Christmas present thread

Have got quite a lot of mine sorted now......

Daughter: Sat nav, electric toothbrush, peach Bellini oddka, Amy Winehouse calendar, pjs, chocs, olives

Eldest son: laptop, clothes, choc

Youngest son: iPod touch, Xbox game, Mr.tea mug, choc,
And Xbox live for both boys

Hubby: Breaking bad DVD, Aston Villa mug, Guinness glass and bottle set

Sis: digital pic frame, gravy jug, gravy granules, pj's
Her bf: choc (and his share of frame lol)

Mum and hubby me and said have bought them tickets to climb the 02 in New year's day, also git mum a yoga DVD and socks and choc and probably will get him some choc

Bought a few bits and pieces for token gifts for others.

Still got to sort my Grandad and Dad and hubbys parents and may get daughter something else, maybe a voucher fir where she has nails done?

I'm almost sorted! :)

Mam: Kindle Paperewhite (bro paid for half) and a selection box

Dad: Joggers, Choc Brazil nuts and a cute plaque which says dads are for loving..and fixing things!

Brother: BluRay disk, sweets and a coin counting / sorting machine (lol!)

Best friend: Taylor Swift Perfume, set of bangles, dip dab tin and a small selection box

Another friend: Glamour Magazine beauty box

Another friend: A few decor things and 1D love hearts

Friend in America: North East 2014 calendar, iPhone / iPad stylus, a thing to wrap your earphones around and a selection of UK sweets

Grandma: A box of Thorntons and a plaque with a cute saying on

Secret Santa at work: Desktop skip, small selection box and a Absolut vodka glass and miniature

Still need to buy a couple of little things for my brothers girlfriend xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Almost finished, thank goodness! :)

O.H. - tickets to see Thriller in Liverpool and 2 nights stay in a 4 star hotel, some very colourful socks (which he loves) and a T-shirt saying Bah Humbug on it.

Daughter - horse slippers, horse sweatshirt with a funny slogan on it, Dior mascara, a horse scarf, some extra thick socks (for when she's mucking out), a cardigan, choccies, perfume and some other bits and pieces!

Son - Weirdly he said he wanted a teapot and said he thought loose tea probably tasted better than bags! He's only 29 so I was quite taken aback! :D Anyway, I've bought him a stylish teapot and gone the whole hog - tea strainer, some loose tea, a retro tea cosy and a mug! I've also got him (as his nick-name is Kenny) a T-shirt saying 'I killed Kenny' on it and a Kenny sweatshirt. I've also got him some other bits and poeces, including a scarf.

O.H.'s mother - a beautiful hamper from the local farm shop, containing a bottle of Cheshire apple juice (she lives there) and other goodies, sourced locally. I've also got her a book by Monty Don, which has rave reviews, so I hope no-one duplicates it.

Ex-hubby - a T-shirt saying, 'This is what an ace mechanic looks like!' - he's a car mechanic.

Brothers - T-shirts with fitting slogans on them (gone a bit mad on T-shirts this year!), a mug each with electric guitars forming the handles, as they are in a group together and both play electric guitars and some chocolates.

Son's step-child - a gorgeous book called Animal Hide and Seek with lots of flaps and textured pages, a toy mobile phone because she's fascinated by them (she's only two) and a beautifully crafted wooden cake stand, complete with realistic wooden iced cakes.

Think that's about it! Must stay off the Internet now though because I keep being tempted to buy more things. I love getting people presents - I'm like a big kid when it comes to Christmas!!

Kathy x

Hi everyone the soap and glory boxset is on offer today £27 instead of £60 sells out so fast but still available online atm xx

Been a bit quiet but all shopping and wrapping is done!
Dad - Portsmouth Historic Dockyard ticket we go together every summer so we get a yearly season ticket.
Mum - matt cardle album plus a box of chocs and a panettonne(sp?) for them both.
Eldest bro and his wife- sugar bowl (fancy designer type one, they asked for it specifically) and a box of truffles.
Other older brother and his wife - lamp and chocs (again they requested the lamp- it's been a very practical list type of year!)
Nephew 21 months - 2 books and a thomas the tank engine Wendy house tent thing.
Younger brother - money towards some computer thing he wants!
His girlfriend- new look voucher and slippers (she works in a nursery baby room so gets through them quickly! Been there done that and slipper and slipper socks are a godsend!)
Fiancé - lots of little stocking bits including aftershave, whiskey miniatures and cartoon pants :) will also be paying for our next football game in the new year.
Nanny kids - 6 year old girl- princess puzzle and a sparkly purse with her name on it.
3 year old boy- map of the world a day where the different animals live puzzle and an octonaughts activity and sticker book.
4 month old twins - money box each with their names on with the letters different animals. Pic attached :)
All done! Mike is doing his family presents so hopefully he has done them all! X

Last edited:
Fab pressies, I want what the 3 year is getting, it sounds amazing!!!!

