Christmas present thread

I found a lovely site today called good gifts.org where you buy things for others. E.g seeds for a farmer in Africa, clothes for children and hot meals/Christmas gifts for the elderly. The price range is wide so suitable for any budget, if anyone was interested x
Have just had a look at some of these., there are some good ones thanks for sharing x

I've got 50% off at the Body Shop if I show my work pass (I work for a Local Authority) until next Weds. So I've been in at lunchtime and bought a couple of gift sets for my two friends, £8.50 each instead of £17! Bargain :)

You can get 50% off online.Instructions: Enter code 38939 for 50% off everything with free delivery if you spend over £5

That's good. Hadn't realised it was online too. We were just told if we show our passes we'll get discount and as there's one right by work it was handy to call in and pick them up, rather than faffing around ordering online! It really does make their stuff better value for money, and some of the sets are beautiful.

Just ordered some make-up items from Feelunique.com. Thought I'd Google discount vouchers beforehand and received a code for 10% off, which equalled £6.39 off! So glad I checked for discount vouchers first! :)

Kathy

This weekend I made my OH a coupon book. Sounds a bit naff, but I downloaded them and printed them on card, cut them out and made them into a booklet. So they look quite snazzy ;-)
I kept some 'original' ones from the site (e.g movie night, foot rub) and personalised some I know he'll love (24 hrs no animal duties, candlelit bath).
Thoughtful ideas and none cost anything! Big help for me this year :)

This weekend I made my OH a coupon book. Sounds a bit naff, but I downloaded them and printed them on card, cut them out and made them into a booklet. So they look quite snazzy ;-)
I kept some 'original' ones from the site (e.g movie night, foot rub) and personalised some I know he'll love (24 hrs no animal duties, candlelit bath).
Thoughtful ideas and none cost anything! Big help for me this year :)

That's a really nice, thoughtful gift.

Ordered Warren's main present on Saturday night - a new pair of football boots that he wanted. Pleased to have gotten that one out of the way :)

1st December and im all done apart from presents for my mum (havent a clue?!) and few little bits for hubby! Im in shock, normally last minute kinda girl but super organised this year....most was done online though :thumbup: havent received half of it yet haha x

no idea yet - i only have my mum and brother to buy for thankfully. I'm out of work with no income, so I am writing off the idea of xmas presents until I get a job...but even then, I have no idea what to buy? Its my first xmas at home in about 5 years :/

I'm pretty much finished now just got to buy my mum and dad something else, which I'm really struggling with...
So for my husband I have brought: a bottle of his fave wine, 2 bars of his fave choc, a couple of books he wanted and a tub of mini cheddars lol!!
One of the gifts I'll wrap up from our little boy :)
My sister, I've brought her a book she wanted and a jar of liquorice allsorts.
My mum I need to get some ideas off my sister, but mum is pretty easy to buy for...
My dad is another story!!
For our little boy, we've got him the Fisher Price newborn to toddler rocker and some bath toys.
We originally agreed that's all we was going to buy him, as we are going away for new year so need the money and he'll only be 7 months old so won't know the difference.
But somehow there's a big bag of clothes to wrap up too... Lol :p
We are giving both sets of parents a calendar from Oliver, both will love it- it was hard picking out just 12 photos tho!!
MIL has an iPhone 5s so we're getting her a phone case for it with Oliver's photo on it :)

Excited for Xmas and our Belgium trip for new year :) xx

Sounds like you are in good stead Dougal! organization always pays off, I'd done all of mine by this time last year, then again I had lots of money so it wasn't an issue. It's harder when you have a very strict budget, as I'm rubbish at finding good ideas (not just the same stuff every year), and the idea's I have had so far are a bit too expensive.

This weekend I made my OH a coupon book. Sounds a bit naff, but I downloaded them and printed them on card, cut them out and made them into a booklet. So they look quite snazzy ;-) I kept some 'original' ones from the site (e.g movie night, foot rub) and personalised some I know he'll love (24 hrs no animal duties, candlelit bath). Thoughtful ideas and none cost anything! Big help for me this year :)

I love this idea :)

Back