Christmas Abstainers?

nzmegs

Silver Member
Even though I will only be starting Lighter Life this week, I already know I will be abstaining on Christmas Day. (I am considering the merits of wine/sparkling water spritzers though...)

It was a hard decision to make, but I really thought hard about it and decided that I didn't want to end up another half a stone heavier than now - making the whole dieting process even longer.

The only thing is that now I have to tell my MIL that I will not be eating her wonderful Xmas meal. I fear it might be hard for other people to understand. They will all push food at me and it will be hard.

I have asked my husband to furnish me with lots of lovely non-food presents to make the day seem a little more special.

If you are planning on abstaining or at least cutting back - what tips or tricks do you have and what plans have you made to make it easier?

I thought that my family might be a bit tricky. However, they have all been very supportive. I am getting a weird sense of satisfaction in cooking for other people. So I will be running around in my aunt and uncle's house feeding everyone else and making them cocktails :)

My uncle did suggest that they should all have a shake for dessert to keep me company, but he was quickly shouted down lol.

Debbi, you might even make it to goal before Christmas. What a wonderful present you have given to yourself! Well done on your progress.

I intend to be completely abstinent at Christmas. No food nor alcohol. How well do you get on with your inlaws? If you get on well with them then you are more likely to get support than if you don't. You will have to put on plenty of smiles to show you are enjoying yourself, because a lot of people think if you are not eating or drinking you cannot possibly be enjoying yourself.

Fortunately on Christmas day and Boxing day we are going with family and friends to pubs for lunches. I phoned both pubs and explained that I have a medical condition where I can only eat the food packs provided for me so would not be eating, but I would like to join my friends and family. They were both happy to save a place for me and understood I would not be ordering. In fact they were very sympathetic and hoped I would be better soon. Lol, I hope so too but I don't think I will be where I need to be until next summer.

I am doing the entertaining on Boxing Day evening.

You could do LL light for that day. Having your 4 packs and just a low carb meal.

Debbi, you might even make it to goal before Christmas. What a wonderful present you have given to yourself! Well done on your progress.

Thanks megs. Well, I will have reached my target of losing 70lbs, but I do want to lose a bit more. I havent updated my ticker, as I dont actually know how much more I want to lose. I think I'll be taking it on a week to week basis.

Its very nice to think about what I'll be wearing for once in my life!! lol

Back