Christmas present thread

Yeh I know we have £5 to spend for ours. I remember when we did one for £1 you had to buy the naffest thing you could find - my present was ................... A blackhead squeezer lol I dont get em

Ewwwwwwww

Lol - just had an evil thought . Squeeze the blackhead and put it in the coffee of someone I dont like lol gross i know

Where you pick a name out of a hat - the trouble is I don't know the girl very well!

(Only been at my job 6 months and this is our first inter-departmental thing)

If she's deskbound, what about one of those wibbly wobbly things that work using light (best in sunlight but works with nearly any amount of daylight).
We've got a few shops selling some cute ones, flowers, small animals etc.

Or, does she use a computer - there are quite a few USB gizmo's around - like keyboard vacuums, mini fans etc. I bet you'll find something like this from Poundland/Wilkinson/B&M type shops.

Well I've started putting my little hampers together. Bought a few wicker baskets, wrap, bows etc off eBay and m going to do one for my mum, one for dad and a joint one for OHs Nan and grandad.

My dads is basically complete. I thought od write here what I've put in it in case anyone is looking for ideas as I know men are ridiculous to buy for:

Shower gel, shaving foam, chilli chocolate and a hot and spicy recipe book (loves cooking and spice!), a little Baileys mini, a puzzle thing by guiness world records, a coaster with photo of me, sis and him, a face mask for men as a joke because I've got my mum one and a car air freshener (he is a taxi driver).

Im happy that's out of the way. Still struggling with ideas mainly for OHs grandad. He's quite a young grandad haha, so far the only things I can think of is shower gel, socks and mini alcohol. He's a big fan of gardening and his shed but I think he's had just about every gift relating to that over the years as its his only hobby!

I'm also hoping to make some homemade cookies or something on Christmas eve to add to all the hampers.

If anyone has any further ideas, please share :)

What about some of the special 'welly socks' that are designed to keep your feet warm in wellies (which are freezing in the winter) and turn over the top of the welly so they don't keep falling down. (I know I'd like some but thing it's a bit extravagent a purchase to make for myself).

Thanks everyone for the ideas!! I'll let you know when I've found something!

The hampers are a brilliant idea, what about a book or DVD or cd to bulk it up a bit, might do this for the OHs mum! I never know what to get them!

I am now officially sorted :D

Kids have got a ridiculous amount of stuff that ill not bore you all with...

Other people:

Husband: aftershave, a WWE tshirt, lyle & Scott jumper, Xbox game, red dwarf boxset & a book called 'my daddy is great' or something like that from kids

Mum: a purse & a hat, scarf n glove set

Dad: a bottle of special whiskey (aged in beer barrels or something?!)

Mum-in-law: a vase

Auntie-in-law: a box of posh biscuits

Nanna-in-law: a box of posh biscuits

People who help me with various things (dancing mums, teacher for deaf, nursery support etc): a bottle of rosé wine

& my friend who I don't see often but can always turn to: a shamballa bracelet (dark grey)

I don't usually ask for presents (usually use Xmas money to pay off debts) but this year I've been bought a camouflage parka, perfume & iron fist bag - we are also considering an actifry coz they on offer at £89 but can't bring myself to spend all that on one yet...

How are people getting on? Just sorted 2 presents first ones really! Booked gig tickets for my daughter and a brewery tour for mum and her husband :)
Still struggling for ideas for my boys, particularly the 13 year old who also has a birthday in a couple of weeks!

Ooooh what gig? I've got same problem! It's daughters birthday Thursday & sons in new year :(

I've just stopped waiting for her so I either sort myself or ask for what i want lol & kids probably get way too much!! Just wrapped daughters presents for Thursday :D can't believe she's going to be 7! X

ive done a bit more of my shopping today :) got the posh cheeses for my parents hamper, just need some frames for the photos, a bottle of wine and some crackers to add and theirs is done :)
bought my sister in law 2 links of london charms, it was her 30th in october and i was so skint i couldnt get her anything so she is getting double christmas presents :)
also just spent the evening making a photobook online for my brother and sister in law for a late wedding present. got lots of photos from various guests and made it like a story of their wedding day. looks great online so hope it will be as good in real life. also buying them vouchers for a posh kitchen shop in brighton that they love. for christmas and late wedding gift so they will get it all together at christmas. sis in laws birthday on 22nd dec so also need to think of something for her birthday! maybe a pashmina or scarf or something, not sure yet!

What do you buy the hubby who has everything?

His interests are
ps3 / ps vita
cars
wolves football club
food
chocolate

I keep asking wha he would like and he has no idea xxx

what about a driving experience day? you can get them for all sorts of cars, ferrari, porche plus rally days depending on what sort of cars he is into?

Back