Christmas Day Menu?

becciharland

Is there anyone else out there who is as sad as me, already worked out there christmas day menu???

Starters - Prawn cocktail (sauce on the side) & Free chicken liver pate with HEX Toast :)

Main - Massive turkey crown, joes sausage meat stuffing and joes sausages wrapped in bacon, roast pots and parsnips (not for me) all the normal veg topped off with lashings of gravy (syn'd)

Pudding - Syn free Panna cotta with a syn free toffee sauce and fresh fruit (others xmas pud and triffle yuck ;) )

I think ive covered everything,

Whats everyone else having?? xx

Wow your really organised I've not really thought about it yet but yours sounds yummy

becciharland said:
Is there anyone else out there who is as sad as me, already worked out there christmas day menu???

Starters - Prawn cocktail (sauce on the side) & Free chicken liver pate with HEX Toast :)

Main - Massive turkey crown, joes sausage meat stuffing and joes sausages wrapped in bacon, roast pots and parsnips (not for me) all the normal veg topped off with lashings of gravy (syn'd)

Pudding - Syn free Panna cotta with a syn free toffee sauce and fresh fruit (others xmas pud and triffle yuck ;) )

I think ive covered everything,

Whats everyone else having?? xx

How do you make syn free toffee sauce please? xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Sounds lovely! Do you plan on sticking to the 15syns or will you use flexisyns? It would be some achievement to stick to the plan 100% on christmas day but I think if someone is determined enough itis doable. Does anyone have a low syn recipe for a sausage stuffing please its the one thing I dont think I can foresake!

Mine will be the usual M and S traditional lunch,over cooked by my Mother, plonked on my Mothers table, and all trotting off into my mothers dishwasher,whilst I grab my coat to escape back home ;)

im going to be experimenting over the next few weeks to find a lush dessert this weekend im trying a trifle just to see how low i can get the syns by making a custard with eggs sweetner and milk sugar free jelly and the sugar free dream topping my main course will be sw friendly as always its all the other stuff that will temp me :(

I've bought the new Christmas recipe book so am going to try some of those recipes beforehand and see what I fancy. The main meal won't be a big problem as I'm not a big meat eater and don't have gravy so I have saved myself a lot of work with those. Will be having the little extras though like stuffing (must find a low syn recipe!).

Well done Becci for being so organised. :)

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast

Dinner: I always bake a ham before christmas, so a nice couple of slices of that, my HEXa of cheese, my HEXb as 'crackers' (3 pagen krisprolls/3 multigrain ryvita/etc) and lots of pickled onions and gherkins

Good for you in planning ahead and being so positive- many people focus on what they CAN'T have, but you are absolutely right in celebrating all the wonderful things you CAN

xxx

I've got the new Christmas book & I think I'll do a chicken rather than a turkey. Going to do the mushroom soup and a full fat tiramisu for dessert. Rest of it will be sw friendly, probably the usual sausage sandwiches for lunch:)

There is a syn free toffee apple tread somewhere i done..... I will use that toffee sauce, but not boil it so its as thick :)

Do you plan on sticking to the 15syns or will you use flexisyns?/QUOTE]
As you can see i am only using very low syns..... I must say i am a nightmare for syns.... I never have enough as i like to stay on plan (well most weeks lol) so i will treat xmas day as any other day..... as long as im not sitting around getting bored ill be fine..... I will prob treat myself to 5-6 roses. I use my syn's flexi...... i normally like to get them out of the way on a weekend (WI Satuday morning) then when monday is here its back to normal, plus i always have left overs just in case of treats, meals out etc. Hope this helps.

Will be having the little extras though like stuffing (must find a low syn recipe!).
There is a FREE one in the christmas book.....ill upload it later and add a link on here for you all.

Its my birthday and we go to my mums, so i admit i am totally of plan all day :eek:
i dont pig out on chocs or anything like that but i do have a good dinner with xmas pudding and custard (my fav bit of dinner)

I'm glad you started this thread, I'm hosting Christmas dinner for the first time as I managed to get Christmas Day off work for the first time in 3 years, we've got a tiny house and 9 guests (well one will only be 2 months old so doesn't really count!), have never cooked for that many and have only cooked about 2 roasts in my life so starting to panic!

I bought the Christmas book last night so hoping to get some ideas... Any tips on how to make it a stress free day?!

