Christmas!!!!

I think it's a personal decision that you would have to make in adult ego state. Weigh up the pros and cons to see if the benefits outweigh the fact that you will probably put weight on.

I doubt they would - but I suppose it's more of a psycological issue than anything else :D

Personally, I wouldn't consider a planned lapse - it's not worth it for two days that are essentially 'just another day' even if they have fancy names. I am looking ahead to NEXT Christmas - knowing how brilliant it is going to be, let alone the summer looking all svelte in my bikini ;)... we have many Christmases and New Years - is 'one' really going to be the be all and end all if you don't eat??

Make sure you think it through rationally, and leave your emotional attachment to the days at the door... we all know 'emotions' are NOT the way to make choices :)

Good luck with whatever you decide. x

Personally, I wouldn't consider a planned lapse - it's not worth it for two days that are essentially 'just another day' even if they have fancy names.

I agree - I consider planned lapses even more dangerous than unplanned ones.

With an unplanned one, you feel guilty, kick yourself and promise it won't happen again - you try harder.

With planned lapses, your psychology is different and it becomes easier to convince yourself that it's ok.

I am willing to bet that most people who plan a christmas day lapse, extend the lapse to boxing day.

I'm hopeful that I'll live at least 10 to 15 years longer as a thin person, so this Christmas is a good trade off (and I intend having my christmas in summer - with pressies and all (thanks to Beki for the pressies idea).

The other thing about planned lapses - it doesn't deal with the eating issues we have - we're abstaining from food to lose weight, but find an excuse to break that abstinance. It's just way too risky for me.

Half my group have done this - it's me and 3 newbies left.

Good luck whatever people do, believe me, I hope I'm wrong and the planne dlapses are easy and painless.

I'm hopeful that I'll live at least 10 to 15 years longer as a thin person, so this Christmas is a good trade off (and I intend having my christmas in summer - with pressies and all (thanks to Beki for the pressies idea).

Honey, I'm planning on getting the Chistmas Tree down and everything! I shall have my own little mid-year Christmas. I will have deserved it me thinks!

B x

I'm doing exactly the same. Have thought about buying some christmassy nibbles and storing/freezing them - it's hard to find these things in the height of summer!! x

joining this thread a bit late....but at the end of the day, Christmas, Birthdays, New Years eve, etc., are simply days on a calander with a few words printed....in other words....why break the diet, simply because it is a "holiday"?

9 out of 10 struggle to get back the next day, increasing any "damage"....and planned lapses can easily become unplanned frenzy's - again, maximising the damage.

Don;t do it. Treat yourself. By NOT treating yourself. This is about losing weight and chaning thought patterns....yeah? So give the best gift - a gift of helping to acheive your dream.

The meal will be forgotten, but the weeks spent losing those unnecessary pounds will not be forgotten quite so swiftly. ;)

Would you encourage a heorin junkie to have on hit, just cause it was Christmas?? ;)

I won't be eating at christmas, For me christmas is all about family and time together and tbh how's eating a fat laden dinner going to change that? As everyone else has said whats 1 christmas dinner when it comes down to your health? You can still dance and sing and have fun with your family just do it in the knowledge that next year you will look and feel fabulous!

Emma xXx

I've done a complete 180 on this issue. Before I started I was always going to eat low carb at christmas regardless. That would be week 18 for me and I was always of the view that if I can't handle 1 meal after 18 weeks of counselling then the diet hasn't worked at all.

With that said though I've now decided to push on through. It's not that I don't think I could handle it because I definately could but the fact is I have just over 2 stone to go before I want to start route to management. With a bit of luck and if I push through christmas on abstinance I may even reach target and be able to start RTM on the 1st Jan 09. I was planning to eat at a christmas do on the 18th and Christmas day but I figured the best I could hope for at my weigh in on those weeks is no gain. It's not something I was willing to do in the end. I would've just been putting myself through another 2 weeks of abstinence and £132 of extra cost for the sake of a bit of turkey.

The other reason is that I've become a bit of a challenge whore during the course of LL so far. Christmas is my last big challenge. I think if I can get through that (especially being so close to goal) then I have definately changed for the better.

heh, I know that probably doesn't make much sense....

That makes perfect sense :) Well done guy you're doing brilliantly and you have a fab attitude towards it all :).

Emma xXx

Well, each to their own but I haven't stuck 100% to this diet for over 7 months (and been on holiday and had numerous 'celebrations') to blow it all on a couple of days! I am a completely different person now to the one I was last Christmas and this year I will enjoy wearing a beautiful dress and sparkly shoes MUCH more than I would a couple of slices of turkey :D
This diet has changed my life and Im not blowing it now

Back