Chuffy's Success Express 2 Week Challenge

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by Chuffy_29, 1 July 2009.

1. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

So today i start Success Express. It will have to be after weigh in as i have my little routine to make sure i don't go crazy before hand!

Breakfast - Apple, NSA orange, lemon and pineapple squash

Snack - 2xAlpen light Choc and fudge bars(HExB)

Lunch - 3egg omelette (1/2 plate) with red onion and 28g full fat cheddar(HExA), bacon(1/3 of plate), mushrooms and tomato(1/6 of plate)
    Syns - 2 tblsp brown sauce=2 syns

Snack - Mullerlight orange with choc sprinkles

Dinner - ! Totally forgot it was a special tasting session at my daughters group! I had nibbles of oatcake, rice cakes, a sandwich (ham and turkey, 1.5 slice from a small wholemeal loaf), loads of fruit, raw veggies and some low syn desserts so i've had to count it as all my syns plus my remaining HExB
    Syns=13 syns + HExB

Snack - Total 0% Greek Yogurt with sweetner, and raspberries

So not the greatest start to Success Express!! Roll on tomorrow!
    Last edited: 1 July 2009
  2. *Sally Cinnamon*

*Sally Cinnamon* Well-Known Member

start eating so I can see some SE meals please lol

3. Xassy

Xassy Well-Known Member

4. *Sally Cinnamon*

At least you kept to your syns dolly

5. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

So day two is upon us! I have been to the gym this morning and drunk a load of water (unsurprisingly in this weather!) Just having one Alpen light before i go shopping so i'm not tempted in to anything bad in Tesco!
    Don't think i'm eating enough, it's not that i'm hungry and i'm sticking to the 2/3 to 1/3 split just don't seem to have time to eat what i want! I'll get that right this evening i think!

Breakfast - Red grapefruit (2/3) ham(1/3)

Snack - 2 x Alpen light choc and fudge(HExB)

Lunch - Tomato, 2 large field mushrooms (2/3), topped with 57g Philly light garlic and herb(HExB), and bacon(1/3)

Snack - Mullerlight Rhubarb

Dinner - Quorn stir fry made with peppers, red onion, greens, carrot, courgette, and beef quorn pieces (2/3) sweetcorn (1/3) with black pepper, soy sauce, chilli, stock and a dash of tabasco

Dessert - quark and satumas with 1.5 choc orange options (3 syns)
    Last edited: 2 July 2009
  6. Xassy

Xassy Well-Known Member

Ooooh these sound yummy! The choc and orange ones are good too. :)
  7. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

The fudgey ones are lovely, have yet to try the orange ones.
  8. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Day three finds me a little disheartened. No real reason just struggle on Fridays for some reason! Need to drink more today as i have "fat" ankles from fluid retention and i want that gone!

Breakfast - Total 0% yogurt, strawberries, raspberries (2/3) and baked beans (1/3) (had the beans cold just to make up the ratios!)

Snack - Banana

Lunch- 3 egg omelette, with 28g cheddar (HExA) and 2tblsp Brown sauce (2syns)
    satsuma and Mullerlight vanilla with choc sprinkle

Snack - satsuma

Dinner - Steak (1/3), lettuce, cucumber, mini plum tomatoes, white cabbage, 2 quorn sausages.
    Syns - 2tblsp ketchup 2 syns, 2 tblsp light salad cream 4 syns, cadbury 1/2 fat choc mousse 3 syns.

Also drinking loads today to combat water retention as i had puffy ankles.
    Last edited: 3 July 2009
  9. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Just realised i've not had my HExB's! Now i'm stuffed and won't manage them, darn it.
  10. *Sally Cinnamon*

Oh are we allowed 2 HEb's? I thought it was only 1.... goody

11. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Here we are again. Not sure this is working, posted in the main section for some assistance! Breakfast isn't going to strictly be SE as i'm struggling to get the red/green choice in, it always ends up being bacon, cheese or beans!

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HExB) and 175ml whole milk (HExA)

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Quorn BBQ chicken pieces, greek salad(white cabbage, cos lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion)
    Syns - 28g feta cheese 3.5syns
    Last edited: 4 July 2009
  12. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

So after Saturdays lunch i was feeling a bit ropey and ended up with a bad stomach and didn't eat anything else for Saturday! Yesterday i had dry toast, and a couple of crackers and that was about it! Still not right today but i've started off with a couple of weetabix and milk (measured as per HExA) and we'll see what happens.
  13. *Sally Cinnamon*

hope you feel better soon... a good way to cutback though lol.

take care

14. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

lol yes a "cheat" weigh in shows a 3.5lb loss! Would rather be eating though!!
  15. Lucy1987

Lucy1987 Well-Known Member

Hope you're feeling a bit better. :)

I was looking at your menu for some SE inspiration and think I may borrow the omelette idea for a different lunch.

16. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Ok back on track though i think i'm gonna be more EE than SE!

Turns out i've decided to hit on green big styleee, it's done me proud in the past so i think i'll carry on, but no pasta the day before WI!

breakfast - 2 weetabix (hexb) and 175ml whole milk (hex a)
    snack - 2 gherkins
    lunch - pasta'n'sauce chicken and mushroom, with milk (4 syns), mullerlight orange with choc sprinkles
    snack - 4 quorn cocktail sausages
    dinner - 85g raw mince (hexB)(made in to little meatballs), wholewheat fusilli , tinned tomatoes, onion, yellow peppers (made in to a sauce), 28g cheddar cheese (hexA), cucumber, tomato, romaine lettuce. Skinny Cow triple chocolate ice cream lolly (4.5 syns)
    Last edited: 9 July 2009
  17. *Sally Cinnamon*

It is funny.... normally it would be sod the diet, but with SW you can just say "I'll try that later and stick to EE", eating lots and sticking to plan... I love SW... good luck with EE, I will be (hopefully) trying this next week when on holidays ( and probably exceeding my syns too lol)

18. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

There's a really helpful article in this months mag about syns on holiday! Basically it says you can either eat what you want and know you'll gain, try and be good but flexible or stick rigidly to it!

Today i am EE, as it's OH birthday and we're going out tonight.

Breakfast - total 0%, with strawberries and raspberries
    snack - wafer thin ham slices
    lunch - chicken noodle mugshot, mandarin mullerlight
    Dinner - Malaysian/Singaporian potatoes cakes, prawn toasts, satay
    Crispy beef with vermicelli, beef rendang, lamb curry, sizzling chicken, plain rice
    Caramel ice cream

Thank the lord for flexi syns :)
    Last edited: 11 July 2009
  19. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Got on the scales this morning (i know i know) and i'm still showing a half lb drop on last week and i've got 3 days to make up ground so 100% on plan (not that i really stray usually!)
  20. *Sally Cinnamon*

oh... I like the look of that meal... I love Malaysian/Indonesian/Thai food