Cruise PV ChrisR dukan journey

Thursday 25/4 PV
A good day yesterday setting up at Harrogate - weather atrocious .......... shame if its the same today for all the visitors to the show. Our Lizzie and Walt's cape look fabulous, the students worked really well and are a credit to us. As a team we are really pleased with how it went so fingers crossed we get a prize but really we dont need a medal to know how hard we worked and our sense of achievement x

our lizzie.jpg

Hope its going ok chris i can smell the flowers! Sounds terrific

Do you have a yoghurt recipe that works, ive got a yohhurt maker but it uses sachets and id like to try it from scratch. But the last few goes its separated or just not set properly, which is a pain and such a waste. Love 0% total but its getting v pricy...

Are you ready for conso? Wont be long now, by the look of your stats

Hi ST yes Im ready I think - a bit apprehensive but I will be able to get my head around it - 1lb to go then I will be asking you a few no many questions ;) cant wait for some fruit ........... Ive just bought the lakeland yog maker and its fab. 1 litre of UHT skimmed milk, 1 Tbl starter yog and 2 Tbl of skimmed milk powder. Leave machine on for 8 - 10 hours usually overnight, stir then strain through muslin ....... I too love the 0% but so expensive as we all like to eat it here (prefer muffins made with thick yog too). The machine is worth £19.99 and I bought an extra pot too.

Must get ready for work hope I can get through the day with level 2 students without falling asleep - ha ha ............ i shall report back tonight if we've won anything ....... exciting stuff xxx

fingers crossed for you :D

Looks fantastic - well done to you all - hope you get the awards you hope for! You must be worn out so hope you also get some r and r this weekend. My fingers, toes, legs and arms are crossed for WI on Sunday xxxx

Hope you get good results too. You have put a lot of work in,

I've tried the muffins with your receipe, they turned out great but I'm afraid I can't take to them at all. This 'bran' thing is getting me down. The way some people yum yum yum the muffins you would think they were biting into a sponge or madiera mixture... I wish.
I think the easiest way to get it in is mixed with yoghurt, so onwards and upwards.
Was going to make some porridge with oatmeal and add some oatbran to it, the oatbran on its own made into porridge is very heavy I find...

I am 'trawling' through the threads though, still looking for ideas. You are a great inspiration so I hope you make your target real, real sool.

Lyonsie,what a shame you can't get away with the bran, keep looking you'll find a recipe that you like x in the mean time like you said put in in your yoghurt, x

We got 'GOLD' apparently we were 2 points off Best in Show ........... The Black Death won it. But we are very chuffed to get Gold the first time we did it .......... proud of our lovely talented students and proud of ourselves too - might do it again now - thanks everyone for your words of encouragement

Chris congratulations to you and your students xxx best in show....that's yours next year xxx

Hope you get good results too. You have put a lot of work in,

I've tried the muffins with your receipe, they turned out great but I'm afraid I can't take to them at all. This 'bran' thing is getting me down. The way some people yum yum yum the muffins you would think they were biting into a sponge or madiera mixture... I wish.
I think the easiest way to get it in is mixed with yoghurt, so onwards and upwards.
Was going to make some porridge with oatmeal and add some oatbran to it, the oatbran on its own made into porridge is very heavy I find...

I am 'trawling' through the threads though, still looking for ideas. You are a great inspiration so I hope you make your target real, real sool.

Oatbran is vital on this diet Lyon so anyway is best for you to get it down your neck! I prefer muffins because they are easy to make can be frozen and easy to take to work. Oatmeal is not the same and shouldnt be eaten only 1tbl wheatbran a day as a tolerant. It took me ages to get used to them but I'd rather have them and know Im doing the diet as it should be. Pre Dukan I had porridge every morning without fail thats one thing I miss so much oatbran porridge is defo not for me - yuk. No diet is going to be the same as when not dieting it is hard ........... and with Dukan your diet has to be massively changed or it doesnt work. So keep on going love ............

Well done chris & the team :D xx when u weighing in this week? I've forgotten my specs and struggling to read minimins on my phone lol so I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Many congratulations! Fabulous result! You should be really proud!

Lyonsie, I'm completely with you on the muffins. I made 2 lots and tried to like them - as you say, they looked the job and were even quite light - but concluded they really were pretty gross. I still eat my oatbran with natural yogurt every morning, and have just started adding rhubarb stewed with sweetener which is really delicious. The Holland and Barrett oatbran is finer than the Mornflake you find in supermarkets, and if you add it to the yogurt a few minutes before eating it, it softens too. Easy to get down, and the best thing is, it really does keep the munchies at bay for hours.

Well done chris & the team :D xx when u weighing in this week? I've forgotten my specs and struggling to read minimins on my phone lol so I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you xx

Thanks Ellie, probably tomorrow morning as Im out tomorrow night looks like it'll be a STS :( though what about you? hows the virus gone I hope x

Just caught up with your week Chris, well done for getting gold. Lizzie looked fab & it must have taken hours to construct. You must be realy pleased with the result.

I do hope you don't get a STS this week, you are sooooooo close. How fabulous you must be feeling !

I lost 2lb this week which I am really pleased with. I know I haven't been eating & drinking enough especially with me going away last weekend.

Fingers crossed for Sunday's WI x

Just caught up with your week Chris, well done for getting gold. Lizzie looked fab & it must have taken hours to construct. You must be realy pleased with the result.

I do hope you don't get a STS this week, you are sooooooo close. How fabulous you must be feeling !

I lost 2lb this week which I am really pleased with. I know I haven't been eating & drinking enough especially with me going away last weekend.

Fingers crossed for Sunday's WI x

Thanks Jo thats great losing 2lbs - love this diet even though these last 2 are being stubborn, I'm happy doing what I'm doing so not too desperate 'YET' - so looking forward to a strawberry ;) x

friday 27/4 PP
Running around like a headless chicken sort of day - dentist this morning, shopping, sorting office to collect parcel, post office to post parcels, more shopping, fill car up with petrol and inbetween all this I've taken my son to the train station, put washing in, take washing out, cooked lunch and tonights meal, cleaned the lounge and kitchen and now I'm about to change the beds, then drop my daughter off later at her friends in the next town .......... could a man do all that well ........ MrR in particular the answer is NO!
Ive had a moan hope everyone's day has been good. Today its been muffins, roast chicken and later our Trudy's mince flan - MrR loves it.
More time tomorrow to catch up with what everyone has been doing this past week - hope its all good. BFN x

Won't be able to weigh till Monday chris as not going back up the road till Sunday. Eating has been good last few days but not drinking enough
Virus getting better but my ear popped in asda tonight and I'm now deaf lol

Fingers crossed for WI Chris - hope it is at least another pound!!! WELL DONE with Lizzie - that is wonderful news and such a boost for the students and tutors alike - really cool to have your great work recognised - as everyone says bet you will come up with a bumper idea for next year and steal best in show! Hope you have a lovely weekend Chris. x

Back