I've just got to get Bob some tubes of sweeties then his stocking is done, we put money towards our holidays for our main pressie. I've now bought everything, just need to wrap DS & DD stocking fillers & Santa sack.

We've not got a tree yet:eek: & not too sure when I'm going to get one, I'm off out tonight with DD, tomorrow it's Mama Mia in London:D & Friday off to my sisters for the weekend.

Hi everyone, it's the 3rd November and now that we've had Halloween its acceptable to start planning and talking about Christmas.

I need to buy cracker fillers which I'll do when I'm back from hols wk comm 17th Nov, I've also some small gifts to buy to put in 'boxes' for nieces & nephews, and main presses, I also make my own Christmas cards so I'm hoping to do some this week.

So what you up to? :26::xmastree::xmassign:

Aww, I always loved this thread!! Nice on Michelle for starting it up again :)

Well so far I have got four of Warren's "stocking fillers". He has decided he would like a new pair of football boots this year, but I have told them he will have to chose them as I wouldn't know where to start. We will either order them online or have a day out shopping and pick them up. And so far, smaller presents, I've got him a Paco Robane "Invictus" gift set with fragrance and shower gel, a Nando's gift set (we LOVE Nando's) with three different sauces, a San Miguel (his favourite) gift set with a posh glass and bottle of lager, and then a big bar of Tobelerone.

I have also got a little something for his mam. Its a Yankee Candle gift set with two of the medium sized jars in. They are both Christmassy scents - one is "cranberry ice" but I can't remember the name / smell of the other one.

My mam has said that she would like a nice Pandora necklace and earrings to match. Her and my dad have just gone on a cruise today, so whilst she is away she's going to look for something. I have told her that if she sees something to buy it, and me and my brother will give her the money and wrap it up for Christmas.

For my dad, brother and Warren's dad I have no idea!! Also need to get my friend Katie and hubby Sean a little something - but thinking I might get them a shared gift / something for the house?

Oh I love all of the planning and effort that goes into Christmas time. I think I'll pick up some nice wrapping paper on my way home from work this afternoon and make a start on wrapping the presents I've bought so far :D

Yay love Christmas :) was great to see this thread pop up.

So far I have got the mil a lovely mum and cherub ornament which she will love and my mum the linda Bellingham book and a small teapot which is for infusing herbs and green teas etc as she loves green tea. I'm go g to put some nice teas in her stocking.

Hubby I can never buy for. He wanted a lead for his computer which I got on amazon but he found it and started to use it so he is in disgrace lol

I have bought a cool batman t shirt for my cousin and some baking bits for my other cousin who loves cooking.

I have also made my usual chilli jam as gifts, it's a nigella recipe and is lush.

Lots of other ideas and smellies to get and I would like to get some new lights for the house as I love it to sparkle :)

I'm going to make cards this year too for the first time and also I am going to take a photo of me and hubby posing in Christmas hats or something similar and put it into baubles!

Yay for Christmas :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm not usually a big fan of Christmas but this year I have a reason to be- it's my son's first Xmas :D
Plus I'll be getting 2 whole weeks with my hubby as I'm on maternity leave- normally, working in retail means I virtually never see him over Xmas!

So my son will be 7 months old by Xmas and is going to be spoilt rotten :)

Me and hubby are buying him a Fisher Price newborn to toddler rocker, bath toys and a few other bits and pieces.
I've already got him some Thomas the tank engine pyjamas, a t-shirt that says 'Handsome like my daddy' and a Superman onesie as he is Superbaby after all :)
MIL is buying him a walker, my mum is buying him an animal train set and my sister is getting him a ball pit.
Other family members I imagine will buy clothes and toys...

As for everyone else, we've kinda all agreed that Xmas is about Oliver this year so we're just going to buy each other stocking fillers, spending a max of £50 on each, as we all agreed we'd rather spend more money on Oliver this year :)

So hubby I'll be buying a nice bottle of his fave red wine, some Lindt chocs and maybe a bottle of port too...
Mum and dad and my in-laws I have no idea or my sister....

Sure I'll think of something! X

Aww, I always loved this thread!! Nice on Michelle for starting it up again :)

Well so far I have got four of Warren's "stocking fillers". He has decided he would like a new pair of football boots this year, but I have told them he will have to chose them as I wouldn't know where to start. We will either order them online or have a day out shopping and pick them up. And so far, smaller presents, I've got him a Paco Robane "Invictus" gift set with fragrance and shower gel, a Nando's gift set (we LOVE Nando's) with three different sauces, a San Miguel (his favourite) gift set with a posh glass and bottle of lager, and then a big bar of Tobelerone.

I have also got a little something for his mam. Its a Yankee Candle gift set with two of the medium sized jars in. They are both Christmassy scents - one is "cranberry ice" but I can't remember the name / smell of the other one.

