christmas past

Every year I wanted a Mr Frosty !, didnt get one till I was about 9, used it for the first time and I had grated up bits of plastic in my 'slush' drink so my mum didnt let me use it again !. Also remeber one year getting a Post Office set, had loads of those rubber stamps in it, I went round 'stamping' everything I could for about two weeks.

Ooh I had a barbie house too. It was huge but I remember I couldnt understand why santa put the stickers on all the wrong things. My mam and sister later confessed that they had been in the pub on christmas eve and couldnt see what stickers went where!!

I remember the lo lo balls too!

Claire , yes , my sister wanted one for years and it grated all the plastic , yum lol .
So many toys there from the past , had a few of them , its all so different now .

chipper.jpg

I got a Raleigh Chipper one year and my brother got a Chopper.

My favourite present ever was when I was 10 though and I got a Rotastak hamster cage. I was so happy I cried! Those were the days :)

I loved my gloworm - I had this one and also the one with a sleeping face and a wide awake face on both sides of its head - kind of freaky now I look back on it!

gloworm.jpg

Oh and Keypers were the best

Series1_Turtles_Sheldon1.jpg
Series1_Snails_Fancy1.jpg

And I was always a bit partial to the Playdoh mop-top hairshop :D

17.jpg

But my favorite present was a toy monkey (whom I named Monkey) my Mum bought me from a craft fair - I got him when I was five and he was only a little smaller than I was at the time. My sister asked if I would gift it to my niece a few years ago and I thought I was ready to let go - but as its turns out I am SO not ready to let him go and not sure I ever will be ;).

when i was 16 my mum bought me a cuddly polar bear , i was in hospital after an accident , spent many a lonely night cuddled up to him , he is tatty now and im pushing forty but i still wouldnt let him go .

forgot all about mop shop playdoh , so cool

Back