Christines Refeed Week

Christine456

Well I dont start my refeed till this coming Saturday, but thought I would start this thread off in preparation for that.

Ive already done my refeed food plan for the week and plan to go and buy just what I need for the week on Saturday morning.

Looking forward to start introducing food into my body again.

Roll on Saturday :)

good luck - one of the most exciting things for me was wandering around the supermarket buying real food again. My hubby has been so good over the last few months usually eating ready meals with veg and cooking his own dinners. I am also enjoying preparing meals again. Enjoy the last few days on the diet.

thanks! :)

Ive prepared my shopping list and it will be since to go to then shops like you have said to buy food for yourself and actually eat it.

Im absolutely adamant that I will only purchase exactly what I need for a week!!

Enjoy the shopping!

Good for you for planning ahead. It really is so important both for refeed and for maintenance too!
Good luck for Saturday!!

Woooo! You start tomorrow! That's brilliant. Good luck :) Xx

thank you!

Ive just printed off my shopping list for tomorrow - meal plans all done in readiness for tomorrow start of my refeed.

Im going to get my final TFR weigh in in the morning and then refeed starts tomorrow wooohooo, cant believe Ive reached this stage already, the past 8 weeks have flown over!!

How did the weigh in go Christine? Good luck today, we're all behind you! Xx

Well I went for my final TFR weigh in this morning and I have lost another 4lbs this week which now makes me 10st 3lbs, which would mean that I have lost 2st 5lbs (33lbs) in 7 weeks and 5 days woop, majorly proud of myself )))) 65kg's now instead of 79.9 ))))

Started my refeed today too, so heres how it went......

Day 1

Breakfast: Lipotrim Shake

Lunch: Lipotrim Shake

Dinner: Chicken breast (butterflyed then rolled into a sausage, wrapped in cling film and simmered in a pan of hot water – you can also do this and stuff the chicken before you roll it with spinach, feta cheese or whatever you want to put in it before you cook it this way – I pitched the idea of an episode of come dine with me lol – don’t add the cheese on refeed week though, or at least in the first part of the week), cauliflower, broccoli and some frozen garden peas

Water (ltrs): 4ltrs water, 4 black decaf coffees

Snacks: 0

Feelings: I wasn’t looking forward to eating I have to say, it almost felt like I was cheating in some way. I looked at the food on my plate for ages and played with it a bit before I put any in my mouth, but once I got started it was ok. I found myself chewing each piece of food in my mouth for ever before I swallowed it. I added a little bit of sea salt and black pepper. The food tasted amazing, I don’t remember that kind of food tasting like that before lol

About an hour after I finished eating I got some pains in my stomach, it was if my stomach was saying to me “what the hell are you doing to me”?, now around 2 hours after eating, my stomach still feels a little odd.

I don’t feel ill or anything like that, I just feel strange lol – onwards and upwards anyway, lets see what tomorrow brings.

The weird tummy is normal. It takes time to readjust to digesting food. It will settle pretty quickly.

Hi Christine, just seen this. Keep us updated uv done so well & itl be great to hear how u get on. It must be really weird eating again & even plain food must taste amazing!xx

Well done x

Here is day 2's update!

Day 2

Lunch: Haddock, cauliflower, Garden Peas

Dinner: Chicken (cooked in the oven in foil will a squirt of lemon juice, sprinkle sea salt, and black ground pepper ), salad consisting of 4 cherry tomatoes, ¼ cucumber (peeled), couple of thin slices of red onion, 1 mushrooms sliced, ramini lettuce and half a lemon, juiced over the lot, small splash of sea salt.

Water: (ltrs): 4L water, 5 black decaf coffees

Feelings: I wasn’t ready for lunch, didn’t feel hungry , it was getting towards 2pm so decided I really should try and eat even though I didn’t really want it – the food went down well, but again I found myself chewing and chewing every single bit that went in my mouth.

Really wasn’t ready for dinner, didn’t feel hungry, but ended up having it at 7.30pm. It took me 30 minutes to eat, chew chew chew, and it wasn’t because the meat was tough or anything, I just found myself chewing every piece of food that went into my mouth over and over again! Tummy is feeling a little strange again, cant explain it really, I don’t feel full or bloated etc, it just seems to be saying to me “what the hell are you doing”? – Anyway, tomorrow is another day.

Well done Christine - you are doing really well. Isn't it funny how suddenly you really appreciate every mouthful of food you eat. I so want to keep this up and enjoy my food rather than bolt it down and not taste it. Good luck with the rest of the week.

I hope I feel like that and eat my food slowly cos I so didn't before Lipotrim so il try and make sure I eat slowly when I refeed.
I think il be happy just to taste each and every mouthful.
Thanks for keeping us updated it's a real help x

Here's day 3's menu....

Day 3

Lunch: Chicken (cooked in the oven in foil will a squirt of lemon juice, sprinkle sea salt, and black ground pepper ), salad consisting of 4 cherry tomatoes, ¼ cucumber (peeled), couple of thin slices of red onion, 1 mushrooms sliced, ramini lettuce and half a lemon, juiced over the lot, small splash of sea salt.

Dinner: 2 Quorn sausages with onion and mushrooms cooked in balsamic vinegar and water, a small sweet potato, cooked in the microwave and 4 asparagus tips

Water: (ltrs): 4L water, 6 decaf black coffees

Feelings: Lunch was a bit difficult to eat, I started eating it at 1.30pm and finished it at 2.15pm, there was a 15 min break in between because I had to do something in work that took me away from my desk. After dinner I felt contented with the food, stomach wasn’t too bad, better than yesterday.
Dinner, I wasn’t really hungry at all, I started eating at 6.00pm and finished it at 6.20pm, though I didn’t feel bloated after I finished, about 30 minutes later I felt my stomach starting to grow and gurgle a bit, maybe this is because it was first encounter of carbs? I don’t know!
Onwards and upwards, let’s see what tomorrow brings.

Sounds lovely!x

Days 4's menu....

Day 4

Lunch: 2 slices of weight watchers bread, on one of the slices I spread the smallest amount of horseradish sauce, 4 slices or wafer thin lean ham and salad, salad was 4 cherry tomatoes, quarter of cucumber, couple slices red onion, lettuce.

Dinner: Chicken with vegetable stir fry cooked in small amount of balsamic vinegar and water with a dash of hot chilli sauce, spinach.

Water (ltrs): 4L water, 6 decaf black coffees

Snacks: 6 green grapes and 2 tablespoons of natural low fat yoghurt

Feelings: I wasn’t ready for lunch at 1pm, wasn’t hungry, but started to eat it anyway because I want to get used to eating lunch around this time so that I can eat dinner around 6pm as I hate eating after that time because I don’t like going to bed still with the feeling of food in my stomach. I really enjoyed lunch. I had my grapes around 3pm.

I started dinner at 6pm and finished it at 6.25pm; again I wasn’t hungry but ate it anyway. I need to get used to putting food into my body again. I had the yoghurt about one hour after my dinner.

Roll on tomorrow .....

You're doing really well Christine! Hang in there :) It's all looking fab and you'll find your way with the food eventually! I have lol. Xx

Well done Christine - your tum will soon get use to the food. It is good to be able to eat your meals slowly and might be part of the reason you are feeling full. I think we got so use to bolting our food that we didn't give our brains time to register we were full. Now they register we are full before we have eaten too much!! I still haven't tried bread yet!

Back