Christmas present thread

Oh he'd LOVE money lol. He's just recently got a new phone (on contract) and he's bought himself a guitar (which we're waiting for to be delivered), he's at that funny age like someone else said on this thread earlier, too old for toys but too young for stuff he wants! He's not really into games consoles and stuff, plus we don't spend loads at Christmas as we don't have a lot to spend, plus I don't see the point in buying presents for the sake of buying something, if you know what I mean, I'd rather buy things people need (god now I sound miserable!!!!! Lol)

I don't like buying for the sake of buying, it's such a waste of money, when our children, got 'that' age we started giving them money, & stocking, I ususally fill the stocking with all sorts of stuff so at least they have something to open on Christmas day.

My hubby and i dont buy gifts for xmas and birthday instead we book a week away eg this year ill book the flights for his xmas and bday present and he will book hotel for my bday and xmas present. We wont go till sept but its something to look forward to. We have done it this way since we discovered a little gem in Mallorca called cala dor we go back every year we love it there it makes more sense us doing this than just buying presents for the sake of buying them. This way we get something we both really love xx

I like to get us a board game as a family present from Santa I think this year might try 'The cube'

try the logo game

I found a lovely kitch jewellery maker / shop called Fluffs Stuff. I've bought from her stall in person last year, and just ordered from her via Etsy for a couple of friends xmas pressies. Well worth a look for people who like something kitch and different...

Kitsch Kawaii Retro & Cute Accessorises & von fluffsstuffs auf Etsy

I love to buy from independent makers and know that no-one will be buying the same as me.

Oooh will have to check that out! Sounds promising for something for my mums birthday which is in December or something for my sister x

I just bought one of her little blocks with the pics all round as a baby greetings / celebration 'card' (if you know what I mean). I thought it'd make a lovely keepsake. I like the fact that I've met her so I know she's a lovely person as well. Much nicer than giving my money to Clinton Cards or W H Smith. She's also happy to do individual orders if you've got an idea for something you'd like her to make. I could never think of anything half as lovely as the stuff she already has on sale though.

I love the bunting necklaces and need someone to have a baby so can get the number blocks! :)

I like all the blocks, especially the valentine one (but my boyfriend certainly doesn't deserve one!) I've got a couple of weddings next year, so will be back for some more then.

I'm really stuck for present ideas this year, I don't know what I want and hubby doesn't know what he wants either.

We are going to Mexico for my birthday in April and I have thought about pre booking some excursions for us to do or something.

Any ideas would be appreciated x

Well I've started putting my little hampers together. Bought a few wicker baskets, wrap, bows etc off eBay and m going to do one for my mum, one for dad and a joint one for OHs Nan and grandad.

My dads is basically complete. I thought od write here what I've put in it in case anyone is looking for ideas as I know men are ridiculous to buy for:

Shower gel, shaving foam, chilli chocolate and a hot and spicy recipe book (loves cooking and spice!), a little Baileys mini, a puzzle thing by guiness world records, a coaster with photo of me, sis and him, a face mask for men as a joke because I've got my mum one and a car air freshener (he is a taxi driver).

Im happy that's out of the way. Still struggling with ideas mainly for OHs grandad. He's quite a young grandad haha, so far the only things I can think of is shower gel, socks and mini alcohol. He's a big fan of gardening and his shed but I think he's had just about every gift relating to that over the years as its his only hobby!

I'm also hoping to make some homemade cookies or something on Christmas eve to add to all the hampers.

If anyone has any further ideas, please share :)

An up to date gardening book? a little garden stool for the summer, a bird box to fasten to his shed, I dont know what the wildlife is like where he lives maybe a book on birds

Chipmunk89 said:
Well I've started putting my little hampers together. Bought a few wicker baskets, wrap, bows etc off eBay and m going to do one for my mum, one for dad and a joint one for OHs Nan and grandad.

My dads is basically complete. I thought od write here what I've put in it in case anyone is looking for ideas as I know men are ridiculous to buy for:

Shower gel, shaving foam, chilli chocolate and a hot and spicy recipe book (loves cooking and spice!), a little Baileys mini, a puzzle thing by guiness world records, a coaster with photo of me, sis and him, a face mask for men as a joke because I've got my mum one and a car air freshener (he is a taxi driver).

Im happy that's out of the way. Still struggling with ideas mainly for OHs grandad. He's quite a young grandad haha, so far the only things I can think of is shower gel, socks and mini alcohol. He's a big fan of gardening and his shed but I think he's had just about every gift relating to that over the years as its his only hobby!

I'm also hoping to make some homemade cookies or something on Christmas eve to add to all the hampers.

If anyone has any further ideas, please share :)

How about some seeds? Gnome? Outdoor mug with lid for tea/coffee? X

Cheers for all your ideas, some great ones. I loved the idea of seeds - something I hadn't thought of. Went to town for a bit of Christmas shopping and had a little look today but all I can find was huge packs of bulbs!

I did find a silly little gift for him in Primark though - pocket pint - a little fold away pint glass. He loves his beer haha! Also got him some Christmasy socks and some shower/deoderant stuff and a flip flop air freshener for his car (they are ALWAYS on holiday! Must have at least 2 or 3 a year!)

So far I have done almost all my nephew's presents he will be 9 months at Christmas so I've made him a stocking and will put into it-

A twilight turtle nightlight (projects constellations onto the walls and ceiling)
Stacking rings
Rainmaker rattle toy
A book
Also I am going to buy a big blue bauble and decorate it for him for his first christmas.

Boyfriend I'm going to get-
Hamper from the chilli shop down on Brighton marina as he loved it in there and is rationing his hot sauce as its almost gone!
A replica 1970's crystal palace shirt

My sister in law I shall be getting her a charm for her "links of London" bracelet

No idea for the rest of my family (parents, 3 brothers and 1 sister in law!)

This sounds fab, where did you get it? (the twilight turtle

got it on ebay, hoping it will be ok and had a message from the seller that due to "an issue" they are no longer selling them. mine has been shipped so will check it out when it arrives and send it back if i have to. they are sold in lots of different places though so will get it elsewhere if the original doesnt work x

Back