christmas weigh ins

maxine uk

has anyone planned there christmas weigh ins yet?? or am i worried for nothing :cry:
i weigh in on a monday morning, and im on holiday from 17/12 to late 21/12 and i will miss my weekly wi (i cant miss one because thats the start of being back where i was in June) and as there isnt a wi the following week im getting a bit paranoid,
so what would you do :confused:
go to an evening class pay £4.50 to be told im heavier (which i am naturally in the evening) or try and wait until the 29/12 (leader is having a weigh in morning just for an hours classs)

if you think you will go off track if you dont go to a weigh in just go to the evening one even if you are heavier at least you have been and it will keep you motivated until things get back to normal. I know weighing in the evening makes you heavier my weight can go up by around 6lbs in the evening but at least you know why you are heavier means when you go back to morning wi you should have a bigger loss thats my thoughts anyway lol

I know you have the determination to get through this, so I would say hold off til the morning session, you will be fine, keep checking in here motivation, You can do this. We're with you all the way :grouphugg:
Good luck and well done with your journey so far
x

I get back from my holiday on 28th Dec and my weigh in is on the 29th. I know I will have put weight on but I will go and face the music. If I didn't and waited until the next week then I won't get back on the wagon, I don't trust myself, I'd just have another bad week.
I'd go and get weighed if I were you.

IMO you need to have the 'bad' weigh in, in order to appreciate the good one that will follow.

If you miss it, knowing you will have put on, and you lose during the following week, you risk not losing what you put on.

Which means the next WI, after your week of following the plan 100%, you could still be heavier than before you went away. This will no doubt knock your confidence and focus and it could drag on for weeks affecting your losses.

Better to face the music after your holiday, you weigh what you weigh, and just move on from there.

I ask myself, which is more important to me - losing weight in any particular week? Or ensuring my overall weight loss continues?

And when I put it like that, I find my options very clear.

I suppose it depends on your main reason for going to class.
Are you going to find out how much you weigh, or are you going for the motivation and support that will help you get back into your routine for the week to come?

x

I suppose it depends on your main reason for going to class.
Are you going to find out how much you weigh, or are you going for the motivation and support that will help you get back into your routine for the week to come?

x

I go for both!! :D For me they go hand in hand!

Great way of putting it, thank you. :p

If I were you I'd go. It'll do more good than harm, and lets face it, over the christmas period we all need all the help we can get.

x

our class is opening on the 29th Dec for a mini class - our last weigh in is on 17th Dec - and then the next one wouldnt be until the 7th Jan! so i need to go to the 29th one!

Even tho the 29th is my birthday - and i know its gonna be a gain!!!
Oh - and its my first day back at work LOL! xxxx

Back