Christell, wkdstepmum or other shredders!

wheesht

Just keep swimming...
Just a bit of reassurance and info required please!

Am on day 3 of level 1 on Shred. Has been ok so far and have managed right through without stopping (except for the planks - I have NO upper body strength!).

But this morning had to really drag myself through it, and two hours later am still feeling totally washed out and weak, like it has drained ALL my energy.

Is this normal? Or is it a sign I am overdoing it? Should I have a rest day tomorrow or just push on through it?

And, will it get easier and, if so, when???!

It's a pretty intense work out - when I was doing Lighterlife I was advised not to do it because I was on too few calories.
Once I upped my calories I found by about day 3 or 4 it got a bit easier. Make sure you eat something an hour or so in advance. I'm new to Dukan so am
Not really up on how many calories etc we're on but I'd listen to your body and if you're suffering then have a rest day or so. I know lots of people who have successfully done this exercise DVD but not followed it every day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just so I know, what exactly is a shredder?

Sorry, people who are doing The Shred dvd. We aren't passing ourselves through a crosscut paper cutter in order to lose more weight, honest! :D

Thanks umm. I've been doing it first thing, before breakfast, which might not be the brightest idea thinking about it. Feeling fine now and full of life again but it did floor me this morning.

Will have my breakfast first tomorrow before attempting it again and see how I get on.

PASS THROUGH! That's what I did anyway and let me tell you I was in pieces until Day 5 of Level 1...after that I couldn't believe the strength and energy I had! Of course, different strokes for different folks and if you feel that you can't manage it then listen to your body x

Hey you! I would push through it BUT I would eat something first...that'll give you more energy. Also eat something just after if you can.
I lost 2 cm on my waist after completing level 1& 2 - so push through, i know you can do it!!!- hey, How hard is the last strength exercise on circuit 3 - side lunge with the arm Raise?!?!?!!!
PS - I am on level 3 - OH MY GOD!!!- it's practically torture!! ;)

PASS THROUGH! That's what I did anyway and let me tell you I was in pieces until Day 5 of Level 1...after that I couldn't believe the strength and energy I had! Of course, different strokes for different folks and if you feel that you can't manage it then listen to your body x

That's just what I needed to hear :D

Okay, tomorrow will be day 4, so only another 2 days of sheer hell! ;)

And will eat beforehand too.

Oh whilst you are here being so helpful, did you storm through the 30 days without a break or did you have rest days? Not quite clear on this.

Hey you! I would push through it BUT I would eat something first...that'll give you more energy. Also eat something just after if you can.
I lost 2 cm on my waist after completing level 1& 2 - so push through, i know you can do it!!!- hey, How hard is the last strength exercise on circuit 3 - side lunge with the arm Raise?!?!?!!!
PS - I am on level 3 - OH MY GOD!!!- it's practically torture!! ;)

Thanks so much! I will do exactly as you say oh wise one :D

It's all ok EXCEPT for the first plank push ups which I am absolutely hopeless at, and yes, those arm raises are an absolute KILLER! I can do them all but by the end I am shrieking!

Planning to do 10 days of all 3 levels - does that sound ok or am I likely to need longer/less time d'you think?

And what the heck do you do after the 30 days? Start all over again? :eek:

Thanks so much! I will do exactly as you say oh wise one :D

It's all ok EXCEPT for the first plank push ups which I am absolutely hopeless at, and yes, those arm raises are an absolute KILLER! I can do them all but by the end I am shrieking!

Planning to do 10 days of all 3 levels - does that sound ok or am I likely to need longer/less time d'you think?

And what the heck do you do after the 30 days? Start all over again? :eek:

That's how you're supposed to do it, ten days per level.

I stayed on level 3 after I finished the 30 days (no gap, was really surprised with myself, I would've normally given up by day 5 or something)! I've since quit and wanted to start again now I'm on Dukan, I started Level 1 the other day and gave up, I just don't have enough energy on DD to complete it! I need my carbs :mad:

That's how you're supposed to do it, ten days per level.

I stayed on level 3 after I finished the 30 days (no gap, was really surprised with myself, I would've normally given up by day 5 or something)! I've since quit and wanted to start again now I'm on Dukan, I started Level 1 the other day and gave up, I just don't have enough energy on DD to complete it! I need my carbs :mad:

Ooo well done bijoux. Did you find it made a difference in toning up?

I felt like I didn't have enough energy today - so think I will have porridge in the morning before starting. Maybe the small carb fix will help.

Ooo well done bijoux. Did you find it made a difference in toning up?

I felt like I didn't have enough energy today - so think I will have porridge in the morning before starting. Maybe the small carb fix will help.

Didn't really tone me up per se, as I have alot of fat to get rid of :eek: I could feel the muscle under all my stomach flab getting harder but obviously you can't see it. I did lose 2-4 inches around my bust, waist and hips though :D put them all back on again since then ('then' being ~April time) but it's coming off on DD now, 2inches on most places on my body :D

Here's hoping! I managed to get back into some size 14s (been wearing 16-18s) yesterday! Tres happy bijouxdolly! Now where's my 30DS DVD...

I have done 10 days on each level but I only do it Mon-Fri then Sat and Sun I take a long power walk with the pram and dog!
Hope I won't get bored of it, don't know what I will do if I don't do this DVD!!! :)
Xx

Is this normal? Or is it a sign I am overdoing it? Should I have a rest day tomorrow or just push on through it?

And, will it get easier and, if so, when???!

If your body is telling you to stop, I suggest you stop. It's important that the body has rest days in order to recover and mend itself otherwise you could be prone to injury. I used to be a major gym bunny and one week I went about 5 times but was so weak I couldn't do any exercise. So just have a day off, it won't do any harm and will enable you to do the rest of your DVD with renewed vigour!

If your body is telling you to stop, I suggest you stop. It's important that the body has rest days in order to recover and mend itself otherwise you could be prone to injury. I used to be a major gym bunny and one week I went about 5 times but was so weak I couldn't do any exercise. So just have a day off, it won't do any harm and will enable you to do the rest of your DVD with renewed vigour!

Thanks speccy. I was meant to go to zumba last night, but still felt really weak and a bit shaky so gave it a miss :( Didn't want to risk any injuries and am really glad I didn't go.

But today I feel great! So did do the dvd early this morning and got on fine :) Struggled a bit with the first cardio section (it always seems to be the hardest - those skipping jumps are murder on my calves) but other than that, steamed through it! Did have something to eat beforehand and after and that definitely helped.

Will have a day off this weekend I think to recover, as you suggest. Thanks again!

Back