Chris' 2014 Exante Diary.

Thanks everyone, I really need to find somthing to do with the Toffee shake even 2 1/2 tps of instant espresso can't hide the aftertaste. I even tried it hot today and that didn't help either. I had it mixed 50/50 with Chocolate on Day 2 and that didn't help either. Anyone got any other ideas?

That's a tough one. How about trying some kind of nut flavouring. Never tasted the toffee so no idea what its like. I'm the same with the strawberry, I end up mixing it with the chocolate cos I cant think of anything else that would make it more palatable.

Now there is a plan, I might try nutmeg or even a little cinnamon. It's not the main flavour just the aftertaste.

Does it have a fatty after taste cos that's all I can taste after drinking the strawberry ?

I dont know how to explain it, I can sort of taste the same thing with the vanilla, it's just the coffee covers the taste with the vanilla.

I don't know if this is helping at all. But I find with certain shakes esp the vanilla it tastes like enormously bad breath when I finish it. And that's not because of ketosis coz I don't get that with other products.

You are doing super. I would love to run but don't know where to start or what to do. And if I did, I wouldn't have the confidence to be seen doing it lol. In all seriousness I would love to start.

Well done on another great day x

How's it going today Chris ?

Day 5 Attempt 3

Well had a better nights sleep, which was nice.

Breakfast - : Porridge with 1 tsp of Blackcurrent powder and a shake of cinnamon, not too bad and certainly edible.

Lunch - : The left over half of the Veg soup from the other day, with 1 tsp of madras curry powder, made with about 150ml of water.(not to sure as I forgot my shaker so had to make it up without a measurer)

Why attempt 3 you ask? Well I tried to update my diary as I left the house and my phone wouldn't connect, then I tried from work and it logged me out and didn't update so lets hope this works.

Oh and I feel fine Susie thanks for asking.

Last edited:
Day 5 cont.

Had Spag Bol, for my tea. Not as nice as the shepherds pie last night, on par with the red bean chilli, nicer than the curry and pasta carbonara.

Due to lack of water in work this PM, I didn't get my coffee, so have only had 2 packs today. Might have a bar as a treat later.

No running today so might do some light arms stuff tonight too.

Layers all.

Day 5 update

The kids are getting better, they are now throwing their leftover food straight into the bin not leaving it on the plate for me to throw out (whilst trying not to scoff it)

Now there is a plan, I might try nutmeg or even a little cinnamon. It's not the main flavour just the aftertaste.

Due to a lack of water in work today I didnt get to try this, but will try again tomorrow morning, I'm taking half a chocolate shake in to so if i still don't like the toffee at least I will have the chocolate to look forward to in the afternoon

I'm running out of ideas with the strawberry, I bought a bumper pack because the last time I was on the diet that flavour was my favourite, It tastes like the recipe has changed since so now I still have 34 to get through. Decided I will just have to finish them as soon as possible, Too expensive not to use them. Hope you have more luck with the toffee

Sorry to hear you don't like them anymore, and to have so many. I'm lucky both Mrs 8391 & I ordered the pick your own pack as it was on offer. I only picked 10 toffee, so only 8 1/2 to go.

Chris and Susie...

Maybe u could put ur sachets on eBay? I bought some packs off there. U might not get exactly the same price but its usually not far off the original. It might be worth getting rid, especially if they make u feel ill!

Or start a swap thread. There might be folks who love strawberry n toffee. They might be wiling to swap!

Just a thought...

Have a great day :)

A swap thread could be good, I really like the strawberry one. What about getting the mousse mix and making a form of angel delight with it?

I did that with a vanilla one yesterday and it was really nice.

Good luck today all x

Day 6

All going well, up and about had a black espresso coffee with a sweetener and it was ok. Going to finally try the toffee with cinnamon 1/2 shake at about 9:30 as my first "food"

Did some light weights with an old set of 2.5kg dumbells only 5 - 10 mins but better than nothing on a non run day, Plan on running today, will let the weather decide if that is outdoors or on the treadmill. either way hoping for aroung 4km.

Have a good day 6. Well done on the running, a great way to help along your weight loss

Have a good day 6. Well done on the running, a great way to help along your weight loss

Thank you,

I have been worried about the running but having read into it a bit more I think as long as I feel fine I should be ok. Will just keep an eye on my weight loss and if it slows significantly then I may have a rethink.

Back