Christmas: Celebrating The WeMITT Way

I am loving the Leslie Sansone walking videos. I try and do the 1 mile twice a day and it's making me feel pretty good.
She is so upbeat and encouraging, I wish I'd known about her videos ages ago.
You really don't need a lot of space either which is fab because my living room is a stupid shape and how I have everything set up I don't have much exercise space (well not until I get a new sofa and re-arrange everything)

Hello Hello, decided to wander in. :D

What I'm worried about is the chocolate bomb! We always spend Christmas at OH's parents (Mine are in Switzerland and if I do it here I know I will go OTT and cook for 5 million people and the dogs will have human food for ages as well and they will also get fat and have to join slimming world with me.)
But yeah, OH's parents always buy a chocolate bomb. I know I will want it. With cream poured over.

I'm thinking I will choose carefully. Fill up my plate with christmas veg (Sprouts.. I may have to find a yummy way of cooking them before and insist on doing them..) only have one yorkie pud, only small bits of stuffing.. And flexi syn as well (I will get that chocolate bomb in!) or replace pud with something I'm allowed.. May make one of my swiss rolls as they're amazing, and I could do chocolate cream instead... hmmmm...

I'm also going to buy a lot of fruit to fill up on during the days (Went to OH's parents beginning of this month and I lost 5.5 lbs that week due to filling up on fruit) and I will also start to practise (and share ;) ) Christmas cooking/recipes but adjusted to the SW way. I love cooking so it will be something fun for me to do.

I'm thinking for cream and stuff I'll bring an aerosol container thingie of the lightest cream I can find (anchor light is 1 syn for 12.5g) so that will be better than double cream poured over pudding, and I will also look into low synned wines so I still have something to drink. :)

What I want to do is christmas sausage rolls, small ones for a syn or so each. I'm thinking pork and apple and OTT savoury (I love savoury) beef ones. I will have to start practising soon though for how many different things I want to do. :D

I now have december as a goal for getting downstairs sorted with the floors and painting of walls. And I may try to get the halls done for then as well.. And the stairs nicely carpeted. Then downstairs can be lovely and christmassy!
I want a real tree (Dogs had better not eat it) and the full works. I'm going to play christmas music 24/7 to pee off OH as well. I may start listening now!!

Heeee! Welcome to the darkside, we have fatfree and calorie free virtual christmas tree shaped cookies :D

*takes a cookie* :D

I would so love to do some festive baking but I have only just got a cooker, didn't have one for about 3 years (don't ask!) so don't even have any baking equipment in the house.

Yum cookies!!!

I would love to try to make real calorie free cookies.. hmm.. I may have to try some weird recipes!

You should kit out your kitchen! :D
I love baking. I'm happy that I've managed to make a few recipes baking wise so far :)

I really should start buying stuff for the kitchen! I have pots/pans/baking trays for meals but no mixing bowls/cookie cutters/rolling pin etc for baking. I want everything in purple!

But....what's a chocolate bomb that was mentioned in your above post??

Yum cookies!!!

I would love to try to make real calorie free cookies.. hmm.. I may have to try some weird recipes!

You should kit out your kitchen! :D
I love baking. I'm happy that I've managed to make a few recipes baking wise so far :)

Oh imagine if you could make calorie free cookies! That annoying advert came on yesterday with the Lady eating a 99cal yoghurt with a firefighter nearby and it says something like "Every woman wants a yoghurt that's only 99 calories" and I was like...surely every woman wants a yoghurt that has 0 calories? and cookies, pizza etc? Go away with your 99 calories!! :p
X

EDIT: Negative calories would be preferable!

Chocolate bomb is lovely! We had a white chocolate one last year, it has a chocolate cake inside with raspberries and more chocolate, a chocolate center, cream all through out, and then coated in a hard case of chocolate with chocolate flakes.. hmmmmm.... it is yum!!!

and lol at that advert, I agree with you though :D
Negative would be amazing.. I need to get my chefs hat on!! lol. :D
But yeah I could possibly come up with a low syn recipe.. I'll try some things out this weekend when I have the OH here as a taste tester :)

oh i love purple x x x

Got quite into the winter frame of mind this past weekend. Even went to Boyes specially to buy a winter prep book and I'm making shopping lists/prep lists (ie - ways of sorting the house for winter/to do lists etc . Have a Christmas section in it and all sorts :D This how is chuffing freezing so every little bit helps. Been reading threads like these: forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4065593 and jotting down all manner of ideas and hints for giving that bit more warmth (like bubble wrap on the windows, putting a curtain up at the front door etc)

... and now I realise that I'm getting old ;) :D

I booked Christmas Eve off work the other day, lol. We usually have a family get together at my Dad's, with a buffet. :) xx

hi psp
i agree every little helps and it looks like the cold weather coming back now saying that i like this weather lololol

I'm going to have to start christmas shopping soon!

first things first though - Shamayas 2nd birthday. I'm going to have to bake her a human cake so I can pinch some...

Shamaya is one of our dogs. :p

8FPzUBb.jpg

A cheat, but technically syn free (even though you're supposed to syn cheats but I don't and I've been fine, lol.)

plain smash, egg, sweetner, vanilla extract.. lovely dipped in banana custard muller :)

eta : just wanted to say alone they are a tad naff.. I'll have to play about with quantities but something along this line I think I can get to work.. :)
And the main bit is they crave the wanting to scoff a pack of biccies craving for me, lol

oh they look lovely x x :D

Back