Cruise PV ChrisR dukan journey

I ran out of baking powder so baked them without - I prefer them, not as eggy more dense like a scone :)
Im trying to eat more fresh fish but cannot stand getting a bone in my mouth ughhhhhh love the taste of fish but im put off for 6 months :( I scrutinise with a pair of tweesers before putting in the oven!

I have changed Jo's muffin recipe to just 3 yolks and whites. They seem to keep a better shape without the extra egg white. I add 1/2tsp baking powder for lemony or coffee muffins for a lighter airier texture and leave it out when I make spiced or tea brack muffins when a denser texture is nicer.

Fillets or steaks of tuna, salmon, cod and river cobbler are what I tend to choose as they have little or no bones. I love wild ALaskan salmon but hate the price tag! :p

Hope you had a good day, lassie. :)Xx

Yowzer! Another 2 off is great, how are you feeling? You must really be able to feel the difference now! X

Yes its brilliant thanks Couteaux I feel so much better - people are noticing more but I never know what to say!
Ive just been out to the car and the bottom of my trousers have got wet with them being a bit loose they are longer - im 5'10" so my trousers must be loose! :eek:

Hope you had a good day, lassie. :)Xx

Not too bad not enough time for a coffee break this morning or this afternoon but just enough time to eat my lunch. The day goes very quick - this is the first time today ive sat down for more than 10 mins! Should be tidying the kitchen but eh ho! that can wait. Hope you have had a good day too and your little darlings havent caused u too much hassle :)

Tuesday 11/10 PV
Another good dukan day :) my flavourings have arrived just hope I like them! They smell good especially caramel so that one is shouting the loudest for me to try later. Wonder how many drops? Chilli, green beans and salad tonight + yoghurt. Will let you know later if caramel tastes as good as it smells (MrR says they dont smell of anything - typical). Finish work tomorrow at 1.30 so shall I come home to housework or have a late lunch out with my beautiful daughter ummmm no contest! xxx

Let me know how they are... Ive ordered caramel , chocolate and I think passion fruit ? It was 2 for 1 offer so better taste nice lol

just had my pud - FF yoghurt & dukan caramel flavouring - it was OK probably didnt put enough in, could taste it but the yoghurt taste was greater. Baking lovely muffins tomorrow so will try them in those :)

Hi Chris, my little darlings are all doing well thanks - we will be attempting all our lessons through Irish for the first time since term started tomorrow. Should be fun!

You seem to be having mixed success with the flavourings but hopefully after a little trial and error you'll get the balance right. I had made a delicious batch of lemon and caraway muffins but have a bad feeling Maintainer/Jo is going to say no no to real lemon and the caraway seeds. Pity, they were the nicest yet!

Hope you have a good end to the week. Nearly mid-term! :)Xx

Hi Lausanne oh yes nearly half term cannot wait! about right stuff we cant have always tastes the nicest suppose depends on how much lemon juice used. Carraway seeds not sure Im sure Jo will let you know yeh or neh - lol. Making some muffins later (need to unclutter kitchen after making fish pie) used a variety of fish + some tiny scallops and prawns. Cauli on top - its baking now so ........ im starving! Have a good day tomorrow im off so a little lie in (i hope) then dukan shopping to morrisons :)

I really fancy fish pie :eek: lol what did you use for a sauce

I really fancy fish pie :eek: lol what did you use for a sauce

Hi Ellie not tasted it yet baking as we speak,
for the sauce I used the recipe in the dukan recipe book page 375. Will let you know if its good - im hungry taken me longer than I thought to cook it :sigh:

Chris, your pie sounds delish! Love scallops, such a treat :)

Half term already - time is flying by so fast! I'll be back at work by then with OH looking after all 3 kiddies..... Not sure he really has an idea what is in store Lol! ;)

Chris, your pie sounds delish! Love scallops, such a treat :)

Half term already - time is flying by so fast! I'll be back at work by then with OH looking after all 3 kiddies..... Not sure he really has an idea what is in store Lol! ;)

Hi C love to see your post - It will certainly making MR C realise what his lovely wife has to do on a daily basis, its the hardest job ive ever had to do - will let you know how the fish pie turns out its smelling good ;)

Thursday 13/10 PV
The start of the weekend for me - phewwwww am I glad, cream crackered!
Plan for tomorrow - house jobs as usual, organise my craft stuff and at least 2 walks a.m 2 miles and in the afternoon I'm planning on walking to where my daughter works about 3 miles each way and then we are going to walk back together once she has finished work. All this walking of course depends on the weather! Muffin baking when I get up after a lie in if its anything like usual I shall be wide awake at 5.30a.m. Hope not but if I am I will bake my muffins then :)
Fish pie delish! Have a good Friday x

Sounds like a busy day planned Chris. Like you, I'm an early riser :) Enjoy your long weekend!

Friday 14/10
Up at 8 so a nice snooze for me :) been out for a nice walk and it was lovely. Coconut muffins baked they smell delish and marrons muffins baking too. Thinking of doing some sweet quiches, eggs, cottage cheese whizzed together a bit of sweetner and good old rhubarb! So better get cracking with all the stuff I have to do - letter to write to Switzerland, phone call to a friend etc etc no time for housework <my excuse anyway>

Last edited:
Thank you Jo, a lie in for me is until 8! I feel like Ive missed half the day if I get up any later.

Snap! :)

Glad the fish pie came out well, will give it a try here, my little ones love fish (as do I)

Have a lovely weekend, let us know how the sweet quiches turn out, sound v tasty!

xx

oh they sound nice do let us know how they are .... im gonna try rhubarb muffins this week

Rhubarb quiches OK but could really taste the sweetner <perhaps too sweet > the ghost in our house had eaten the cottage cheese that was in the fridge! so did them without - might have another go today
love rhubarb and its really good in our normal muffins :)

Saturday 15/10 PV
I decided to get weighed this morning rather than tomorrow while im out tonight for a meal (usually have a PP on sat) anyway ive down to 13.7 ................ so 2 stone gone!!!!!!!!! how good is this diet
<bleep bleep fantastic> :) so meal out tonight looked at the menu and its steak and salad I think, wonder if my friends will notice how much weight ive lost. ;)

Back