Anyway it's got to beat last years.. This is what we got given at work followed by a prepacked sandwich at lunch (the Late shifts got a microwave meal):

Attachments

• image-3851506593.jpg
    image-3851506593.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 355
:xmastree: I was going to take Christmas Day 'off' at the least but having read an article last night that the average person puts on 5lb over Christmas :)faint2:) , I now won't be eating whatever I want given that it would take me a month to lose that!

So I will be having (Green):

B - Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbreads (HEX B), 28g Cheese (HEX A) - I used to have cream crackers and cheese but this will be an acceptable syn free alternative

Dinner - Quorn Family Roast, carrot and swede mash, potatoes parboiled and then roasted in frylight, dried peas, brussels sprouts, a couple of 1 syn yorkies, beetroot, pickles, a couple of syns worth of gravy :48:
Desert - Not sure when I will have this but it will be a low syn chocolate brownie (from Kwise's recipes) or maybe a low syn homemade cheesecake possibly with some low cal ice cream

Tea - Picky bits! So maybe a quorn sandwich to use my other HEX B, cold roast potatoes or maybe even some slimming world chips, with more pickles and beetroot. Mmmm... :smiley1842:

I might however do more of a 'buffet' type thing with syn free onion bhajis, coleslaw, pasta salads, quiche etc

I think I will try to stick to 15 syns but will allow myself a little flexibility without going mad. So I will make some ferrero rocher sweets to keep the syns low too. We normally get a couple of tins of quality streets given so I hope this doesnt happen this year as I would literally eat them until I feel sick. This year I want to be more in control by having lots of low syn snacks to hand.

Ooh I cant wait! :eating:

Last edited:
I always have the same, so it's going to be pretty easy for me. Only the main course needs a few tweaks.

For starter I have a melon boat, topped with berries.

Main course will be turkey, mountains of brussel sprouts and carrots, roast potatoes and parsnips done the SW way ;) a few low Syn sausages and bacon and lashings of gravy (Synned of course!)

For dessert I usually have a Morrisons smart choices Christmas pud. I had this when I was doing WW and it was pretty low in points - now just to work out the Syn value for it and I'm sorted!

Mmm I can't wait now, by far the best meal of the year :drool: xx

I am going to damn well enjoy my Xmas dinner at my mum's which will as ever include roast potatoes, stuffing, yorkshire pud, pigs in blankets, crackling and lashings of gravy. :cool:

After Xmas Day Dinner I'm going to have a go at making some more SW-friendly snacks to include in the buffet-style thing that happens over the next few days so they're not as bad as they would be otherwise.

And after that I am still away for another week til after New Year so we'll be doing my usual healthy dinners but letting ourselves have a few glasses of wine if we feel like it like I always do when Im on holiday.

I fully expect to put a few pounds on, but it only happens once a year and I dont know how many more years Ill have left to do it. :cool:

I am going to damn well enjoy my Xmas dinner at my mum's which will as ever include roast potatoes, stuffing, yorkshire pud, pigs in blankets, crackling and lashings of gravy. :cool:

After Xmas Day Dinner I'm going to have a go at making some more SW-friendly snacks to include in the buffet-style thing that happens over the next few days so they're not as bad as they would be otherwise.

And after that I am still away for another week til after New Year so we'll be doing my usual healthy dinners but letting ourselves have a few glasses of wine if we feel like it like I always do when Im on holiday.

I fully expect to put a few pounds on, but it only happens once a year and I dont know how many more years Ill have left to do it. :cool:

Ermintrude, I saw your thread on Christmas Buffet food, and you've got some fabulous ideas! :drool:

We always have people over on Boxing day and it's buffet food which I find the hardest and most tempting! Think I'll be pinching a few of those ideas to help keep me on track over the festive period :) xx

From what my C said its not the Christmas Day that puts on the weight in most peoples case, it's the carrying on after, so if you had an off plan flexi day for Christmas Day you should be fine as long as you then didn't do the same Boxing Day, 27th, 28th etc and NYE x

We usually have croissants and champagne for breakfast in Christmas day, its become a tradition really! This year I think I might switch to having a bacon sandwich and a glass of champers... We got a puppy about 8 weeks ago and he has managed to get the foil off of the cork so it'll be a good excuse to drink it!!!!

Back