christmas vs diet

I am going to have a little of what I fancy but damage limitation at the same time.

I have asked for no chockies for gifts so that will help!

And, I am going to bear in mind that it is just 1/2 days not weeks!!

i live with a chocaholic so luckaly any chocy that i get, he will eat, i was gunna go down to 140 pounds but have decided to stay where i am, just dont want to over do it this chistmas as i'd hate to go back to bad habits

Same here, I have lost 3 stone in time for xmas so hoping not to put much on.

My mum always buys us three kids a tin of chocks and a tin of biscuits but I have asked her not to get me and my 5 year old either as I know it will be just me eating them!

I'm going to eat what I want but try to cook everything as healthily as possible, stopping when I'm full and trying to up my exercise. But it's going to be Christmas Day, not Christmas Week! Back on it the next day, will then just work things into my calories.

Christmas Day I have a friend coming over, and I'm going to hers on Boxing Day (a tradition for some years); I'm hoping to just enjoy all the goodies on both days and then STOP. It should help that I've got to see a consultant about a hip replacement mid-January and want to get down into the next stone bracket before then!!

i'm sticking to my diet all the way through. i can't risk coming off the wagon and struggling to get the right headspace to get back on.

There will be other xmasses.

Are you going to have a light option christmas dinner then?
i'm on cambridge diet, so no. I will have my meal replacement packs and that's it.

Good luck on your weightloss, im not sure i could do the meal replacement but saying that ive never tasted the cambridge stuff

I'll be eating normally, partly because I've hardly starting dieting yet anyway. Except that I will try and avoid eating a whole tin of chocolates in a couple of days this time.

Easy for me, just think is it worth jeopardizing my plan for food, no, so going to carry on as I have been, it's only another week, nothing special and nothing worth gaining any weight over.

I'm going to follow my usual eating habits , ill have my Xmas dinner, I'm not big on chocy so that won't bother me but I'm a snack monster so nibbles I'll limit, I know when to say no and when my stomachs had enough!

Plus point we have brought my 7 year old an xbox kinnect and it has te dance central game so no doubt I'll be burning so calories whilst having fun with all the family!! Plus we have scheduled a walk after dinner so even though it's Xmas day and tradition to do nothing but eat all day this year will be different and I should be able to counteract some of those calories with messing around on the kinnect with the kids and my walk!!

I'm feeling positive about Xmas, ive again today weighed and I'm 15 dead on and I would love to break into the 14's before Xmas..... If I can maintain for that weekend I'll be pleased
Xx

good plan laura, normally im not a christmas type of guy but this year, i cant wait as this year im actually having christmas day off yey

There will be other xmasses.

I have often thought like this. Sometimes it isnt always the case.

This time last year my father-in-law was full of life and healthy. In September he passed away.

Sometimes there aren't other christmas'. I guess you just have to decide what is more important to you.

Christmas only happens once a year so if i want a treat i will have one but i will still cook the slimming world way

I have often thought like this. Sometimes it isnt always the case.

This time last year my father-in-law was full of life and healthy. In September he passed away.

Sometimes there aren't other christmas'. I guess you just have to decide what is more important to you.
oh granted (my father died suddenly too, any moment with your loved ones is precious: it isn't christmas i remember most fondly, there were too many other brilliant days)- but if it is anyone's last christmas, i'll still be there for that.

I'll sit at the table and i'll join in the conversation and later i'll play charades or whatever. my dieting at christmas will spoil it for no one, because there's so much more to christmas with family than one meal. Of course my family is important, but not eating with them won't make their or my experience of christmas any less special. If my lovely dad was still alive, he wouldn't have given a fig whether I was eating turkey or not, so long as I was there and happy. and nor would I.

you know, i don't think that anyone putting their diet on hold over christmas is wrong. not at all. i wish i had the strength of will to be able to put my diet away and pick it up again afterwards. but i don't. and i need to get to goal as quickly as possible because I have 25 months from next week until i'll be too old for IVF. And given that no one knows how long i'll be on the waiting list, I need to lose the required weight as soon as possible. I can't afford to come off the wagon, put on weight, and potentially have to wait until i find the right headspace to diet successfully again.

As you said, "sometimes you have to decide what is more important to you" - and balancing my chance of ever having a baby against eating the same food as my relatives at christmas. Well actually, the motherhood thing wins hands down, and i'm sure my relatives agree with me.

Back