Christmas drinking!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by brooksy, 24 November 2008 Social URL.

1. brooksy

brooksy Member

Hi there...I plan on having a couple of drinks on cristmas day (Ithink)! I know we arent meant to have any booze but does anybody know the least worst one to have?!! lol!xx
    :8855:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. buffydog

buffydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd / ss
    there is a sticky about alchol, it`s very dangerous to drink while in ketosis, if you want to drink you will have to spend a day eating normal food to build up carb stores.
    its up to you whether you think it`s worth it.
    personally i`m having the whole week off cd.
    good luck with it x

4. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
  5. brooksy

brooksy Member

Thanks kitteh...that does kinda put me off I may to the same as its my birthday on the 29th dec as well!! I am at a do on the 13th dec and cant decide what to do then, if I drive then I wont drink so thinking of doing that to resist temptation!! xx

6. brooksy

brooksy Member

sori and thanx buffydog!x

7. abz

abz Gold Member

just remember that if you come off cd it's a sod getting back on it!! so if you were thinking of not eating on christmas day then i would consider just not having the drink or two...

abz xx

8. emmie83

emmie83 I will get into that wedding dress!

Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    im having christmas day off to have dinner (mainly veg and meat try not to have any potatoes) and a few glasses of wine i figure it cant hurt t much!! might have a meal of grilled chicken etc on christmas eve to prepare!!

im also having 13th -16th of dec off as going to see my mum and dad in spain so am having those off but eatting "properly"
    xxxxxxxxxxx

9. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    just take a look at the link emmie.. when your body is still in ketosis.. which is WILL be.. after just chicken and veg.. then you can actually end up poorly.. but i guess its just whether you would like your chance it or not.. i sure as hell wouldnt..

x x

10. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I know that this goes against popular belief, what with the Ketosis and alcohol theory, but I have continued to have one night per week drinking (usually wine, gin and/or sambucca) I have had no ill effect, expect for getting drunk a little quicker (due to the lack of food, I guess). I have lost 3 stone is just under three months. So don't beat yourself up for Xmas. Remember that a diet is for life not just for Xmas, lol. :)

11. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    BTW, my ticker is wrong as I can't see to update it, must be all the brain cells I am losing due to alcohol!:)

12. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    Ooh thats great alex.. but i know that its not like that for everyone.. i remember someone on here being reeally sick when they drank.. its the same with everything.. you never know what could happen before you do it..
    x

13. danzlilsista

danzlilsista Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Also remember that it's not what we eat/drink between xmas and new year...it's what we eat/drink between new year and christmas that does all the damage. :)

(having said that I seem to do quite a bit of damage between xmas and new year!)

14. abz

abz Gold Member

i drank one small glass of wine over the course of four hours recently. and i really had to go that slowly. if i had had it at my usual drinking speed i would have been a gonner. had two sips and i felt drunk!! and i promise i'm not exaggerating, even though it sounds ridiculous!!

15. NOBEER4ME

NOBEER4ME Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(7.74%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I drink regually on sole source, just found that i get drunk quicker and feel a bit sluggish the next day, havent died from it yet and am loseing weight at an increadible rate, but best of all i am happy:) and thats why this diet will work. Good luck all

16. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)

This is the above post that Kitteh so kindly put the link on this thread for and I think any of you who are drinking whilst on a vlcd should take it very seriously.

Your health is your wealth at the end of the day.​

Love Mini xxx​

17. lilacbunnykins

lilacbunnykins slim for cruise

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    i was on cd this time last year,and i had 2 weeks of over xmas,well didnt see counceller,but i only really ate xmas day and boxing day,managed to have shakes rest of time i only put on 2lb so was pleased,i also drank and have done recently,but did have some toast day b4 to get carbs in me,and its true u do get drunk quicker...but i wasent ill,go for it,must admit i did struggel to get back on track but on 1st weight in i lost 6lb...have fun x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. trisha

trisha likes to post

Diet:
    healthy eating
    I won't be drinking over Christmas it's not worth it,

20. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    I think the words here are 'caution' and being 'sensible', if you are going to have a drink you need to have carbs to get you out of ketosis. For every person who says they were ok there is going to be one who says they weren't..........and I know my luck....so if I do fancy a drink on christmas night then I know I am going to have to have carbs.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.