Christmas 8 Week Challenge

ange s

Calling all RC followers!!

It's been far too quiet on here, including me, I must admit I've been feeling a little de-motivated of late. I achieved my 1 and a half stone on Tuesday, that's since the end of May 2012 - woo hoo! :bliss:I started out with a goal of 9st 7lb, so that would be 8lb to go but after looking at BMI it would still be on the high side for my height. So I have had to come to terms with the fact that it's more like another 14lb to go or more, we'll see nearer the time! I always work in half stone goals anyway, it really shouldn't phase me as much as it is at the moment!

My consultant is running a Christmas challenge, to lose 7lbs in 7 weeks, if we complete it we enter a draw with cash prize - woooo hoo! Wouldn't be able to offer cash prizes on here but I thought maybe we could do a similar challenge to boost our spirits and encourage each other in the lead up to Christmas.

I worked out that from Monday 29th October to Monday 24th December it's 8 weeks, v scary! How about a little Christmas Challenge to see if we can each lose 7lbs by then? or 10lbs which is apparently a dress size? Whatever you like! Just let us know how you're doing each week for the next 8 weeks starting Monday.

Any takers?!! :26:Ange xx

Last edited:
Hi ange :)
This is one quiet forum! hopefully more will partake in the run up to xmas.
I'm definately in, I want to lose 1 stone in these 8 weeks as I have more to lose and only just started so I think thats achievable

Well done on your weightloss so far. Hopefully others will join us in shedding some lbs before Xmas :) x

This could be just what i need to refocus!! I am only aiming for 1lb a week and even that is difficult, so I would love to join in and hopefully kick start the weight loss. Looking forward to Monday now. x

Hi. I have not posted for quite a while,but have started rc yesterday. I would love to join on if thats ok with you guys :). Would love to lose 14lbs for xmas. Have a great weekend. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Well after a really bad couple of weeks, i have only put on 0.5lbs so actually quite pleased, but heres to next week and a weight loss. I am aiming for a 1lb loss so i will write everything down this week and plan!!

Good luck everyone.

Hey all,

Mind if I join you? Starting back on rc in the morning so could really do with something like this to keep me focused. I'm hoping to lose 14lbs in the run up to xmas and as I'm starting afresh with quite a bit of weight to lose I don't think its to much to ask of myself.

Hope your all doing well and on track, good luck with your journeys,

Dan x

Good morning all,

I hope you're all feeling good today!

Yesterday evening I went to a work pub quiz which included food, I knew it would be bad food but there was little I could do unless I sat there watching everyone else eat whilst nibbling on an RC nutrition bar.... like that was ever going to happen!! On my way home I was feeling a bit guilty filling in my food diary - then I remembered that actually, my food during the day was good, I didn't have any of the biscuits or ferraro roche that someone had brought in and I stuck to my 2 gin and slimline tonics that I'd allowed myself for the evening, so why was I feeling so guilty?!!

Isn't it strange how we focus on what we've done badly instead of what we have achieved? So from now until next weigh in I'm going to pick one good thing I've achieved each day and note it down!

Happy Thursday!

Ange x

Hey all,

Well its my official day 1 today so weighed myself this morning and starting at 15st 5lbs:( think I can definately lose that 14lbs if I put my mind to it! Going to give myself a smaller goal aswell of getting into the 14's by the end of nov. This may sound small but its been about 6 years since the last time I saw 14 something on the scales so would be a big deal for me.

Think your on to something there AngeS with regards to looking at the positive things instead of the negative ones. I always look at how bad I've been or how I could of done better instead of the good things I've done and the small changes I've made. At least if I'm looking at the positives no matter how small ill b less inclined to comfort myself with chocolate like I do when I constantly look at the negatives. (Hope that makes sense lol).

Good luck all,
Dan x

First weigh in of xmas challenge for me and i've lost 2 1/2.....hurray im really pleased :)....11 1/2 to go. Good luck everyone.x

Hi, can I join?

I've found my way back here again after messing around for so long and with so many different diets. I've got to stop switching every three hours as I'm getting no where!

I'm aiming for 10lb for Christmas. I know that's not a lot for someone of my size, but I have successfully put on 2 stone I. The last year or so whilst trying to lose, so 10lb loss will be a miracle!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Course you can. The more the merrier ;) thanks for your kind comments everyone. Xx

Hey firfenwen,

You sound just like me, in this last year I've switched diets from ww, sw etc non stop and has got me nowhere:(

I started back on rc yesterday and although its a quiet forum and there's no groups by me I'm determined not to switch this time.

Hopefully we can help keep each other on track.

Hope everyone else is doing well, good luck all,

Dan x

Dan, its good to know I'm not alone in the switching thing! I'm going to stick to it rigidly too from the personal cal allowance part as the 1200 cal part is torture for me at over 19 stone!

I too do it alone. The class near me is at a time I can't get to so I subscribe to the mag, watch the tv channel, and do the DVDs. Looking forward to the new Kardy O Fun dvd that should be out soon!

hiya i did the kardy o fun at my last class and it was fab- sure you'll enjoy it :)

5lbs down this week, still lots to go. was hoping for a stone by xmas, so technically 9lbs to go- but if i can lose a little more i'll be chuffed

hope its going well for everyone x

Well done. Thats a fab result...must dust my wi fit down and get off my wobbly botty :) x

im the same i got a kinect and the biggest loser workout convinced i'd go on it everyday and ive used it about 3 times in the last 6 months lol

hows are you finding it? x

Back