Christmas Meals

For what it's worth... my consultant is running all her classes as normal on the BH Monday and Tuesday, we're either going to weigh and go or have a party in class - depends what everyone wants to do. I'm so glad we can WI on the Monday as it will focus my mind and take my hand out the tin of roses for half an hour! x

IMG_0443.jpg

Top left - Sausagemeat Stuffing Ball 1 syn on Red and Extra Easy

Ingredients

* 1 Fry light 1 calorie spray
* 1 small onion, diced

* 1 eating apple, peeled and sliced

* 200 g Joe's syn free pork sausage meat (www.joessausages.co.uk)

* 99 g fresh Wholemeal breadcrumbs (10.5 syns)

* 1 sprig thyme, leaves removed

* 1 pinches grated nutmeg

* 2 tbsp chopped parsley

* 0.5 lemons, juice

Serves: 12, 1 syn each ball

Method

Heat the frylight in a saucepan. Add the onions and soften over a low heat without colouring. Stir in the apples and continue cooking until they are just beginning to lose their shape. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.

Stir in the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, thyme, nutmeg and parsley. Squeeze in the lemon juice and beat well for about a minute to blend everything together.

Use this stuffing to fill a turkey before roasting, or you can bake it separately in an ovenproof dish. Bake at 180C/gas4 for about 25 minutes and serve hot with roast meats.

Bottom - Pigs in blankets

Top right - Sausagemeat and chestnut stuffing parcels 2 syns each on Red and Extra Easy

Ingredients

sausage meat stuffing parcels 4
...serves 16

Ingredients

* 400g Joe's syn free Pork sausage meat

* 1 onion , peeled and grated

* 1 apple , cored, peeled and grated

* 100g vac-packed chestnuts , chopped

* 99g fresh whole meal breadcrumbs

* 1 egg yolk

* 1 lemons juice

* 16 rashers back bacon, fat removed then cut in half horizontaly to make 2 long strips per slice.

* a handful of sage leaves, chopped , plus 8 small ones

Method

1. Put all the ingredients except the bacon and sage leaves in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper then mix together with your hands and form into 16 balls. Squash each ball to flatten a little, put a sage leaf on top, then wrap with 2 slices of bacon to make a parcel.

2. Put on a non-stick baking sheet and cook at 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 for 30 minutes until golden.

Make before hand and freeze, cook the required amount of parcels per occasion. Also nice cold for a buffet!

Joe's syn free Chipolatas wrapped in lean bacon cooked in the oven with the stuffing balls.

Back