day/start at same time? Must be good having a diet buddy in the house. Not so good if uv both got ketosis headaches on the same day!

Both on same day, Mrs8391 doesn't run but has done a bit at the gym but, not for a while so, she is waiting a few weeks before she starts again.As for the long term running plan, I would rather not have to give up or slow down so I might increase cal intake 20mins before a run and see if that helps if I need to.

Sounds like you've really got your head around this diet now - good for you. I'm counting the hours until I can get into ketosis (only on day 2) and the hunger is currently niggling at me!!

Just read your diary and look forward to popping in from time to time, not least for new recipe ideas. You sound like a bit of a chef!!

Must be good that you and the wife are doing it together - there's no way my boyfriend would do the diet with me and that makes the days where he gets a takeaway or cooks something that smells yummy all that much harder....

Day 4 cont

Lunch - : Had the Thai Chicken Soup, had the whole pouch as I haven't been hungry late evening so decided to eat it all at lunchtime. Made it with 400ml of water and i was nice, very similar to the vegetable to be honest.

Afternoon Coffee shake -: Didnt get drank. I found it was 4pm and time for the gym and I hadn't even felt hungry:D.

Did a short run, 2.8 km in 18 mins( I know I said I wasn't running today, but by this afternoon my legs felt much better.)

Cooked Sweet & Sour Chicken with noodles for the kids and didn't even want to taste it. Found today a lot easier. I will update you all once I have had my evening meal (Shepherds Pie)

Last edited:
Well then, The Shepherds Pie was fantastic, (and i mean that) I added a good tsp of dried mint, some black & red pepper, 2 chopped mushrooms (I know I shouldn't add real food but I wanted something to bite into) and a splash of worcestershire sauce. Cant believe it was that tasty, not sure if it was just that the other meals were poor or if it really was nice but either way I am one happy chap tonight.

You're doing well Chris! And it helps when you like the products, no doubt. I once did Lipotrim for a few weeks, the longest weeks of my life. Everything was rank. Such a feeling of deprivation.
I must say I miss cooking a lot. I live on my own and normally have lots of people over for food as I'm good at cooking for larger groups, have done catering before. But I'm holding out on that for a bit until I'm confident enough to handle food without being tempted. Not ready yet. But I miss doing it, I love experimenting, my last phase in December was that everything ended up having ginger and lime zest in it :D

Hi Chris,sometimes the packs need just a touch of something to give it a bit of a boost. I use a couple of rocket leaves. makes them nice & peppery & adds some fibre. This type of diet does encourage you to experiment a little to get some extra flavours or else to disguise the flavour that are not so nice. Glad to see you are doing so well

Back