Christmas present thread

Right here are my presents so far:

Auntie & Uncle: Nescafé coffee machine, cheese & wine hamper.

Niece Amelia: jeans and jumper from Next, Personalised Mickey Mouse storybook.

Mother in law: leather jacket, Bly ray player, Nescafé coffee machine, slippers, slow cooker, Burberry perfume, chocolates.

Brother in law: Guinness wallet, galletica box set, star wars Lego, Guinness truffles, monopoly millionaire.

Sister in law: Starbucks hamper set, Baileys chocolate.

Husband: 3 Ps3 games, Burberry aftershave, joop aftershave, timberland boots, socks, Levi boxers, lynx gift set, eternity ring.

My son (23) has gone out of his way to get something different this year for his Grandad. He used to be a Royal Marine and served on a ship called the Denmark. My son has trawled the internet and found a book on it so has ordered that. Bless him he has really thought about this

thats lovely, how thoughtful of him! x

Am really struggling for a idea of something small to get my dad. I might not even see him but if I do it will be wehn I go to visit other relatives who I am buying for! Its such a pain!

Does he like jewellery? Warren James have some lovely offers on men's at the moment x

they look fab michelle!
9 more sleeps everyone!!

have wrapped everything ive bought so far, still got my older brother to buy for, its also his birthday on the 28th and his wife has pointed out 2 spice racks he likes in bhs so will either get the cheaper one plus another gift for birthday (maybe even just money in a card so he can spend it himself) or get the pricier one and do it for both.
also need to buy my younger brother a voucher he has requested, and a biscuit for a joke(long story!)
still waiting for 2 of the 3 presents i got my bf to arrive! football shirt has been weeks now, they did say id have it for christmas but getting nervous now it wont arrive in time! have warned him incase it doesnt. also waiting for delivery of some south devon chilli farm gifts as i couldnt make it to brighton to go to the marina shop.plus need to do his stocking presents, just bits and bobs prob shower gel, socks, pants, razor blade cartridges etc.
got an extra gift to buy now too, me and the girls have decided to do a secret santa between us, but we are exchanging the gifts new years eve as we will all be round one of our houses with our bf's. we will buy a gift suitable for any of us then on nye label them with a number that we will then draw out a hat :) saw a fab make up bag in a shop the next town along that has a little cartoon girl and printed on it says "contents: my face". think it will be god for whoever gets it! getting really excited, especially now i know im off for christmas :) 5 more days to work, and friday will prob be a short day :D

I've now got all of my Christmas presents bought and wrapped! Feeling very organised :)

Mam: A little evening bag she picked from TK Maxx for when she goes on her next cruise. And these white Tresor Paris heart earrings - my dad has got her the matching bracelet
SE1339.jpg

Dad: He asked for money this year as his annual golf course fees are coming up. Also bought him a daft pair of Spongebob Squarepants PJ's just so he has something to open (Spongebob is a bit of a family joke / theme)

Brother: A squash racket! Not the most exciting of things, but it is what he asked for. He recently broke his, so it was good to be able to get him something he needed. Have also bought him a huuuuge bar of tobelerone to open.

I've also bought my SW consultant a little gift just to thank her for everything she has done for me this year. I've bought her a Radox set containing bath creme, a body scrub and a couple of little candles. I've also bought her a Christmassy mug and popped an options hot chocolate in with it - I just wanted to give her a few little treats after all of the hard work she puts in :)

I just have to find a basket to put lots of food goodies in for some friends who are living in a garden shed and whose life style has changed so drastically. I think such a lot of them, they never moan or whinge. They have both lost their jobs and their home. I spoke to her last night and they are not even cooking a chicken this year as they can not afford one. That is so awful it makes me very sad. Paul is seeing him tomorrow so I don't have much time to put everything together.

All other gifts are bought and wrapped. The table gifts for boxing day are done. All the ladies are getting smellies, I found such pretty things when I was in England and so reasonably priced. All the men are getting smellies to apart from my diabetic friend Rob, who is getting a jar of options orange and a jar of caramel coffee. I introduced him to optons because he craved a chocolate drink he could have and he loved them.

All Pauls presents are hidden away and will be wrapped this afternoon whilst he is out. All small things like a new beard trimmer, his has conked out, a calender of all his favourite babies that are either dead or in other homes now like his mare and foal who are both away competing and his adored little dog who died this year aged 23 years old. A new large coffee mug with a photo of his dog on it, chocolates ( he is a chocoholic and lots more little things.

