Christmas - Are you staying on the SW plan or allowing yourself a couple of days off?

Am not new to the site I signed up a while ago and forgot my password but am back! At target 6 1/2 stone lighter and so much happier! I won't be staying on plan over Christmas and my Christmas party nights out but my plan Is to get the 3lbs under target so I can enjoy Christmas Eve Christmas Day and Boxing Day then il be back on plan until New Year's Eve that's what I did last year and it worked fine

I want to stay on plan, I'm not a huge fan of roast dinners anyway, so it will be the usual baked spud and turkey for me and hubbie will dig into the usual turkey/roasties etc. I'm going to Florida for three weeks on Jan 9th so I need to keep some naughty eating in reserve :D

Am not new to the site I signed up a while ago and forgot my password but am back! At target 6 1/2 stone lighter and so much happier! I won't be staying on plan over Christmas and my Christmas party nights out but my plan Is to get the 3lbs under target so I can enjoy Christmas Eve Christmas Day and Boxing Day then il be back on plan until New Year's Eve that's what I did last year and it worked fine

Thats my plan too. I've lost almost five stones and feel terrific, but I'd be lying if I said I'll stay entirely on plan for the Christmas holiday. I shall only take Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day and then be back on plan the very next day. This has worked for me with holidays and weekends away, and as someone else said earlier, you have to enjoy these special family times. I think I know my SW plan well enough to incorporate some healthy swaps even into those 'naughty' off days. If I can get to the lower end of my target, then I can afford to ease up for a little while.

I admire anyone who manages to stay on plan over Christmas, I never do even if I plan to. I go to my parents for the holidays, my mum cooks for 14 people and can't fit special Sw roasties in the oven, so it's a normal Christmas dinner. Tbh though that's not the bit that does the damage, it's the mindset for me. If I'm not eating Sw foods I can eat anything inside my head, so go crazy on chocolate and rubbish. I'm really hoping to hit target just before Christmas so don't want to wreck it with one holiday!

Seeing as I have just had about 5 days off plan for my birthday and gained 2lbs, but then lost 4.5lbs the next week I will definitely be having some time off for xmas. I think the roasties will still be done in frylight etc - some things are adaptable, but I'm not going to stress out about it and I'll eat what I want for a few days. Seeing all the christmas chocolates in Tesco the other day was like torture though! Still a long way to go...

Personally I'll be having it off.

Well that's honesty for you. I'm the same, christmas and birthday....shame it doesn't earn you syns ;)

seriously though, it's freaky how I am writing on a thread about this topic, didn't we just talk about this? Was that a whole year ago!!??? I'll be taking christmas and Boxing Day off but sensibly so. I got sick last year as I ate too much rich food. So although I won't syn things in I will allow myself some bread and some chocolate etc. I'm better at recognising my limits these days so should be ok. I want to have a little wriggle room this year so want to be a few lbs into the 11s to allow for seasonal growth.

I'll be most likely taking Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & Boxing Day off as I'll be at the OH's mum's house this year. But I not too worried about puting too much weight on as I've had bad weeks on SW & only gained a pound & I think my mindset has changed anyway to stopping when I'm full rather than eating everything in sight!

I'm also taking part in the 12 week challenge at the mo, so I'm looking to lose a lot of weight before then anyway.

Hi!

Christmas is a very important day in our house, a huge celebration, so I will be having not only Christmas day but Christmas eve off too! Woo I'm looking forward to it, but as we don't drink alcohol (at all - ever) I don't have that issue to deal with, I'm planning on getting straight back on the plan from boxing day :)

I don't drink alcohol either little - it certainly does help I think, not only syn/calorie wise but also because it means I don't lose my food awareness lol.

I love Christmas :D Especially with the littles around, and having it tacked onto a weekend this year is fab! Four whole days off to spend with my lovely family :D

I'm another non drinker. I wonder if there is any correlation with rate of losses over time? I have no reason not to drink as such I just don't and the thought of wasting syns on non-viscous liquid (ie not oils - yummy) repels me. Haha....over dramatic? ;)

LOL re the 'wasting' syns Sam ... I don't drink because it simply doesn't agree with me - one small glass of wine and I'm either nursing a banging headache or literally asleep in the corner. Plus I hate, hate, hate being around drunk people - it's one situation where my (otherwise legendary ;) ) patience completely vanishes.

Plus I hate, hate, hate being around drunk people - it's one situation where my (otherwise legendary ;) ) patience completely vanishes.

4th non-drinker here, agree there's nothing like being "the sober one" is there?, watching friends be a bit jolly is fun but I pretty much leave as soon as the drunk stage happens!

Though I do replace alcohol with way too much food, so maybe I should take it up as a weight loss aid, one drink and I'd be out cold and unable to eat!

4th non-drinker here, agree there's nothing like being "the sober one" is there?, watching friends be a bit jolly is fun but I pretty much leave as soon as the drunk stage happens!

Though I do replace alcohol with way too much food, so maybe I should take it up as a weight loss aid, one drink and I'd be out cold and unable to eat!

I'd not thought of that! Being fast asleep in the corner would be a pretty surefire way of not eating anything from the buffet :D lololol

Wow!!

I'm pretty amazed by the amount of fellow non-drinkers :D possibly because most people can't believe that we don't drink alcohol, and we usually get the "not even at Christmas, or new year? or a little glass of wine...ect comments. They seem to be more surprised that my husband doesn't drink though. And I am always designated driver :)

I certainly make up for the abstinence of alcohol by eating, I love food so much!! I'm looking forward to indulging over Christmas Eve and Christmas day, sticking to the plan is going to get harder for me though as I always seem to have a pretty full social life around this time of year. I haven't been 'Out Out' once in either September or October, but I have three social occasions in November and two in December so far. I'll seriously have to make good choices!

:xmastree::smiley1842::109:

xx

I'm pretty amazed by the amount of fellow non-drinkers :D possibly because most people can't believe that we don't drink alcohol, and we usually get the "not even at Christmas, or new year? or a little glass of wine...ect comments. They seem to be more surprised that my husband doesn't drink though. And I am always designated driver :)

I get that too "Are you serious?" No I totally thought I'd lie to you just for the heck of it! I also don't eat chocolate, I'm sure my friends are convinced I'm Damien reincarnate!
X

I often get the impression that people feel threatened in some way by us non drinkers - like we are making some kind of moral judgement on them by not partaking lol. I've never met a smoker who would dream of trying to persuade non smokers into 'go on - it's Christmas, just have a small one' yet people do it all the time with alcohol.

Mind you, people do it with food too don't they? 'Oh go on - one chocolate/mince pie/slice of cake won't hurt' I wonder why ... and there's our question of the day :D

Another non drinker, it makes me so ill so I'm happy to pass on it?

I want that Xmas book hope to be able to make a great Xmas for us - a good holiday break be lush after this year x

Back