Christmas SS coping strategies..

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by gaijingirl, 4 November 2006 Social URL.

1. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Diet:
    LL
    Right.. I've been thinking this through...

Some of the things I'm going to do.

I will volunteer for Crisis and work at their homeless centre for Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. On Christmas Day I will join in the Greenwich Cyclists central London ride. Hopefully our respective families will understand! :)

I'm going to get two advent calendars... an M&S choccy one for the rest of the house (£10) and an M&S jewellery one for me... hehe... (£35!) I figure it's just over one pound a day.. probably it'll be full of slightly rubbish jewellery, but I'll enjoy it and I will wear my new item each day to remind me of how well I'm doing!! :D

Still trying to think of other things - I fully intend to treat myself loads because already I've found it slightly depressing in the shops to see so much gorgeous foodstuff - so I'm thinking cashmere gloves/scarf or summat - never had any cashmere, love the way it feels, slinky underwear, expensive bath stuff... :D I am spending virtually no money apart from my weekly £66 as I don't drive, I have lodgers to help with my mortgage and I'm not buying clothes whilst ss-ing... it's made me realise that I used to spend SHED loads on food for my binges!! (mind you I'm not earning any at the moment either... :eek: )

Anyone else got any good ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

I LOVE the M and S jewellry advent calendar idea! Will have to take a look!

I also think your ideas about helping the homeless and cycling are brill, you will deserve a medal for those!

4. bigbluefurrymonster

bigbluefurrymonster Full Member

hey they're great ideas!!! xxx

5. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Brilliant ideas. A great mix of taking your mind off the food and drink that's around, doing some good and treating yourself to nice non-food treats. Sounds like a perfect Xmas recipe !

6. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

Some FAB ideas there - sounds like u've got it sussed ;)

Bought Advent calendars today for the kids (they get 1 each !)....and like the sound of the M&S jewellery one...must take a look.....

love

Debz
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.