My mam has said that she would like a nice Pandora necklace and earrings to match. Her and my dad have just gone on a cruise today, so whilst she is away she's going to look for something. I have told her that if she sees something to buy it, and me and my brother will give her the money and wrap it up for Christmas.

For my dad, brother and Warren's dad I have no idea!! Also need to get my friend Katie and hubby Sean a little something - but thinking I might get them a shared gift / something for the house?

Oh I love all of the planning and effort that goes into Christmas time. I think I'll pick up some nice wrapping paper on my way home from work this afternoon and make a start on wrapping the presents I've bought so far :D

I love the thought of a Nandos gift set, I may look out for that for my daughter she loves cooking and it would be brill for her, she often has friends round for drinks & eats so that will be brill. In fact I may look out for more foodie things, last year I bought her & son some really nice peanut butter & that Honey erm can't remember the brand but its supposed to be 'the' best!! x

Yay love Christmas :) was great to see this thread pop up.

So far I have got the mil a lovely mum and cherub ornament which she will love and my mum the linda Bellingham book and a small teapot which is for infusing herbs and green teas etc as she loves green tea. I'm go g to put some nice teas in her stocking.

Hubby I can never buy for. He wanted a lead for his computer which I got on amazon but he found it and started to use it so he is in disgrace lol

I have bought a cool batman t shirt for my cousin and some baking bits for my other cousin who loves cooking.

I have also made my usual chilli jam as gifts, it's a nigella recipe and is lush.

Lots of other ideas and smellies to get and I would like to get some new lights for the house as I love it to sparkle :)

I'm going to make cards this year too for the first time and also I am going to take a photo of me and hubby posing in Christmas hats or something similar and put it into baubles!

Yay for Christmas :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh I just love homemade gifts, my sister makes jams & chutney's I'd love something like that as a gift. x

I'm not usually a big fan of Christmas but this year I have a reason to be- it's my son's first Xmas :D
Plus I'll be getting 2 whole weeks with my hubby as I'm on maternity leave- normally, working in retail means I virtually never see him over Xmas!

So my son will be 7 months old by Xmas and is going to be spoilt rotten :)

Me and hubby are buying him a Fisher Price newborn to toddler rocker, bath toys and a few other bits and pieces.
I've already got him some Thomas the tank engine pyjamas, a t-shirt that says 'Handsome like my daddy' and a Superman onesie as he is Superbaby after all :)
MIL is buying him a walker, my mum is buying him an animal train set and my sister is getting him a ball pit.
Other family members I imagine will buy clothes and toys...

As for everyone else, we've kinda all agreed that Xmas is about Oliver this year so we're just going to buy each other stocking fillers, spending a max of £50 on each, as we all agreed we'd rather spend more money on Oliver this year :)

So hubby I'll be buying a nice bottle of his fave red wine, some Lindt chocs and maybe a bottle of port too...
Mum and dad and my in-laws I have no idea or my sister....

Sure I'll think of something! X

Awwwwwwwwwww that will be so sweet Oliver's first Christmas, can't belive £50 is not spending much, lol. Me & OH won't buy each other a gift we'll put money in the 'holiday pot' instead & just get each other a stocking, he always goes to a lingerie shop & gets me a nice (not that way!!) knicker & bra set, last year he just picked something out without checking the price & apparently it was all his Christmas money in one go, lol x

I'd forgotten about this thread, Michelle! Thanks for resurrecting it!! :D It's great when you're stuck for ideas, which I definitely am this year. Only bought stocking fillers so far but, whilst in Selfridges last week, I saw some personalised Christmas tree baubles and was going to buy one for my daughter. She will be spending her first Christmas away from us and spending it with her boyfriend in their first home together in Aberdeen. However, when I saw the price, I decided to look on-line or, not that I'm remotely artistic, decorate one myself. :S

Kathy x

I'd forgotten about this thread, Michelle! Thanks for resurrecting it!! :D It's great when you're stuck for ideas, which I definitely am this year. Only bought stocking fillers so far but, whilst in Selfridges last week, I saw some personalised Christmas tree baubles and was going to buy one for my daughter. She will be spending her first Christmas away from us and spending it with her boyfriend in their first home together in Aberdeen. However, when I saw the price, I decided to look on-line or, not that I'm remotely artistic, decorate one myself. :S

Kathy x

Oh personalised baubles sounds good. When me & daughter were in the craft shop a few weeks ago we saw baubles that you fill yourself, similar to these but bigger

Clear Plastic Baubles to Fill and Decorate

I've saw sledges on Jess's thread and bought what I need to make them, I'm quite excited. I'm now considering buying the baubles ^^^^

After seeing sleighs on Jess's diary I copied her idea & these are mine, my nieces, nephews, DS, DD, sister, her partner & my brother will get one each.

View attachment 158281

Oh I love that!!! I was thinking of getting Warrens dad some sweeties, as he's sweet mad!! So might give this a go. Fab idea :)

Back