Christmas Challenge?

God, I'm really clueless then. I had a quick look at your diary, and tbh, it looks pretty damn healthy to me!

How long have you been doing SW?

I just started reading the diary (thanks for the link will be to 50posts in no time me thinks :)

I see a lot of VERY high calorie stuff in your diary. (I only read a few posts will read more later tonight)

I am not an expert but its my understanding that regardless of what kind of diet you choose if you eat more calories than you can use you will gain weight.

so in essense all diets regardless of tactics must "count calories" at some point.

example on low carb diets things like chicken and hamburger are 0carb.

if I eat 3 pounds of them daily I will get fatter no matter how low carb I go.

IE I would stay away from cheddar personally. lots of calories not much nutritional value.

one of the tricks I learned is to make a small meal HUGE by adding tons of nearly calorie free foods. Example i will stuff a sandwich with shrooms tomato's and spinach. Almost too big to get in my mouth. Huge addition while adding only 40-50 calories to the sandwich. also as a side effect massive nutritional value in those things. (well no idea how good mushrooms are for you but I love them and they are low calorie)

is there a good url to read up on whatever diet your using to get the ins and outs and science involved? I know so little about this stuff I am literally going by the seat of my pants.

this time iv been doing it since i think may, i kno it like the back of my hand. i wrote down the next 4 days plans but am now counting the calories as today cals came to 2648 and my max for weight maintenence is 2626 and that wasnt including syns, so like was said whatever diet ur doing if u go over ur max cal intake u will gain whether the foods are free or not. So today i have cut out my dinner and had 2 alpen bars instead. I need to keep having the cheese/milk to get my HexA (calcium) and my HexB (fibre) intake. But i am now struggling to use my syns and keep under the 1800-2000 cals that i am trying to stick to. So in a way i am doing SW but also calorie counting as if i eat as much as i want like they say then i will just gain. hope this all makes sense xx

hiya Angel,
Was wondering if I could help but I am doing a totally different plan so found it hard to comment.
what about soups made from vegetables? Like very basic soup - chicken and whatever veg you like plus a stock cube? Or French onion soup only chopped up onion garlic and herbs beef stock and bingo!
I sometimes use really basic soups to fill me up when I might be having a munchie day.

Progresso makes some amazing evil soups for very low calories!

I love getting the Roast beef or the italian style meatball (80 cals a serving) I then nuke in 0cal butter sauce a handful of mushrooms each bowl and a can of green beans and add half to each bowl and then I add half the soup to each bowl.

VERY tasty very filling lots of nutrients and flavors and only 150calories a bowl!

I replace one lunch minimeal with a bowl and later a few hours before dinner the other bowl. with the 3rd minimeal a yogurt or a banana. so 400 calories 200calories for breakfast brings me to 600 so I have 300-400 left to spend on dinner :)

And they have enough flavors in the under 100cals a serving soup to keep things interesting.

cambels also has some nice single serving soups chicken noodle at 70 or 80 cals a cup. not very "inventive" but great when you want to nuke run to the car and have something warm to eat on the go!

Ooh, soups. They're fab for diets. I make this one, which serves 4 at 78 calories for a mahooooosive bowl! And it's so yummy.

1 red onion, chopped finely
225 g carrots, diced
3 celery sticks, sliced thinly
175 g turnip/swede, chopped finely
2 pints vegetable stock
1 tablespoon tomato puree
400 g can of chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper

Bung it all in a soup pot and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 25 mins or until the veg is cooked through. Add some herbs (I like basil and oregano) before serving.

Great for winter and gets in a fair amount of your 5 a day :)

Hey all hope everyone is doing well and losing steadily...

Another 2 lbs for me please Louise....woohoo...lol...

Jx

Right, I've made my first mini goal which was to lose a stone - so I want to try and lose another 20lbs by Christmas Eve to get me under 26 stone.

Hi all
I have put on 2lbs this week! :eek:

I made a mistake of eating too much apple and plum crumble n custard - started off oh only one small portion wont harm....then er another portion ..then oo er oh dear.:rolleyes:

So need to be good this week. More exercise and no crumble!!

I'm sure you'll be able to lose it this week :)

I STS this week, then totally broke the diet yesterday. Gah. But I def won't be craving junk after that, it was ruuuuuubbish!!

Actually hoping a day with higher calories will kick my body into gear when I'm back to 1500 calories.

Hey all, well done on all the losses and don't worry those that have put on or STS, just get right back on it...

Another lb for me Louise please....however I did have a rather large piece of birthday cake yesterday, which isn't ideal considering I am low carbing...lol....will have to be very good for the rest of the week...

Good luck everyone, not long to go now....8 weeks....eek best get some shopping done....Jx

wow way to go piink!!!!
are you going to try and aim for more when you get there!!! you have a whole 2 motnhs almost till christmas and you have 6lb to loose!! you are doing really well!!! you must be so pleased with yourself!!

Back