Christmas 2011!!

Hi NatashaGabrielle

CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED!!!!!!

There is only me and my brother this Christmas! My Nana died of cancer 2 months ago and she ALWAYS cooked me and my brother Christmas dinner! Last year we spent the whole day at hers even tho she was ill and we wore hats out the Christmas crackers, we laughed as she put it on her bald head and it kept falling off. She made Christmas special and always filled her house with lovely treats and she always bought so many wonderful yummy things to eat! My mother lives in Cyprus and well thats a bit far to go for xmas dinner haha (altho she did try)! So this year i have a plan of Action! Andreas (my bf) his mother really would like him to go spend Christmas with her in London and i am ok with that. My brother is going to his friends over Christmas and i am spending the day on my own like ANY other normal day. Sit watch a few Christmas films, drink my water and have my shakes!!

Now NEXT year when i reach my goal i am going to go away with my bf for Christmas somewhere amazing and snowy in a little log cabin hehe! Going to meet my family out there like my mum and REALLY enjoy next Christmas, after all its ONE day i am sure i can get over it and just stick to it for this ONE year! I know if i break it i might undo all my hard work and i will find it hard to start again.... so SS all the way for me!!

Good luck to you all i am sure u will all do amazing :) xxx

So sorry for your loss dear :bighug:but I suppose you can use this time for quiet reflection and wonderful memories. Don't feel alone, chat to us here, I will certainly plug into the forum inbetween cooking etc. I will look out for you.
We are having a quiet Xmas, just hubby, daughter and myself. They are not big eaters so it will be small and delightful.
It will actually be our first Xmas together in years as usually we are all working....so yay!! :4616:

Mishie - congrats for reaching your target. Spangles and Natasha im with you both- sole source all the way

Can't believe it is only 12days till Christmas eve where has this year gone? How are people getting on with Christmas shopping?

Sounds a plan Loveloveyy what is you goal weight? How much further do you have to go now?

only 5 days till christmas now looking forward to a week off work :) what are people doing over the festive period ?

Eeeeek. Last night I very nearly caved (first time) !! I felt soooo hungry and cold. Tried to watch telly and goodness (badness) so much cooking of food, eating of food, preparing food, decorating food, talking of food, grilling, baking, mixing...aaaaaargh!!:pcwhack:

Went to bed :nightf: !!!

well done you for making a sensible choice great will power :) It is soo hard at this time of year with all the temptations we just need to be strong :)

I've not been strong :( i just feel so guilty for eating and drinking :( I already planned to have Christmas Day and Boxing Day off plan but last week i knocked myself out of ketosis for my works christmas party and i've pretty much been naughty since then....not really naughty just a little bit here and there, i weighed yesterday and i've put on a pound in the last week so not really bad but enough to make me feel bad.......i've been good since yesterday so hopefully will drop my pound again lol. I wanted to maintain if i could over Christmas so hopefully this has been a wake up call !!

Hi Emsiem,
Well done for seeing a positive side to it :) you have not lost it completely as you are still in the right frame of mind :) I would get Christmas out of the way now maybe do 810 until then then straight head focused back on the plan again. You have had such a great loss soo far no point in ruining all your efforts now :) Keep going till the end after christmas we are all with you

Back