christmas cookies

Sam

Banned
My son asked me today if we could bake some christmas cookies together. I would really like to satisfy his wish, but nevertheless I would like to stick to the weight watchers program and be able to eat some of these cookies as well. Any by the way it doesn't matr for my son either if the cookies are low on calories.Do you know any good weight watchers recipes recipes for cookies?

Sam try this link to the weightwatchers.co.uk community. It's for oatmeal and apple cookies.

I'm sure you can adapt the recipe if you need to.

Thanks a lot for the link. I just read it and it sounds really delicious. Especially if you are an oatmeal-lover like me :) So I am definitely going to try these cookies and 7-8 points for the full recipe is not bad at all. Specially if you prepare quite small cookies! Unfortunately my son isn't too much into oatmeal. He loves chocolate. Does anybody know a chocolate chip cookie recipe which is low on points as well?

Could you not toss in some choc chips to the oatmeal one ;)

Yeah I could probably do this but what could I add to them instead of the oatmeal? Any suggestions? And then I don't know the exact amount of points anymore.
Oh and I am alomost sure that he would not eat them if there is any oatmeal in there. I mean I could try but you know how kids are. Probably he would spit it out at once and that would be such a pity.

One of my friends gave me a great recipe for cookies a few days ago and they were so delicious. So I though I just copy it for you-maybe you would like to try them as well! They are called Caramel Apple Cookies and have only a point!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar1 egg1/2 cup apple juice2-1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour1 tsp. baking soda1 tsp. ground cinnamon1/4 tsp. ground cloves1/4 tsp. salt1 medium tart apple, peeled, cored, and coarsely shredded3/4 cup golden raisins2 Tbsp. margarine1/3 cup packed light brown sugar2 Tbsp. water1-3/4 cups sifted powdered sugarFat-free milk1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350*F. Beat shortening and the 1 1/4 cups brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add egg; beat 1 minute. Add apple juice; beat at low speed until blended. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Add to egg mixture, beating at low speed until combined. Fold in apple and raisins.
Drop dough by slightly rounded tsp.fuls 1-1/2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to wire racks and cool.
[FONT=&quot]Heat margarine, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and water over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in sifted powdered sugar. If frosting begins to harden, stir in small amount of fat-free milk to make of spreading consistency. Spread cookies with Caramel Frosting and sprinkle with walnuts.[/FONT]

One of my friends gave me a great recipe for cookies a few days ago and they were so delicious. So I though I just copy it for you-maybe you would like to try them as well! They are called Caramel Apple Cookies and have only a point!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar1 egg1/2 cup apple juice2-1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour1 tsp. baking soda1 tsp. ground cinnamon1/4 tsp. ground cloves1/4 tsp. salt1 medium tart apple, peeled, cored, and coarsely shredded3/4 cup golden raisins2 Tbsp. margarine1/3 cup packed light brown sugar2 Tbsp. water1-3/4 cups sifted powdered sugarFat-free milk1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350*F. Beat shortening and the 1 1/4 cups brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add egg; beat 1 minute. Add apple juice; beat at low speed until blended. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Add to egg mixture, beating at low speed until combined. Fold in apple and raisins.
Drop dough by slightly rounded tsp.fuls 1-1/2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to wire racks and cool.
[FONT=&quot]Heat margarine, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and water over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in sifted powdered sugar. If frosting begins to harden, stir in small amount of fat-free milk to make of spreading consistency. Spread cookies with Caramel Frosting and sprinkle with walnuts.[/FONT]
sounds lovely ,thanks for thatxx

Back