The favourite present I have " bought" this year is 2 donations to my favourite charity for my son. It is a charity that lends money to struggling folks , mainly in third world or unpronouncable countries, who want to either start or improve a business venture. The loans are in units of $25 dollars, they can ask for any amount but it has to be repaid to you. Once it is repaid you can then loan that money to someone else or if you want you can withdraw the money. In 3 years we have helped 18 people/families mostly in the agricultural sector. Now my son will be able to donate and when he is repaid re-loan it to some other deserving person. We normally buy them a goat or a cow or seed or something of that kind for an African village but he is delighted with the change to the charity. He and his family never want anything for themselves because as they say they are very lucky . Both parents are working in good jobs and both grandchildren are at university and they do not do without anything very much. I love their unselfish attitude to Christmas giving.

Fillymum I saw a book at a garden centre today called fifty shades of shed maybe that would be good for your friends ;) only joking though their situation doesn't xsound funny and they sound amazing and like they deserve a treat!

They would probably really have a good chuckle because that is who they are. It has given me an idea though so thank you for that Emsie.
They could write a humorous type book about there experiences living in a shed. They are both intelligent people and speak 3 languages so I am sure it could be possibility and also give them some hope whilst they are doing it.

Paul has just left and has their Christmas hamper with him. I was amazed at the amount of stuff I got together for them including a bottle of cava and a box of After Eight Mints......................I am sure their New Year will be a better one.

I wish Xmas would hurry up and be over.I find it's a pointless date on the calendar now.:)
Spend,spend spend.People are spending money that they haven't got.The shops have be heaving since beginning of Dec.

Can't wait till New year where everything gets back to normal althou the world ends tomorrow so you might as well give everyone their presents tonight.:)

Off grocery shopping tomorrow so a lot of people will get unwanted items in their trolleys.

There is a tendancy for people to overspend this time of year. I always buy only the food we'll eat & never waste anything, I buy treats, but not too many & I start shopping for stocking fillers in January, I never put anything on my credit card & spend only what I have saved/have in the bank.

For the past few years me & OH have just bought some stocking fillers (socks, boxers, shaving cream etc) & put money in our holiday pot, we love our holidays & would rather put money towards that, than have a pointless gift.

But there's now some confusion, world may not end tomorrow, hey maybe that's why the IPL schedule hasn't been annouced yet (usually Sept) they know the world is ending so no need.......................

Some people really do go overboard, when I pop into the supermarkets for a few bits it's shocking how much people have in their trollies.

The only person I have spent a lot on is my hubby, because he's worth it, he's my rock and I want to spoil him.
He'll be really chuffed too as a lot of things he's mentioned he liked the look of or showed interest in I have ordered for him xxx

The favourite present I have " bought" this year is 2 donations to my favourite charity for my son. It is a charity that lends money to struggling folks , mainly in third world or unpronouncable countries, who want to either start or improve a business venture. The loans are in units of $25 dollars, they can ask for any amount but it has to be repaid to you. Once it is repaid you can then loan that money to someone else or if you want you can withdraw the money. In 3 years we have helped 18 people/families mostly in the agricultural sector. Now my son will be able to donate and when he is repaid re-loan it to some other deserving person. We normally buy them a goat or a cow or seed or something of that kind for an African village but he is delighted with the change to the charity. He and his family never want anything for themselves because as they say they are very lucky . Both parents are working in good jobs and both grandchildren are at university and they do not do without anything very much. I love their unselfish attitude to Christmas giving.

That is such a lovely thing to do. I've never heard of a charity that works in that way but what a good idea, at least the recipients will be able to feel that they're not just a 'charity case'

I work at Waitrose and this week in particular, I have seen people spending £200-£300 on Xmas and its been put on credit cards!! I can see how easy it is to do that, but for the first year ever I have not put a single Xmas gift/food on my credit card! I've saved throughout the year and spent that instead. At least come January payday (end of the month for me) I won't be panicking about how to pay my credit card bill, like everyone else.
I feel very smug about that lol :p

Off grocery shopping tomorrow so a lot of people will get unwanted items in their trolleys.

Can I just confirm you mean people put lots of things they don't want in their trolleys and not because your going shopping people will have lots of unwanted items in their trolleys as I can't help but giggle when I see it as I just have an image of you filling everyone's trolleys while they're not looking

Can I just confirm you mean people put lots of things they don't want in their trolleys and not because your going shopping people will have lots of unwanted items in their trolleys as I can't help but giggle when I see it as I just have an image of you filling everyone's trolleys while they're not looking

Haha I've been thinking the same too lol x

Back